LIVE LIVE LIVE from the MARINER with MERION MOM for 53 DAYS!!!

Merion_Mom

Hi all- got my new computer today and am looking forward to downloading photos from webshots and any other sites any of you may have set up. Post and re-post the sites if you can-my family is waiting for proof of the good time and beautiful scenery.

Sorry about all the snow Carol-at least you have heat just in time.

Still waiting for the Machew Peechew dvd from Jeremy. Don't think it is probably high on his priority list now that he's swamped the new route.

Hope to hear from you.

Zu~

Those pesky monkeys just couldn't keep still long enough for a good action shot. Some pictures of the river croc experience would be great too, the sacrificial cute boat driver was very photogenic. I sure hope he makes lots of money for sinking up to his knees in mud with crocs snapping at his chicken offerings.

Zu~

Hey Sue I sure do miss you and am very glad you got your computer on the way.. I have some good monkey sex pics and will get them e-mailed to you when I get them down loaded. Luv ya Vicki

re: " due to the length of the trip and the large number of health problems reported."

George, do you know this to be a fact, I mean, the REASON for the inspection ?

What I saw was very consistent with the routine Vessel Sanitation Program of the Centers for Disease Control. A U.S. Public Health Service guy was inspecting the food service areas of the Windjammer on the morning of our departure, along with Adolph, the Head Food and Beverage guy for RCI. This previously unannounced 'surprise' inspection (which is their usual method of operation) is why the Windjammer had to close up breakfast early on our departure morn, leaving many of us hungry and upset.

US Public Health Service inspectors examine the primary sanitation systems of all ships that make port calls in the United States. They do these ship inspections twice a year, and they are NOT announced - so, they are always surprise inspections when they occur. They only do these inspections when the ships are at US ports.

The last time the Mariner had a VSP inspection was in August 2008, and scored a 99 (out of 100), with the deduction being for a backflow valve on one of the sinks in the Windjammer. It was probably about time for the regular VSP inspection anyway. It did not seem to me to be an unusual inspection. (I have had experience working with the Centers for Disease Control in their Infectious Diseases and Vaccine-Preventable Diseases programs while I was an Associate Professor of Family Medicine at the Medical College of Georgia.)

Jeannine

Jeannine

The new score is out

Mariner Of The Seas Royal Caribbean International

2/19/2009 12:00:00 AM 93 Scores Report Corrective Action

I believe this was there lowest score.

But a 93 is still passing.

Hey did you get snow on Monday ?

George

Jeannine

The new score is out 93

Mariner Of The Seas Royal Caribbean International

I believe this was there lowest score.

But a 93 is still passing.

Hey did you get snow on Monday ?

George

Thanks for the update on the Vessel Sanitation Score.

And no, thank goodness, we did NOT get any snow this week.

Although other places in North Carolina DID get snow (Asheville, Charlotte, Raleigh, Fayetteville), our location on the southeastern corner of the state, along the coast, keeps us pretty protected from snows.

(Although I WAS sent an email photo of my house with SNOW on it, during the first part of our cruise!) It's mighty cold here, though. down to 32 the past couple of nights. (Cold is a relative thing, you know.) But we are supposed to be back up in the 70's by Friday. We'll see.

Hi Carol, or anyone else,

Does anyone know how to get the live web-cam of the Mariner in Port as I would like to see it leave today......We have friends on her.....Thanks:)

Carol:)

Hey Sue I sure do miss you and am very glad you got your computer on the way.. I have some good monkey sex pics and will get them e-mailed to you when I get them down loaded. Luv ya Vicki

Hey Vickie, how are you all doing???? Miss you all.

I would love to have the "monkey sex" pics also, I was laughing to hard to even snap a pic..... my family was so dissapointed... (yes they are warped just like me):eek:

Geez Vickie,

I thought you and Woody had vanished ! I e-mailed you (mbsusan6) but didn't hear back. The forces are still out searching for my missing bag. . .. so far no luck, but who knows. Don Anderson really helped with phone numbers and contacts.

I just got DVDs from Ellen and Dana, but I am having trouble importing them to my new computer. It's so new I don't know how to import properly yet. Off for a lesson tomorrow.

