Elite Captain's Club

lawk

Although we have heard a BUNCH of times that they were going to revamp the Captain's Club amenities, supposedly, (there is that word again :)), this is the first time that there is money in the budget for the revamp. We will see. :cool:

If you really want Perks; sail on Crystal. You will get nothing but Perk, but! you will pay for each and everyone when you pay for the cruise.

On Royal in the Conceige lounge you can drink until you drop for free, if you arre a Diamond. That is a perk.

cruise on:D

If you are Elite, you should notice a discernable difference in your service at nearly every turn. Basically, you get whatever you want if it's available.

I find this very surprising as it has not been our experience at all. We are also Elite Captain's Club members who generally receive excellent service on Celebrity ships, just as we did when we were Select and Classic level members. In fact, we were first impressed by how wonderful the service was on our very first Celebrity cruise back before we were even eligible to join the Captain's Club.

Our membership level has never made any discernable difference to us in the way we were treated by staff or crew. The biggest difference we have noticed as Elite members is that we get invitations to more events, which are nice but no big deal and we often skip most of them. The Elite coupons are nothing but a joke.

1) I hardly consider "free laundry" a perk unless you plan on wearing the same clothes for a month on board.

2) See above for dry cleaning - what you talking about $10-15? That's not a perk, that's the cost of a drink.

3) Umm....I ask my steward:rolleyes:

You spend tens of thousands of dollars on cruising with them and you get less than $50 work of "perks" on board. It's all a joke. If they want true loyalty, all the lines need to do better than that.:p

Free laundry comes in handy. Princess also gives you a minimum of $75 internet access which is something I use.

Best perk for me has been 10% reduction on Galapagos Xpedition cruises,which I've now used a third time.

Oooo, that is a huge perk (one I didn't realize existed). I just priced those cruises and that could be a $1,500 or more perk per couple.

One existing perk that most people don't mention is the free custom air arrangements. For those who book their own air, it's not an issue, but we've had great luck getting direct flights on our favourite airlines and not paying extra. Our Celebrity air price is always less than what I could book it for on my own on my preferred airlines. That is a great perk, in my opinion.

As for the coupon book, they might as well not even bother. And Celebrity's habit of reducing perks each time a "new, improved" Captain's Club Program is promoted is annoying, to say the least.

Let's hope that a new, actually improved program will be released soon.

Oooo, that is a huge perk (one I didn't realize existed). I just priced those cruises and that could be a $1,500 or more perk per couple.

One existing perk that most people don't mention is the free custom air arrangements. For those who book their own air, it's not an issue, but we've had great luck getting direct flights on our favourite airlines and not paying extra. Our Celebrity air price is always less than what I could book it for on my own on my preferred airlines. That is a great perk, in my opinion.

As for the coupon book, they might as well not even bother. And Celebrity's habit of reducing perks each time a "new, improved" Captain's Club Program is promoted is annoying, to say the least.

Let's hope that a new, actually improved program will be released soon.

Ditto for me, I usually book our own air because I can beat the price & I have the flights & seats that I want. I wish with the economy & reading on anther board where an X cruise was cut short by a day for whatever reason that something is done to entice us to keep sailing on X.

Ditto for me, I usually book our own air because I can beat the price & I have the flights & seats that I want. I wish with the economy & reading on anther board where an X cruise was cut short by a day for whatever reason that something is done to entice us to keep sailing on X.

We prefer to fly from Toronto and the only cheap way to fly out of there would be to catch a ride on a Canada goose. :rolleyes:

Archived