LIVE LIVE LIVE from the MARINER with MERION MOM for 53 DAYS!!!

Merion_Mom

omg and Im sitting here letting a broken ankle heal, if I wereon the ship im be upset too wow to be in the Mustard drill then take jackets back to cabin them to captains reception then get to early dinner and sign breath grrrrrrrrrrrrr nothing like a bums rush

I'm hoping that your ankle heals properly!!

Let's not get too far off base. Bobbie has an OS...to herself.....till I get aboard.;)

It's an inconvenience that Linda picked up on.........that I would think that most women would complain about.

Rick

After all that waiting and then finally packing and the thrill of getting to the port and then to find out about the visas I would literally be sick. My heart goes out to those that turned back and could not afford to pay the additional monies. Those that moved forward you know they are stressed to the max. I would need tranquilizers for sure.

How does that work for the crew with such a low number of passengers income wise?

Laura

I guess that the operative words are "and then to find out about the visas". I am sure that I would be upset also, but at myself for failing to read and follow the directions that stated that Brazilian visas were required and that it was the passenger's responsibility to get them. Most people that I know would be so excited about such a sailing would have pretty much read all of the print off of their documents by the time sailing day arrived.

I'm hoping that your ankle heals properly!!

Let's not get too far off base. Bobbie has an OS...to herself.....till I get aboard.;)

It's an inconvenience that Linda picked up on.........that I would think that most women would complain about.

Rick

Rick....I would find the schedule impossible to do on formal night. :eek:

What woman would want to be dressed fromal....run around to the life drill in formal attire and still be presentalbe to the Captains reception all with in 30 minutes? :eek:....please tell Bobbie to tell all the ladies......I said GOOD LUCK! :D :D

Looks like plenty of cabins open for that sailing....Spellbinder keep checking, wish we were with you at the SKY BAR like old times:)

The Miz- TRUTHS:) Im a lover (and a drinker) not a fighter...When are you boarding? or are you on now? Happy sailings!

I hope so George but probably more likely some new booking only sales like they have been doing.

Skyking a drinker? LOL Oh I still remember the getting drunk with Skyking thread. Cheers.....

OMG.....makes no sense at all.......that is the craziest schedule! :eek:

Linda........there are three things that should make sense to you. You have cruised many times..........and know the routine.

Now.........we have a "one time" passenger cruise drill. The Captain makes the decision of when the best time to hold the mandatory drill.......which, according to the US Coast Guard laws..........must be held within 24 hours of sailing (which is because the Titanic only sunk on the next to the last night before arriving in New York!)

So........if you are among the Main course diners.......you need to show up at 6PM..........execpt...on formal night........you need to show up at 5:30 for the Captains reception.

My DW just likes more time to get ready to look like she wants to look.

That is a fair statement.

Rick

Well........the Mariner has sailed.....and here are some interesting facts.

Slightly over 150 persons were left behind.......according to Bobbies waiter....that did not have Brazilian visas. Some have not accepted RCCLs offer to get them to Miami and back onboard as soon as possible.......because they cannot afford the cost........which could be more than $2,000.00.

There are just 1700 people aboard for this leg.........that holds more than 3100 people.

Tomorrow is passenger drill...........and formal night. Since Bobbie is with her parents.......and they have first (main) seating.........she is not a happy camper.

Rum Runners continue to work......(hey, don't flame me........i'm just reporting the facts).

Friends also delivered Mango juice.........her favorite mixer!!

She sends Lorna a great big hug!! Bobbie wishes that you were with her........she would have shared her cabin...............wow.....I didn't know that!!

As Carol has said.........the third floor of the dining room will be closed. There are just not enough people to take care of.

From here on out.......it's going to be via the internet.........so, I think that others will have more stories than me.

I'm looking forward to meeting up with George, David and Jack......as we travel south to Santiago...Chile.......and on to meet(at least Dave and myself) our ladies........in Valparaiso.

The most amazing thing that I had to do this evening........was to let Bobbie know that she was actually moving away from the dock. She finally went out onto he balcony.........and was able to watch the ship move away!!

I know that Carol will be taking this thread back..........as soon as she is settled.

Thanks Carol for introducing Bobbie to your cabin mates.

Rick

Me either ... or I would have been there ... (in my dreams, as I don't think my clients would have appreciated me going off for 46 days :(). Next time you "talk" to her, Rick, tell her I'm sending hugs back to her! :) Thanks!

What woman would want to be dressed fromal....run around to the life drill in formal attire and still be presentalbe to the Captains reception all with in 30 minutes? :eek:....please tell Bobbie to tell all the ladies......I said GOOD LUCK! :D :D

So.......maybe is the Arizona group ready to get together.....for a little dinner this month???

You have my email address!!

Rick

Thanks Linda.

I knew that special women on this board would understand that!!:)

Rick

Skyking a drinker? LOL Oh I still remember the getting drunk with Skyking thread. Cheers.....

That was one FUN night!! Thanks Skyking :D And, where has FitzLA been lately :confused:

So.......maybe is the Arizona group ready to get together.....for a little dinner this month???

You have my email address!!

Rick

Perhaps a dinner that we can finally attend???