Those monkeys were moving around so much (little deviates) that it was difficult to get a clear shot of their antics :0 !. I'll bet you got some good ones.

I really wish I had a cruise planned with the whole gang again, it was just too much fun. Miss you and love you too ! Susan

p.s. Has anyone heard from Dor-ass recently?

Pat, I can't believe YOU didn't get good monkey sex pictures, we laughed so hard in the back of the bus about it.

Hi Carol, or anyone else,

Does anyone know how to get the live web-cam of the Mariner in Port as I would like to see it leave today......We have friends on her.....Thanks:)

Carol:)

I'm two days late, but it wouldn't have mattered - there isn't a webcam at the port of LA.

I'm two days late, but it wouldn't have mattered - there isn't a webcam at the port of LA.

Jean, I looked at your Mariner arrival in LA photos and wonder if you ever share them???? I would like 4 shots that I see on webshots and outside buying them, I'm not sure how to go about it....just asking as they are wonderful and I was certainly not awake as we backed into LA harbor that 19th of Feb...

Ginny:)

Jean, I looked at your Mariner arrival in LA photos and wonder if you ever share them???? I would like 4 shots that I see on webshots and outside buying them, I'm not sure how to go about it....just asking as they are wonderful and I was certainly not awake as we backed into LA harbor that 19th of Feb...

Ginny:)

Of course! Email me and tell me which ones you would like. You still have my email addy, don't you?

I'm getting returns from your e-mail address that they are not usable. I have a few photos to send. Zu~

Hi Zu...........have been slammed (good) with work. Got your last email with pictures.........thanks.

Glad that you have a new computer. What a mess with losing your bag.:(

I'll email you soon.;)

Rick

ALWAYS BE NICE TO YOUR WAITSTAFF!!!

Last week, we took some friends to a new restaurant, 'Steve's Place,' and noticed that the waiter who took our order carried a spoon in his shirt pocket.

It seemed a little strange. When the busboy brought our water and utensils, I observed that he also had a spoon in his shirt pocket..

Then I looked around and saw that all the staff had spoons in their pockets. When the waiter came back to serve our soup I inquired, "Why the spoon?"

"Well, he explained, the restaurant's owner hired Andersen Consulting to revamp all of our processes. After several months of analysis, they concluded that the spoon was the most frequently dropped utensil. It represents a drop frequency of approximately 3 spoons per table per hour. If our personnel are better prepared, we can reduce the number of trips back to the kitchen and save 15 man-hours per shift."

As luck would have it, I dropped my spoon and he replaced it with his spare.

"I'll get another spoon next time I go to the kitchen instead of making an extra trip to get it right now."

I was impressed.

I also noticed that there was a string hanging out of the waiter's fly.

Looking around, I saw that all of the waiters had the same string hanging from their flies. So, before he walked off, I asked the waiter, "Excuse me, but can you tell me why you have that string right there?"

"Oh, certainly!"

Then he lowered his voice.

"Not everyone is so observant. That consulting firm I mentioned also learned that we can save time in the restroom. By tying this string to the tip of our you-know-what, we can pull it out without touching it and eliminate the need to wash our hands, shortening the time spent in the restroom by 76.39%."

I asked quietly...... "'After you get it out, how do you put it back?"

"Well," he whispered..... "I don't know about the others, but I use the spoon" :eek:

Doris - You are hysterical..LOL..this is why I love you so much. Hope all is well. We will miss having you, Carol, Rick and Bobbie, Len and Letty with us on our TA next month. Take care of yourself!!! Mary

Hi Zu...........have been slammed (good) with work. Got your last email with pictures.........thanks.

Glad that you have a new computer. What a mess with losing your bag.:(

I'll email you soon.;)

Rick

Rick - how are you and Bobbie? Hope all is well. Wish we had you with us in April - hopefully sometime soon. We'll have a live Independence thread starting shortly before so you can follow all we are up to - causing trouble in the middle of the Atlantic. Take care, Mary

Rick - how are you and Bobbie? Hope all is well. Wish we had you with us in April - hopefully sometime soon. We'll have a live Independence thread starting shortly before so you can follow all we are up to - causing trouble in the middle of the Atlantic. Take care, Mary

Mary........do we have your email address???

Missing you guys very much!!

Rick

Archived