Changing flights through cruiseline

Ratdoggie

We just got our flight info for our March cruise from Princess, going to and from LA. The flight was booked as part of our crusie package.

At the end of the cruise, our ship arrives in LA at 7am, our flight home departs at 6pm and we arrive in Portland, Oregon after midnight. We have friends that booked the same cruise the day after we did. Their flight leaves at 1:38 and they arrive in Portland, Oregon at 6pm (same airline too). Our friends will arrive home about the time we are finally leaving LA!

First of all, I'm wondering how they scored such a good flight. Even going down to LA they leave at 10am and we leave at 6:20am but we only arrive 30 minutes earlier than they do in LA (we have a 2 hour layover).

Second, what are our chances of Princess changing our flights (this is during Spring break by the way)? I'm calling my TA tomorrow but am wondering if anyone knows what our success rate might be.

We just got our flight info for our March cruise from Princess, going to and from LA. The flight was booked as part of our crusie package.

At the end of the cruise, our ship arrives in LA at 7am, our flight home departs at 6pm and we arrive in Portland, Oregon after midnight. We have friends that booked the same cruise the day after we did. Their flight leaves at 1:38 and they arrive in Portland, Oregon at 6pm (same airline too). Our friends will arrive home about the time we are finally leaving LA!

First of all, I'm wondering how they scored such a good flight. Even going down to LA they leave at 10am and we leave at 6:20am but we only arrive 30 minutes earlier than they do in LA (we have a 2 hour layover).

Second, what are our chances of Princess changing our flights (this is during Spring break by the way)? I'm calling my TA tomorrow but am wondering if anyone knows what our success rate might be.

Your chances of changing your flights without huge upcharges are slim and none. Your flights are booked and paid for, just as if you had booked them yourselves. The airline will impose at a minimum the change fee (usually $100 or more). AND you will be subject to any additional airfare charges. IF the price has gone up since you booked, you will pay the difference.

Read the sticky at the top of this forum-Cruise Air and Air Deviation. It will explain how cruise air tickets are allocated by the cruise line and airline. Truly the luck of the draw. Your friends probably got the last of the "good" tickets.

What gets me is that I wanted to book the air on our own, but the TA warned us that it would be risky and talked us into going through the cruise line. Next time I'm going to book it on my own.

I don't use a TA and that's why. How would it be risky?

Agree, lose the TA and book on your own next time.

Archived