Document delivery direct from HAL

Pettifogger

We always get our documents direct from HAL and we always have them at least 6+ weeks ahead.

I would advise calling them ASAP. You should have them by now IMO

If you booked your air with HAL, that sometimes makes for a delayed delivery but even still, I advise calling them.

We book through HAL, and we've received docs as early as 8 weeks, and as late as 3 weeks before sailing. The latter was when we arranged our flights through HAL. Won't make that mistake again, but it doesn't have anything to do with the delivery of the travel docs.

Go to the HAL website>Booked Guests>Planning and Advice... and track your documents. If you can't find that link on the site, just go to http://track.dhl-usa.com/TrackByRef.asp?nav=TrackByRef and plug in your booking number. That should let you know if the docs are on their way. If they aren't, call HAL since you are just 3 weeks from sailing.

Our docs for early Feb. arrived the end of Dec. They came by DHL.

Go to the HAL website>Booked Guests>Planning and Advice... and track your documents. If you can't find that link on the site, just go to http://track.dhl-usa.com/TrackByRef.asp?nav=TrackByRef and plug in your booking number. That should let you know if the docs are on their way. If they aren't, call HAL since you are just 3 weeks from sailing.

Our docs for early Feb. arrived the end of Dec. They came by DHL.

Won't work anymore I don't think.

DHL had severe financial conditions last year and stopped all domestic delivery service. I believe DHL only does international now.

One has to suppose, HAL is using FED EX, UPS or USPS.

Unless there are vouchers for hotel, or transfers included in your documents, you probably can do without them.

Complete the on-line check-in form, and print out the boarding pass.

You can obtain baggage tags from the porters when you arrive at the pier; just fill in your names and cabin numbers at that point.

You can review the shore excursions on-line, and even book up to ten days before you sail.

You can review the "Know Before You Go" info on the HAL website.

Our documents did arrive by DHL two weeks ago. That is still the tracking site shown on the HAL website. The tracking site worked for me.

Your signature doesn't give your location? Are you by chance in Canada? That would make it International. Just before Christmas, we heard DHL was stopping domestic deliveries and was only doing international.

We'll know for sure, soon. We'll be getting our Eurodam docs. :D

No, we live in Arizona. I tracked the documents on the DHL site and the package said DHL. I did not actually see the DHL truck, so it is possible the actual delivery was by UPS. At least at that time, 15 days ago, DHL didn't have their US domestic service completely shut down yet for companies with accounts.

The important part was the arrival of our docs in the beautiful blue envelope!!!!!

Has anyone received their documents direct from HAL, rather than through a TA, less than three weeks before their sailing? If so , how close to the sailing was it?
I would hope HAL wouldn't send the documents directly to me, bypassing my travel agent, because it is her job to check those documents first to make sure everything is in order.

Many passengers wouldn't catch a subtle error in the documents, nor would they realize that a minor error, such as a misspelled name, could cause big problems at the pier. That's why it's important to have the TA check them first, because she knows what to look for.

Of course, if you use a HAL personal vacation planner as your travel agent, then presumably she checked the documents before HAL sent them to you. If not, then she isn't doing her job.

Blue skies ...

--rita

Has anyone received their documents direct from HAL, rather than through a TA, less than three weeks before their sailing? If so , how close to the sailing was it?

My first HAL cruise was a short coastal that I booked less than a month before departure. I booked it on a Wednesday, and by the following Wednesday I had a sticker from DHL on my door.

As far as I know, you'll only get your docs direct from HAL if you book directly through them. If you book through a TA, they will receive your documents and then deliver them to you.

Archived