What ship and Itinerary would you choose?

My wife and I received a great gift for Christmas. We received an all expense paid trip (within reason) of course we will be taking a cruise, because it offers the most for the both of us. We need to book the cruise in the next day or so, and plan on traveling in late January or early February. We want to travel to the Caribbean out of a Florida port. We do want to make sure that we make it as economical as possible.

So the question is: What ship and itinerary would you choose? We have sailed on Carnival several times, but only once on Royal Caribbean. We definitely want to go RCI.

Thanks for you thoughts in advance.

I can tell you we just switched our cruise from the AOS to the Liberty OTS out of Miami for 3/2010. Even though we've already done a Western Caribbean cruise, the kids wanted to go on a ship with a FlowRider and the Liberty fit into our schedule.

Do you qualify for any discounts--residency, sr.ciizen (55 or older) or military (have your DD-214)? What port do you want to depart from? Do you want an inside, outside, promenade (on Voyager class ships) or balcony?

We don't really qualify for any discounts, that I am aware of. Port really doesn't matter, as we are in SC so we will probably fly to the port. Outside cabin is our preference. Thanks for any help.

Looks like the Liberty of the Seas would be a great choice if you want a reasonable price for 7 nts. out of Miami. It is doing the Eastern Caribbean. The 1/31/09 sailing is selling for $1487.74 for an outside gty. and $1687.74 for a balcony gty. I would take the balcony for the little difference in price, but that's just me.

Forgot to add, that price for Eastern sailing on the Liberty is total for 2 people, not including fuel surcharge, if it still is in effect at that time.

RCI didn't charged us for fuel on the Liberty for the Jan 31 sailing, when we booked last week.

Personally, I would try one of the newer ships (just for the fun of it) but having said that, we make the ship our destination and dont even care where it is going. We have been to most of the Eastern and Western ports and just like sailing. You will have an awesome vacation whatever you pick. Good luck!

Liberty would be an excellent choice and certainly has all the bells and whistles that would make your first RCI cruise a most memorable one. If, however, you can extend your cruise a few more days, you might give some consideration to the Jewel of the Seas, 10 or 11 night Panama Canal cruises. We find that the Jewel is just the right size ship and offers a wonderful cruise experience to those who don't need the Royal Promenade, Flowrider® etc. to complete their cruise experience. Whatever ship or itinerary you choose, I hope that this will be just the first of many future Royal Caribbean cruises.:)

Of the 4 we have done.......2 with kids and 2 without..................I am choosing to sail the Adventure of the Seas again.....We did the Southern Aruba route and it was our FAVORITE cruise so far!!!! Love the ship (perfect size) and the route.....we are sailing her again this May but trying the Barbados route this time.

Archived