Anniversary package worth it?

starrian

I just called, ordered it, and got the confirmation. Very quick. The woman who took my reservation suggested "To Eric, Love Heather" for the card, and I agreed.

Just checked the confirmation email and the message is "Heather". :confused:

I had the same thing happen. My message said "Happy Anniversary Honey, Love, Susan" The confirmation just said "Love, Susan" I figured it was just a typo...well I guess we will see when we get there...I guess its no biggie.

Does anyone know if there are any other anniversary celebrations besides the $79 package? When I first booked our cruise, I mentioned to the TA that we were celebrating our anniversary onboard. She emailed back and said she added "an anniversary celebration" and that we would be getting a card in our stateroom that we needed to bring to the dining room of our choice.

Anyone know what we're getting? Is this a cake?

Yes, it's a cake...at least that was what the lady on the phone told me.

If I remember correctly, you must purchase this package two weeks before sailing. Am I right on this, guys?

Go for it!

We are just under 14 days till we cruise so I called yesterday and asked the rep to add the package. He said I had to go through my TA. Well, I used an online TA and they charge an extra $39 to add packages! I ended up finding the fax form and I hope NCL takes it. If not, oh well.

We are just under 14 days till we cruise so I called yesterday and asked the rep to add the package. He said I had to go through my TA. Well, I used an online TA and they charge an extra $39 to add packages! I ended up finding the fax form and I hope NCL takes it. If not, oh well.

That just makes me mad! :mad: I hate when I hear that folks called NCL and some lazy a** tells them that they have to book thru their TA. This is not true! I wonder why they have people like that working for them in customer service...it's shameful! :p

I just booked this package today for our cruise leaving February 1. I initially emailed eventcoordinator today and she provided a phone #. The rep I talked to on the phone booked the anniversary package without hesitation.

The # I was given was 1-800-327-7030

That just makes me mad! :mad: I hate when I hear that folks called NCL and some lazy a** tells them that they have to book thru their TA. This is not true! I wonder why they have people like that working for them in customer service...it's shameful! :p

So I called the toll free number and after I was on hold for about 10 minutes, the next rep told me the exact same thing...I cannot book extras through them and I had to go through my TA.

I asked if they even got my fax order. The rep said he couldn't access my cruise reservation and that I had to go through my TA. I told him that i found it ridiculous that no one at NCL could view my reservation and he stated that only a certain department could and they wouldn't do it.

DH & I do the anniversary package every cruise...we feel it is well worth it. As far as ordering it, I've ordered it myself thru our PCC every cruise except one. That one we booked thru an online TA, so when I went to order it on my own, I was told the TA had to do it...which I believe is common place...well that TA did book it (at no addl' cost to us) so all was good. ;) Any TA on CC that can confirm or deny this practice? :confused: It makes sense to me...

Neverthought

DH & I do the anniversary package every cruise...we feel it is well worth it. As far as ordering it, I've ordered it myself thru our PCC every cruise except one. That one we booked thru an online TA, so when I went to order it on my own, I was told the TA had to do it...which I believe is common place...well that TA did book it (at no addl' cost to us) so all was good. ;) Any TA on CC that can confirm or deny this practice? :confused: It makes sense to me...

Neverthought

I just booked our Anniversay package directly with NCL two days ago. No problem at all! My cruise was booked with an online TA.

Can you have the wine another night, though, or does it have to be at your Le Bistro dinner? Also, does it have to be Le Bistro or could you go to Cagneys or something else? Thanks.

Changing restaurants has been discussed a few times before and nobody has ever come back and said it was possible. General concesus is "no", but you can still ask when you get on board. The wine definitely accompanies the Bistro dinner and can not be had elsewhere (...unless you decide not to drink it at the Bistro and take it with you...)

I just booked our Anniversay package directly with NCL two days ago. No problem at all! My cruise was booked with an online TA.

I booked through a local travel agent in December, and called NCL myself 2 weeks ago to book the anniversary package.

I booked the package myself directlywith NCL back in 2007 even though I booked my cruise with a TA.

Changing restaurants has been discussed a few times before and nobody has ever come back and said it was possible. General concesus is "no", but you can still ask when you get on board. The wine definitely accompanies the Bistro dinner and can not be had elsewhere (...unless you decide not to drink it at the Bistro and take it with you...)

Oh, ok. Thanks for the info. Brett

So I've noticed.... And I forgot about the photo. I just may spring for it.:)

OK, so the sparkling wine that is in the cabin upon boarding, is, if I remember correctly, different than any that are on the wine list. I am sure that they get a "bulk" rate on it. Still, it was not at all bad and if you did have to purchase wine off the list, as the other posters noted, it would be $25-$28 anyway.

So, Sparkling Wine: $25

Choc. covered Strawberries $9approx.

Le Bistro dinner for two $40

(incl. cake and a song)

Bottle of wine with dinner

(upgrade to a better bottle if desired)$25

Cake and Champagne party $0

Canapes in room $9 approx.

Photo $10

____

Total $118

All for a low low $79 no tax, no tip......PRICELESS! ;)

Just got off the Dawn (yes I'm sooooo sad) and we had this package. It was wonderful and I would do it everytime I sail with NCL.

The champagne and strawberries were waiting in our cabin and we enjoyed them at sailway!

We chose LeBistro on the second sea day, we had the white wine and since they were out of the wine they "normally offer" they upgraded us to another white wine which was very nice.

We had so much to eat we asked that they send the cake to our room through room service later that night or the next day. They did and it was nice, white cake, frosted with coconut topping. We asked them to not sing when we were seated. They did sing to another couple.

We had the canapes delivered to the room one evening before diner, very nice.

We slept through the champagne and cake party ooops. We did receive a discount on photos since we did not attend. That was nice.

All in all a great package.

Go for it!

Jan

Now that makes me chuckle...obviously, it all depends on who you get when you call.;) Either way it is not a problem and well worth the cost. Plus it adds a nice touch to all our cruises. Happy cruisin' all:D

Neverthought

Just came back from NCL Star and celebrated our 25th wedding anniv. They welcome you with strawberries covered with chocolate and champagne. Canapes delivered to your room two days later. Then dinner at Le Bistro with choice of white or red wine (i'm sure the wine cost more than $10). After dinner they presented the cake with Happy Anniversary note and a group of waiters sang to us. Anniversary party at Star Bar on Friday before we embark where everyone celebrating gathered for the cake and champagne. They took pictures of the couple with the cake which you get for free at the photo place. After that we ate the cake a little socializing then off we go. For me it's worth the $79.00 and highly recommend. So enjoy and happy sailing!!!!.

Quick question...how can you book this? Do you have to fax the form in (there's a form for download on the website) or can it be done some other way?

I hate faxing...it's a pain in the butt. :p

You sure your putting the page in the right place? :eek: :D :eek: :D

sorry couldn't resist:rolleyes:

Omigosh, now all you cruisin' pros have gotten me so excited about this! I'm signing up for sure. It sounds neat. It will be a surprise for my sweetheart!

I ordered this for our cruise last week. LOVED IT! The get together was at 2:00pm in the afternoon but the champagne was flowing and the people you meet are worth the money. In my humble opinion it is one of the best deals on the boat.

The rule of "Happy wife Happy......" applies to cruises also.

Archived