###

Looks like plenty of cabins open for that sailing....Spellbinder keep checking, wish we were with you at the SKY BAR like old times:)

The Miz- TRUTHS:) Im a lover (and a drinker) not a fighter...When are you boarding? or are you on now? Happy sailings!

Skyking

If you mean truce no problem there.

I am boarding with Spellbinder and Rick in Chile.

George

Linda........there are three things that should make sense to you. You have cruised many times..........and know the routine.

Now.........we have a "one time" passenger cruise drill. The Captain makes the decision of when the best time to hold the mandatory drill.......which, according to the US Coast Guard laws..........must be held within 24 hours of sailing (which is because the Titanic only sunk on the next to the last night before arriving in New York!)

So........if you are among the Main course diners.......you need to show up at 6PM..........execpt...on formal night........you need to show up at 5:30 for the Captains reception.

My DW just likes more time to get ready to look like she wants to look.

That is a fair statement.

Rick

Despite what she thinks, Bobbie would look beautiful in a potato sack! I'm sure she'll do the life jacket proud! ;)

Me either ... or I would have been there ... (in my dreams, as I don't think my clients would have appreciated me going off for 46 days :(). Next time you "talk" to her, Rick, tell her I'm sending hugs back to her! :) Thanks!

Yes..........you are her favorite..........and would cruise the world with you.

Crazy that she does not write to anyone but a friend in Florida.......but thinks the world of you........and if you need a roomie........she is there.

However.........you know how she likes to cruise........and Ill pay the tab........

Am I in trouble now!!

Rick

Skyking

If you mean truce no problem there.

I am boarding with Spellbinder and Rick in Chile.

George

YESSS TRUCE:)

It was the Vodka:)

FITZLA...MY CUZ, where are you????? I have seen him other places, but not here in a while now. I am trying to send hime some signals, maybe he will get them.

Tim

Bon Voyage Mariner!! Have a wonderful time Carol, Doris, Bobbie, Cindy, Len and Letty. Hope you guys have a great trip. We will be reading and pretending we are on there with you!! Take care and be safe, Mary (and Dennis)

She would just die at our statements!!

I have been pulling for her for the past 48 hours..........and I'm headed to bed very shortly.

I can't believe that it's going to be so quiet........God Bless.....for the next 28 days!!

I love my bride......but sometimes there needs to be a little bit of parting....just to make the love better.

Rick

Yes..........you are her favorite..........and would cruise the world with you.

Crazy that she does not write to anyone but a friend in Florida.......but thinks the world of you........and if you need a roomie........she is there.

However.........you know how she likes to cruise........and Ill pay the tab........

Am I in trouble now!!

Rick

Not with me .. ;):D

Despite what she thinks, Bobbie would look beautiful in a potato sack! I'm sure she'll do the life jacket proud! ;)

I'll send that note off to her.

Do you have her shipboard emal address??? Let me know on my address......and I'' get you hooked up with her.

Rick

Bon Voyage Mariner!! Have a wonderful time Carol, Doris, Bobbie, Cindy, Len and Letty. Hope you guys have a great trip. We will be reading and pretending we are on there with you!! Take care and be safe, Mary (and Dennis)

Don't forget Dorass!!!:D

We are good friends of Roger and Ivan and Patrick and Daryl who are on the entire three leg portion of this trip. I forgot to print the itinerary off the RCI website and of course, the first leg is gone now. :( I have the 2nd and 3rd pieces.....

Does any one have the itinerary for the first leg of this journey? You can either post it here or email it to me at calvalsun at yahoo.com . Or post a link where I can still find it.....

It is almost as fun to watch the web cam and read all these postings as to be going..... especially when there was no way we could go right now due to my work being so busy.

Thanks in advance for your help!

CV Bill

We are good friends of Roger and Ivan and Patrick and Daryl who are on the entire three leg portion of this trip. I forgot to print the itinerary off the RCI website and of course, the first leg is gone now. :( I have the 2nd and 3rd pieces.....

Does any one have the itinerary for the first leg of this journey? You can either post it here or email it to me at calvalsun at yahoo.com . Or post a link where I can still find it.....

It is almost as fun to watch the web cam and read all these postings as to be going..... especially when there was no way we could go right now due to my work being so busy.

Thanks in advance for your help!

CV Bill

Here you are:

DAY DATE PORT ARRIVE DEPART

Sun Jan 4 Port Canaveral, FL 8:00pm

Mon Jan 5 Coco Cay, Bahamas 7:00am 5:00pm

Tue Jan 6 At Sea

Wed Jan 7 At Sea

Thu Jan 8 St. Maarten 7:00am 6:00pm

Fri Jan 9 St. Kitts 7:00am 3:30pm

Sat Jan 10 Barbados 9:00am 6:00pm

Sun Jan 11 At Sea

Mon Jan 12 At Sea

Tue Jan 13 At Sea

Wed Jan 14 At Sea

Thu Jan 15 At Sea

Fri Jan 16 Salvador, Brazil 9:00am 5:00pm

Sat Jan 17 At Sea

Sun Jan 18 Rio de Janeiro 3:00pm

Mon Jan 19 Rio de Janeiro Disembark

Mon Jan 19 Rio de Janeiro 8:30pm

Tue Jan 20 At Sea

Wed Jan 21 At Sea

Thu Jan 22 Montevideo, Uruguay 9:00am 6:00pm

Fri Jan 23 Buenos Aires 9:00am

Sat Jan 24 Buenos Aires 6:00pm

Sun Jan 25 At Sea

Mon Jan 26 At Sea

Tue Jan 27 At Sea

Wed Jan 28 Cape Horn (Cruising) 4:00pm 6:00pm

Thu Jan 29 Ushuaia, Argentina 7:00am 5:00pm

Fri Jan 30 Strait Of Magellan (Cruising)

