Wine in the dining room

m2d1

Here's a suggestion. Wine is available by the glass from a bar server who serve the dining room. Sometimes that takes quite some time since they're getting alcoholic drinks for several people at the same time. So, when I'm not ordering a bottle, I try to stop at one of the bars and carry my glass of wine from the bar into the diningroom.

You could do like me and take your own!!:p I have 3 bottles wrapped in bubble wrap in my carry on right now just waiting for the dining room lol...hey, 8 day cruise...3 bottles lol, we are on vacation after all!!!! Usually the waiter will only charge me ONE wine corkage fee for the entire cruise!

Cheryl

We always buy the bottle, it is cheaper and even if you have only a glass your waiter will cork your bottle and bring it out the next night. As other posts have stated, you may also byow aboard. French wines in the caribbean are excellent buys 50% cheaper then U.S.

Hi,

We always take our own wine. I tip our waiter a few bucks the first night and never get charged a corking fee. The wines on board are quite over priced. Just bubble wrap it and stick it in your carryon or checked luggage. We took a bottle each night for the four of us.

As someone who drinks a lot of wine.......do you know where a glass of wine is NOT $5 to $7. In virtually any restaurant I have ever eaten, a glass of wine that costs between $5 - $7 sounds like it's the "house special". Not defending Carnival or their drink prices but having looked at their wine lists the prices are fair. The secret is to bring your own. Then you get to drink what YOU like.

"Life is too short to drink bad wine"

"Friends Don't Let Friends Drink White Zinfandel"

Happy crusin:)

Frank

Try taking "box of wine" with you. There are quite a few available and they are pretty good and much easier to pack. I buy a bottle the first night and make sure I leave a little and take it back to room and refill for next night.

for real? just fair waring, put on your flame suite...

for real? just fair waring, put on your flame suite...

my mom did this on all our cruises. She took a wine glass and filled it before dinner...if she wanted more--one of the kids ran back to the cabin for a refill.

Archived