Capri Pants OK on "Resort Casual" Nights?

rustybolts

The little woman is packing for our upcoming Century cruise. She is trying to decide just how informal "resort casual" is.

In the main dining room, is it acceptable for the ladies to wear capri pants in the main dining room on the non-formal nights?

How about to the alternative restaurant?

Inquiring minds want to know!

Rusty

I would not wear capri pants in Muranos, the specialty restaurant. Despite the fact that Muranos does follow the dress code of the main dining room, this restaurant is very special and capri pants would not be at all what a woman would want to wear to such an upscale dining venue.

Capri pants are fine in the MDR as long as it doesn't appear too casual and is paired with a nice top and not just a t-shirt.

I have to disagree with previous posters about Muranos and agree at the same time. I think capris are fine in Murano IF your outfit overall is dressy. I wore capris to Murano but I had a top that really dressed it up, wore high heels, and wore some "bling", if you catch my drift. So I don't think that these type of pants are necessarily inappropriate -- it depends on what else you are wearing.

(YOu will enjoy Murano's!)

Yes to Capris--

still not sure about the white designer jeans someone else inquired about..(only because one person in jeans may lead to others!) but definitely Capris are resort wear casual..

YES to capris.

I wore a pair of black silk shantung capris with white dressy top, heels, jewelry etc in the formal dining room and felt perfectly dressed. It's not the length of the pants that make them dressy....but the fabric and the whole put together look.

We ate there every night on our 5 nighter in Dec

Let me tell you, people came wearing ripped blue jeans and tee shirts

when I asked , the maitre'd said "things are bad, we are instructed to be more forgiving"

all they have to say is that their luggage is lost, even after the 3rd night, any excuse will give the staff the flexability to just ignore the dress code

mmm anything for $$$$ :eek:

I sure hope so because I plan on wearing mine in the MDR (except on formal night).

I would NEVER wear capris in the main dining room - EVER!!

But then, I'm a 5'10" 195 lb. guy with a full beard! So I stick with mid-length cocktail dresses... If I shaved the beard and kept the mustache capris would be OK... :D

During 11 day Med. cruise on the Century I wore and saw alot of very dressy capri pants being worn in MDR. As others have said it is about the whole outfit, fabric , shoes, jewelry. I never saw any jeans or t shirts on women or men in the MDR. I am beginning to think it all depends on which cruise you are on. Maybe the longer cruises with more of an international group of folks is different than a five day cruise in the Carribean in the winter. Anyway, relax and have a wonderful time. I loved the MDR and even the formal nights , felt totally glamous and pampered each evening.

Archived