Advantage of Aft facing BA cabin?

DaisyL

Thanks Suzy, We're in a BA aft cabin not a suite. So we'll just be the regular latitudes priority boarding (if there is such a thing in Miami as there is in NY).

I'll be sure to get back with a review after the cruise. We're celebrating our 30th anniversary so we're going as a couple only this time. We usually cruise with family or friends so this time will be extra special.

Thanks Suzy, We're in a BA aft cabin not a suite. So we'll just be the regular latitudes priority boarding (if there is such a thing in Miami as there is in NY).

I'll be sure to get back with a review after the cruise. We're celebrating our 30th anniversary so we're going as a couple only this time. We usually cruise with family or friends so this time will be extra special.

Happy Anniversary to you both! We are celebrating our 34th anniversary in June with our cruise to Alaska! We can't wait!

Have a wonderful cruise and, yes, give us a full report when you return! ;)

Daisy L.--I hate to add something negative but did want to mention a downside we experienced on RC Freedom of the Seas last year. We had a big suite - HUGE deck on the back of the ship and for the most part loved it...But one thing I had read about a little and happened to be a problem for us was the soot on the balcony. For the better part of the trip there was so much soot/ashes we could not sit on the deck furniture. We had a great butler who would come wipe it down but it would be covered again within a half hour. That was a bummer to walk out with your coffee in the AM and find you couldn't sit down. Or sit out there at night and not realize until the next morning when you look at the back of the pants you were wearing! Truly the views were to die for going in and out of port thoug. We did feel the movement of the ship way more than anoy other cruise, but it was a gentle rocking.

Anyway - I am sure you will love it but I just thought I mention the soot thing so you can watch for it! Has anyone else had this experience? Enjoy!

Thanks cruising7, I'll keep that in mind and maybe pack something just to wear out on the balcony. Has anyone experienced a soot problem on an aft balcony deck 8 cabin on the Jewel?

I'm curious also as to whether soot is a real problem or not for the aft balconies.

DH and I had our first AFT ever on the Gem, I didn't find the motion sickness to be different from anywhere else I have stayed on the ship (with the possible exception of dead center, which I find a slight improvement) and we usually stay about 3/4ths of the way towards the aft end of the ship. However, we did end up voluntarily vacating our room (at night) for an inside cabin b/c we could not sleep with the fairly intense vibration (and also some sound) coming from the bowling alley/club below. If you are a party 'til dawn type person, it may not matter to you, but if you like to sleep before 3am, do not stay directly above the bowling alley-- unless you are a champion sleeper. FWIW, my husband falls alseep extremely easily and even he was distracted by it.

Looks like you were on Deck 8, right?

If so, we'll avoid Deck 8. And Deck 11 (below the Great Outdoors) unless somebody say otherwise.

You are going to love it! And I am sure hubby will too! BTW, did you order the romance package? If not, take a look at it....I think it's a great deal and a real nice touch, especially since you are celebrating a special day!

Happy Anniversary to you both!!! :D

Looks like you were on Deck 8, right?

If so, we'll avoid Deck 8. And Deck 11 (below the Great Outdoors) unless somebody say otherwise.

these rooms on deck 11 aft are very noisy in the morning 5:30 to be exact. You could here all the chairs being moved around every morning. No soot though i did not find the balcanys very clean.

Balconies that face aft have little or no wind even when the ship is moving. The wake is calming. You can see both to port and starboard. On deck 10 of Jewel-class ships the balconies are much deeper.

yes try to get 10168 or 10668, the deck was large enough for two chairs two lounge and two tables and when you look up its sky, but dont walk out nude to far, the mini suites over you can look down into half

these rooms on deck 11 aft are very noisy in the morning 5:30 to be exact. You could here all the chairs being moved around every morning. No soot though i did not find the balcanys very clean.

Oh great.

I've got a mini-suite booked on deck 11 aft.

I had always wanted to try an aft cabin. Looks like I'm in for more than I bargained for.

You are going to love it! And I am sure hubby will too! BTW, did you order the romance package? If not, take a look at it....I think it's a great deal and a real nice touch, especially since you are celebrating a special day!

Happy Anniversary to you both!!! :D

I am sooo excited. Thanks Suzy, I think I will book the romance package.

Recently we sailed on NCL Dawn and had aft cabin 10230, BA catagory.

It was very quiet and had 1 lounger and 1 chair with lots of extra room.

Very little motion on our sailing and love the sound of the wake at night.

The view while sailing out of ports is great.

Oh great.

I've got a mini-suite booked on deck 11 aft.

I had always wanted to try an aft cabin. Looks like I'm in for more than I bargained for.

You're not alone. I just booked a HC aft mini on the Pearl today. I was excited until I read about the noise from the GC. Oh well, I'm a pretty heavy sleeper and if it does wake me up, it will get my body out of bed earlier. More time to enjoy the day! :D

CG

Recently we sailed on NCL Dawn and had aft cabin 10230, BA catagory.

It was very quiet and had 1 lounger and 1 chair with lots of extra room.

Very little motion on our sailing and love the sound of the wake at night.

The view while sailing out of ports is great.

Wonderful to hear! That will be our cabin in June!!!

Wonderful to hear! That will be our cabin in June!!!

We have 10230 and 10730 booked on the Dawn coming up in under 2 weeks! Can't wait.

I hope the lounger is still there, if not, I'll tip the steward extra and ask him to bring us some loungers for both balconies.

I hope the lounger is still there, if not, I'll tip the steward extra and ask him to bring us some loungers for both balconies.

Excellent, it sure would be nice to have 2 loungers, with luck yours will still be there waiting for me. :D

• 1 month later...
Having both sounds great! Be sure to come back and let me know if you had two loungers! :) Have a wonderful cruise!!

We had both 10230 and 10730 last month. They kept the divider open for us the entire crusie, which was great as it connected the rooms without having to go through the hallway. Each balcony had 1 lounger and 1 chair.

The balconies are awesome in size and the aft view is fantastic. They are by far my favorite cabins ever!

We had both 10230 and 10730 last month. They kept the divider open for us the entire crusie, which was great as it connected the rooms without having to go through the hallway. Each balcony had 1 lounger and 1 chair.

The balconies are awesome in size and the aft view is fantastic. They are by far my favorite cabins ever!

Sounds great, Preds. Did you ask if it was possible to have two loungers or did you just not find it necessary since you had two cabins? I will only have the one cabin and I don't want us fighting over the lounger. :o

I can't wait to see our cabin!!!!!!!

Sounds great, Preds. Did you ask if it was possible to have two loungers or did you just not find it necessary since you had two cabins? I will only have the one cabin and I don't want us fighting over the lounger. :o

I can't wait to see our cabin!!!!!!!

Sorry, never found the need to ask. If you have the same cabin stewards as we did, I'm sure it won't be a problem. Manuel and Vincent were excellant.

Having both sounds great! Be sure to come back and let me know if you had two loungers! :) Have a wonderful cruise!!

We'll have 3 people in 10730 (I think) so we'll see if they will get us a second lounger or two. We also have 2 in an obstructed OV so I know they will be hanging out on our aft decks too! When in June are you going? We'll be getting off (boo hiss) June 7th.

Archived