Adding another person after payment

trvldog

My Mom & I are thinking about doing Alaska again this year in May or June. We are confirmed to go. My sis in law and or my niece may join us however they probably will not know until 30 days or less to departure due to their work schedules. Mom and I want to get booked and paid for as soon as we decide which sailing to take.

My question is does HAL allow you to add 1 or 2 people to a booking after payment? We want to be in the same cabin to save $$ and we do not mind 3 or 4 sharing a room we have done it before. I am just curious if this can be done as long as we book a cabin that will hold up to 4 people when we book.

Any information is greatly appreciated

As long as you won't be looking for another cabin, and as long as the cabin you have booked is for three or four, then yes, you can add people to the booking. They will pay the charge in effect at the time they book.

It wouldn't work to book them in advance because they would be in the penalty period before they could make their final decision. The best thing to do would be to add them and hope the ship hasn't reached full capacity at that point. With the way the economy is going, there will probably be space available.

I had this same problem and i was told its fine to add people on to the room, as long as the room is made for that many people and it doesn't go over the ships total occupancy. The ship has a passenger limit, and if all the rooms were filled to capacity it would go over the limit, so not all the rooms can be filled. I booked the room for 2 people and I added a third to the room later. I was told i could book a 2 person room and then change rooms later when i added a third person.

My Mom & I are thinking about doing Alaska again this year in May or June. We are confirmed to go. My sis in law and or my niece may join us however they probably will not know until 30 days or less to departure due to their work schedules. Mom and I want to get booked and paid for as soon as we decide which sailing to take.

My question is does HAL allow you to add 1 or 2 people to a booking after payment? We want to be in the same cabin to save $$ and we do not mind 3 or 4 sharing a room we have done it before. I am just curious if this can be done as long as we book a cabin that will hold up to 4 people when we book.

Any information is greatly appreciated

It will all depend if the ship has reached the maximum 3d/4th passenger limits at the time they decide..... there is no way you will know if they can be added until they are atcually ready to make the decision if they can sail with you or not !

Thank you for all the replies.

Hopefully in early May the sailing will not be sold out :)

I will just book a large enough cabin and cross our fingers. I actually think it will just be my sis-in law adding but better to take our chances than to book her and than she looses her money if she could not get out of work.

Have a wonderful new years everyone!!

Archived