Sat Jan 31 Chilean Fjords (Cruising)

Sun Feb 1 At Sea

Mon Feb 2 Santiago, Chile 11:00am

Tue Feb 3 Santiago, Chile Disembark

Tue Feb 3 Santiago, Chile 9:00pm

Wed Feb 4 At Sea

Thu Feb 5 At Sea

Fri Feb 6 Arica, Chile 7:00am 6:00pm

Sat Feb 7 At Sea

Sun Feb 8 Lima (Callao), Peru 7:00am 6:00pm

Mon Feb 9 At Sea

Tue Feb 10 At Sea

Wed Feb 11 At Sea

Thu Feb 12 Pt Caldera Costa Rica 7:00am 7:00pm

Fri Feb 13 At Sea

Sat Feb 14 At Sea

Sun Feb 15 Acapulco, Mexico 7:00am 6:00pm

Mon Feb 16 At Sea

Tue Feb 17 Cabo San Lucas Mexico 7:00am 4:00pm

Wed Feb 18 At Sea

Thu Feb 19 Los Angeles, CA 8:00am

Thanks for the posting. I felt kind of stupid when my wife asked what the next few ports were and I said 'I'll print it off the computer." I didn't even have to go to the website and I knew it was gone... And it wasn't a weekly thing so I couldn't find the next duplicate sailing!

Happy Dreaming following the ship!

CV Bill

Here's another copy, slightly different format, hopefully a little easier to read:

DAY DATE   PORT                  ARRIVE DEPART
Sun Jan 4  Port Canaveral, FL           8:00pm
Mon Jan 5  Coco Cay, Bahamas     7:00am 5:00pm
Tue Jan 6  At Sea
Wed Jan 7  At Sea
Thu Jan 8  St. Maarten           7:00am 6:00pm
Fri Jan 9  St. Kitts             7:00am 3:30pm
Sat Jan 10 Barbados              9:00am 6:00pm
Sun Jan 11 At Sea
Mon Jan 12 At Sea
Tue Jan 13 At Sea
Wed Jan 14 At Sea
Thu Jan 15 At Sea
Fri Jan 16 Salvador, Brazil      9:00am 5:00pm
Sat Jan 17 At Sea
Sun Jan 18 Rio de Janeiro        3:00pm
Mon Jan 19 Rio de Janeiro        Disembark

Mon Jan 19 Rio de Janeiro               8:30pm
Tue Jan 20 At Sea
Wed Jan 21 At Sea
Thu Jan 22 Montevideo, Uruguay   9:00am 6:00pm
Fri Jan 23 Buenos Aires          9:00am
Sat Jan 24 Buenos Aires                 6:00pm
Sun Jan 25 At Sea
Mon Jan 26 At Sea
Tue Jan 27 At Sea
Wed Jan 28 Cape Horn (Cruising)  4:00pm 6:00pm
Thu Jan 29 Ushuaia, Argentina    7:00am 5:00pm
Fri Jan 30 Strait Of Magellan (Cruising)
Sat Jan 31 Chilean Fjords (Cruising)
Sun Feb 1  At Sea
Mon Feb 2  Santiago, Chile       11:00am
Tue Feb 3  Santiago, Chile       Disembark

Tue Feb 3  Santiago, Chile              9:00pm
Wed Feb 4  At Sea
Thu Feb 5  At Sea
Fri Feb 6  Arica, Chile          7:00am 6:00pm
Sat Feb 7  At Sea
Sun Feb 8  Lima (Callao), Peru   7:00am 6:00pm
Mon Feb 9  At Sea
Tue Feb 10 At Sea
Wed Feb 11 At Sea
Thu Feb 12 Pt Caldera Costa Rica 7:00am 7:00pm
Fri Feb 13 At Sea
Sat Feb 14 At Sea
Sun Feb 15 Acapulco, Mexico      7:00am 6:00pm
Mon Feb 16 At Sea
Tue Feb 17 Cabo San Lucas Mexico 7:00am 4:00pm
Wed Feb 18 At Sea
Thu Feb 19 Los Angeles, CA       8:00am

Whole thread on just the itinerary is here.

Theron

I am glad for these. Roger had said he'd send the itinerary and I am sure he was busy and never got it done. And yes, I have been following the Mariner Meet and Mingle link. I guessed it might have been somewhere in those 410 pages or what ever it is up to now. I missed the link you mentioned or I wouldn't have had to ask agin...

Thanks

Archived