Guarantee - have cabin #, now what?

Benji817

Hello all,

This may be a really ridiculous question (feel free to roll your eyes), but I've never done a Guarantee before, so I honestly don't know. :o I logged in last night and we have a cabin number in place of the "Guar" we always had before (yay!!). Is it safe to assume that's our number? Should I go ahead and put that on our luggage tags, or is it possible they could still shuffle us around at the last minute? We sail on Saturday, if that makes a difference.

Thanks for your help!!

• Administrators
Hello all,

This may be a really ridiculous question (feel free to roll your eyes), but I've never done a Guarantee before, so I honestly don't know. :o I logged in last night and we have a cabin number in place of the "Guar" we always had before (yay!!). Is it safe to assume that's our number? Should I go ahead and put that on our luggage tags, or is it possible they could still shuffle us around at the last minute? We sail on Saturday, if that makes a difference.

Thanks for your help!!

A change at the port could still happen, but if it does, take the sharpie out of your pocket (note, bring one!) and write the new number on the luggage tags!

Have a great cruise!

A change at the port could still happen, but if it does, take the sharpie out of your pocket (note, bring one!) and write the new number on the luggage tags!

Have a great cruise!

If it happens at the port -- when you check in -- you'll have already handed your luggage over to the porters. Don't worry about it ... just fill out you tags with your cabin numbers and put down you full name, as well. If you do get moved they'll get your bags to you (it may take a little longer, but it will happen).

Benj: We are on the same cruise and got our guarantee room a few days ago. How did you do on an upgrade? We went from a VE to V, so we are very happy. I am quite confident the room will stay the same. But if they want to upgrade us to a suite at the pier....boy, are we open!! In my dreams!! Check our roll call. We are trying to organize a meet and greet. Joan

Thanks for the advice! It sounds like it shouldn't be a big deal, so I'll stop worrying.. :)

We went from M to J. I guess that's not a very good upgrade? Inside to inside, but I really wasn't expecting anything, so it's all good. This will be my first time in an inside, and I'm trying not to freak out about it. My mom is sensitive to motion, so I'm hoping it will at least be beneficial to her. I've heard the J's are pretty good though, so we'll see.. staying positive!

I am so thankful at this point to be leaving the frigid Midwest and my work stress behind for 7 wonderful days! I also wasn't sure for a while if we could even go with my mom's heart problems, so I am counting my blessings that she is healthy now and we can spend some quality time together... :D

We went from M to J. I guess that's not a very good upgrade? Inside to inside, but I really wasn't expecting anything, so it's all good. This will be my first time in an inside, and I'm trying not to freak out about it. My mom is sensitive to motion, so I'm hoping it will at least be beneficial to her. I've heard the J's are pretty good though, so we'll see.. staying positive!

It all depends upon the location of that J. IF you have a J on Main Deck, you've hit the jackpot. What deck is your J on?

This will be my first time in an inside, and I'm trying not to freak out about it. My mom is sensitive to motion, so I'm hoping it will at least be beneficial to her. I've heard the J's are pretty good though, so we'll see.. staying positive!

quote]

I used to always get an outside in the beginning of my cruise days. Now to keep it on a budget and because I've done some exotic longer cruises I've been going with an inside. I honestly don't mind it. It's dark all the time so it makes it easier to sleep:D. Usually they are pretty quiet to. Rarely, the cruise line does upgrade me to an outside so I'm happy about that. I've never had a balcony so if I had don't know if an inside would still be ok if I'd experienced that.

Have an awesome cruise and think about us fools that live in the frozen tundra:eek::D.

Have a wonderful cruise, hope your cabin is great:) I also booked my first guar with HAL and the first thing I do every am is check the website to see if we have been assigned a cabin:eek: Still waiting:rolleyes:

Archived