TA's- Quick question

I am getting ready to leave in a few weeks and I am a solo cruiser who booked through an internet site. A couple that I am friends with is also going on this cruise and invited me along, unfortunately my husband can not make it which is why I am going solo this time . My friends asked their travel agent whom they have used in the past and used this time to see if they could put us together at a table for dinner and the travel agent said it would cost them $150 for the paper work involved IF he could get it done.

Is this right.... I was under the impression that by them booking through the travel agent, he had earned their business and commission and it would be an easy phone call to make. Am I wrong? Im sure you TA's work very hard and I do think that you all deserve all the commission you make-especially off the hard to please clients. My friends are hardly high maintenance and never complain or have any problems. I just thought that the $150 seemed like a high price to pay for "paperwork".

Thanks all for your responses.

~Pugmommy

Time to get a new TA. And quickly! That's nothing more than a rip-off.

Go see the Maitre'd when you board and give him the details. Alternatively, you could link your reservation to your friends on RCI's website.

In either case, you should be able to get your needs met without any foolishness. That TA gets FIRED instantly if I were using them.

wow - that sure sounds wrong. Get the Res. # and do it yourself . Call RCI and have them do it. It only take one phone call. No paperwork involved. Sounds like the TA is a little miffed that they did not make your reservation. If you are a C&A call them to do it.

Time to get a new TA. And quickly! That's nothing more than a rip-off.

Go see the Maitre'd when you board and give him the details. Alternatively, you could link your reservation to your friends on RCI's website.

In either case, you should be able to get your needs met without any foolishness. That TA gets FIRED instantly if I were using them.

I agree with Darkwolfe on that. Call RCCL if you are booked direct and ask them to link your dining...

Get their res number. Ask you AT to link the reservations.

THEN have your friends call and lodge a complaint about the gouging those clowns at the other TA are trying to pull!

RCI does not tolerate folks scamming their customers so the information should be appreciated. Additionally ask you TA to contact their RCI rep and report that scam artist!!!

I am shocked that TA would have the nerve to charge $150 for something you can do free with an email or a phone call. What a creep!!

Email RCLDining@rccl.com, give them your ressie number, explain what you are requesting, and one of the coordinators will take care of you.

Geesh! I still can't get over that creep trying to steal $150 to do this!!!:eek:

You guys were all so sweet to respond and Im so glad that I was not the only one that thought this was a little crazy. Thanks for the e-mail pcur I will send them a quick note and I will call RCI with and talk with them as well.

Again, a sincere thanks to all of you.

~pugmommy

You guys were all so sweet to respond and Im so glad that I was not the only one that thought this was a little crazy. Thanks for the e-mail pcur I will send them a quick note and I will call RCI with and talk with them as well.

Again, a sincere thanks to all of you.

~pugmommy

I am a TA and please go tell that TA they are terrible and it is jerks like them that give the rest of us a bad name. If I could I would change it for you....for nothing. On the cruisematch system it is about 5 keystrokes or a 5 minute phone call.

i am blown away someone tried to rip you off like this! good luck and have a great trip with your friends

if the rcl dining doesnt work - go see the maitre d like above poster mentioned- someone somewhere will do their best to accomodate you

I am getting ready to leave in a few weeks and I am a solo cruiser who booked through an internet site. A couple that I am friends with is also going on this cruise and invited me along, unfortunately my husband can not make it which is why I am going solo this time . My friends asked their travel agent whom they have used in the past and used this time to see if they could put us together at a table for dinner and the travel agent said it would cost them $150 for the paper work involved IF he could get it done.

Is this right.... I was under the impression that by them booking through the travel agent, he had earned their business and commission and it would be an easy phone call to make. Am I wrong? Im sure you TA's work very hard and I do think that you all deserve all the commission you make-especially off the hard to please clients. My friends are hardly high maintenance and never complain or have any problems. I just thought that the $150 seemed like a high price to pay for "paperwork".

Thanks all for your responses.

~Pugmommy

In a word - crap. It is one phone call.

Archived