Celebrity Solstice vs RCL Oasis

cina54

Hi All, Doing some research for our 2010 Feb. cruise. We have done many cruises mostly RCL and have been pretty happy. My travel agent said that many of her passengers coming back from Solstice have given rave reviews. I know many of you go between a variety of lines. I would like an unbiased opinion from those of you that swing between both lines.

thanks so much,

cina54

Iv heard nothing but rave reviews about the soltice new ship, a few bugs to work out about this and that from the first sailings.

Im waiting to get my cabin #, a CC cabin to try out. It has the perks like cut flowers and you can order the fresh OJ free from the breakfast menu and a whole list of perks plus better balcony furniture. Oh yea a welcom bottle of champagne and snacks and a fruit bowl, cant remember the whole list. Sounds fun to me.

Aqua category, you get to eat in Blu which is supposed to be a neat lighter menu, also heard good things about this category. Suites get Blu on a first come first serve basis, Aqua gets first pickings.

Oh yea, Im also booked on Oasis. So, I didnt choose, unless you can say Im choosing both.

DH and I were on Solstice 12/7 and she is the most elegant ship I have ever been on. We have actually done more RCL cruises than Celebrity. We enjoy both lines for different reasons.

It comes down to what you want to experience. If you are really into a lot of activities and stimulation than RCL would be the one. If you are looking for more enrichment programs and dressing up a bit more than Solstice or any of the Celebrity ships would be great. This is just my opinion. They are definitely different products.

I agree with TwoTraveling if your traveling with kids than I would choose Oasis hands down. If not and you want a really elegant and upscale cruise with a more formal feel than Solstice.

I will be on Solstice tomorrow. ask me in two weeks. but the size is the bigger question. I am use to Sostice size ships the other is a flaoting city thati might go on. also the rave reviews are not about the MDR.

Archived