LIVE LIVE LIVE from the MARINER with MERION MOM for 53 DAYS!!!

Merion_Mom

Debbie........bookmark http://www.traveldocs.com

This will give you all the information you need when traveling to countries unfamiliar to you.

Since entry requirements can change on a daily basis.............it would be impossible for RCI to keep up. That's why they leave it up to the passenger.

I agree to you up to a certain extent however the above website states this for Egypt...

"TOURIST TRAVEL

* U.S. Passport / valid at least 6 months beyond intended stay

* Tickets and Documents for return or onward travel

* Visa Required. Visa can be issued on arrival at air and sea ports only (no land borders) for stay up to one week. Extension to 30 days possible on application. Expect occasional delays.

* Vaccination: International Certificate of Vaccination for Yellow Fever required if arriving from infected area within 5 days"

Notice "Visa Required" section. So does that mean that I will need to stand in line before departing the ship to acquire said visa? I have already checked in online and no where in my documentation has it stated that a visa is required. The reason I know this is because our rollcall had a recent discussion along those lines. Being the planner/taker care of the mundane things, I could blithly apply for the visa beforehand to get over the hassle beforehand but that would have been an unneeded step since someone already checked into it and found out that the cruiseship has a blanket waiver.

I would expect RCCL to "redflag" the cruise documentation, if the majority of passengers for a particular sailing is from a particular country and if they will be visiting a particular country that requires extra documentation for those passengers.

Debbie........bookmark www.traveldocs.com

This will give you all the information you need when traveling to countries unfamiliar to you.

Since entry requirements can change on a daily basis.............it would be impossible for RCI to keep up. That's why they leave it up to the passenger.

Thank you for the info! Will definitely keep it as future reference.

Sorry I had to go put dinner in the oven.

Isn't she pretty all lit up now in the dark? You can actually see people come out their patio doors on the balcony. Lights go on and off in the cabins. This is torture.

Laura

Hi Laura, could you please let me know how you can see everyone:confused: I am so excited for everyone but I can't find the web-cam:confused:

Carol:)

Ive been trying to open this webpage for like 10 minutes! Anyone having the same problem?

I had to run the program.. took seconds. There was a yellow bar that opened at the top of the screen. I was asked if I wanted to run the program to open and I said yes. Maybe someone can answer Chris better in computer language.

Laura

The TA said that RCI either told them that RCI would take care of the Visa once they were on board.............or RIC said they did not need one!

Yep.........that's the excuse they usually use!

One of my best friends who was going to take this cruise with the wife and myself changed their minds to go on a Feb 14th cruise to Asia on RCCL.

They were told several times they didn't need a visa and if they did you could buy them on board with prices ranging from $25 to $40 pp depending one the port.

Keep in mind they booked direct through RCCL the complete package Air,rooms and cruise with the following Ports of Call: Shanghai, China; Xiamen, China; Hong Kong, China; Sanya, China; Hue/Danang (Chan May Port), Vietnam; Nha Trang, Vietnam; Ho Chi Minh City (Vung Tau), Vietnam; Bangkok (Laem Chabang),Thailand; Sihanoukville, Cambodia; Singapore .

Up until the week of Christmas I argued with my friends that they need to get their own VISA just to enter CHINA , but RCCL told them no visa was needed and if they did need one they could get them on board, AGAIN with the ON BOARD , my point finally sunk in when I finally drove the point that the plane lands in CHINA 2 days before their Cruise and just how were they going to get the visa ON BOARD

So on Dec 22 they had to overnight all the paper work etc along with nearly $400 their VISA will be here Monday.

Just what is RCCL thinking telling people they don't need VISAS

Go Bucks

I can't get the PC web cam to open....have tried for the past 4/5 hrs without success. Tried clicking on the links from other poster w/out success. Me thinks it's a plot.....or am I paranoid????!!!! No I know I'm not, it's just that the "Hornblowers" and "Divas" are having such a GREAT time they had to shut down the PC web cam!!!!!!!!!!!

Bon Voyage y'all

Lynda

Sorry I had to go put dinner in the oven.

Isn't she pretty all lit up now in the dark? You can actually see people come out their patio doors on the balcony. Lights go on and off in the cabins. This is torture.

Laura

I just watched a couple of people out on Carols RFS......on the stern, walking around on their balcony!! Pretty cool.

Bobbie is having dinner as we speak........and then she will call me one more time before the Mariner pulls out.

Last count was that one bus pulled out with pax with no Brazilian Visas, headed for Miami, and now a 2nd bus is needed for the rest of the people.

Mariner looks beautiful all lit up!!:):)

Rick

I can't get the PC web cam to open....have tried for the past 4/5 hrs without success. Tried clicking on the links from other poster w/out success. Me thinks it's a plot.....or am I paranoid????!!!! No I know I'm not, it's just that the "Hornblowers" and "Divas" are having such a GREAT time they had to shut down the PC web cam!!!!!!!!!!!

Bon Voyage y'all

Lynda

Lynda, I was able to open it on Firefox (Mozilla). If you have that browser available, try that. If you don't ... you've got over an hour to download it. It's free ... :o

Thanks Lorna, but all I see is the ship and I can't bring it in or is it me:confused:

Carol:)

So far, that's all I see, too, Carol! I tried zoom and it didn't. Is anyone else able to zoom? Maybe we're just spoiled from the Miami Port cam???

I'm having my virtual sailaway party, here. I have my Pomegranate Martini in a red Sloozie glass; my mardi gras beads; and streamers. I am ready!!! Anyone want to join me? There's plenty of Pommies to go around! :D

I just watched a couple of people out on Carols RFS......on the stern, walking around on their balcony!! Pretty cool.

Bobbie is having dinner as we speak........and then she will call me one more time before the Mariner pulls out.

Last count was that one bus pulled out with pax with no Brazilian Visas, headed for Miami, and now a 2nd bus is needed for the rest of the people.

Mariner looks beautiful all lit up!!:):)

Rick

Rick, is she on 8 or 9?

Archived