Sky suite questions

wannuhcruise

Ok, just a couple of questions now that we've upgraded from CC to a Sky Suite...

Can we still order off the CC room service breakfast menu?

The idea of a butler seems wonderful, but what sorts of things should we expect? I certainly don't want to be relying on this person all the time but would like to enjoy the opportunity of having a butler...except I think I'll do my own unpacking!

Oh, and does anyone know when the afternoon tea service is? I don't want to miss that on sea days!

I'm sure I'm forgetting something, but this is a start. I'm just looking forward to getting away and relaxing for a week!

Thanks!

We were in a sky suite on the Galaxy in April and it was great. We did our own unpacking and packing but I'm sure if we had of left it or asked our butler he would of done it, we got a free bottle of champagne, fresh fruit daily and afternoon tea was brought between 4pm and 4:30. If we weren't in the room when the butler was delivering the afternoon tea he would leave us some goodies in the room for when we came back. We could order from the main dinning room menu for room service, but I can't remember about breakfast...I think there were a few more choices than the regular room service menu. Of course you also get a carrying bag and little wallet thing for your ship board cards.

Wannacruise,

Good decision to take the SS for a girlfriend's cruise; if you're leaving the kids and your regular routine behind, it is a kick to be totally pampered. We did the same week cruise you're on in 2007 and doing the alternate itinerary in a few weeks.

Do you know you can search the Celebrity forum? Enter butler or Sky Suite after clicking "Search this forum" and you'll find answers to your questions offered by many different posters. Everyone has their own opinion on what's good, what they did or didn't use, etc. Personally we had the butler make us a cappuccino for tea-time, thought the hors-d'oeuvres which arrive about an hour later were nasty, so he made us a cheese tray instead (like we needed it:rolleyes:). Yes, you can order the full breakfast, but most SS are one flight of stairs away from the middle of the cafe. Also easy to just get a plate and return to your own balcony.

Have a great time. Century is a wonderful ship with excellent staff.

Sorry to reply to my own post, but my browser won't let me edit!

Anyway, one other question for now... Do we still get the complementary bottle of champagne in the sky suite? I'm looking forward to mimosas!

Yes, but it is cheap champagne.

wannahcruise

The important thing is to make sure your butler knows what you like. That way he can make sure that it happens for you. For example, I need to eat a lot of fruit and drink a lot of water. I make sure my butler knows the fruits I like and ask him to ensure that there is always a good supply of water in the suite. I then find that, for example, he will provide little treats such as a plate of peeled and sliced pears alongside breakfast, afternoon tea or canapes.

Having breakfast delivered to your suite is a great way to start the day and we found that our butler would deliver outside the stated times if we asked. The biggest problem is the silly forms you need to order it on if you and your partner have different orders!

Sue

The biggest problem is the silly forms you need to order it on if you and your partner have different orders!

The simple solution to that is to have your butler bring a bunch of extra forms and fill out one for each of you. We've never had a problem with ordering different things on one form--you specify the quantity of things you want. The only breakfast order form I'm familiar with is the Concierge Class form, the others may be different, but it wasn't a problem in CC.

Enjoy the suite life!

Our experience in a Sky Suite was that the butler would get us anything we wanted for breakfast including the waffles. They're not on any room service menu, but butlers have a way of making magic. Your butler will also get you espresso and cappuchino. I'm happy with a small pot of decaf coffee, so that's what I had every afternoon.

We did our own packing and unpacking, but I mentioned to the butler that I do not eat sweets when he came around on the first day with the tea cart. He brought me a cheese and cracker platter every day after that. As for the fruit platter, you can request any kind of fruit you prefer and as long as it's on the ship, it can be in your cabin.

The only problem with a Sky Suite and a butler is that you become spoiled very quickly. Now we have plans for Mercury for 1/10 and I had to take a SS again!

Thanks, everyone!

I know the champagne isn't the highest quality, but it will do for mimosas!

I like the idea of switching out the canapes for cheese/crackers and asking for a bit more fruit. I usually have coffee (mocha) every morning, so it will be nice to have cappuccinos brought in. I hope they're better than the horrible coffee I've read so much about!

Janet987 - we're all going to totally enjoy being pampered. The four of us really need it right now!

Archived