Star Cabin #9236

suzyed

Does anyone have pictures of Cabin 9236 on the Star?

When I booked my cabin at an online site, I chose a particular cabin, then when I went on the NCL web site to check my reservation, a different cabin was assigned. I am just trying to figure out if I want to make an issue of it or just keep the one they assigned. Can anyone help?

Does anyone have pictures of Cabin 9236 on the Star?

When I booked my cabin at an online site, I chose a particular cabin, then when I went on the NCL web site to check my reservation, a different cabin was assigned. I am just trying to figure out if I want to make an issue of it or just keep the one they assigned. Can anyone help?

I dont know what cabin you had signed up for but you have a great aft cabin and its a penthouse that comes with all the perks. These cabins most always get snapped up first. You also have two levels of cabins above you so y'll have no noise. Y'll able to listen to the sounds of the wake and even sleep with balcony door open as we did in Nov 19 day S.A cruise it was fantastic.

I would say alot depends on which cabin you thought you had booked, but we have been in suite 9232 twice on the Star and LOVED it. You just really can't beat being Aft.

I am sure it will be great...we had an aft suite last year...8172. This time I booked 8170 which is aft, but has the wrap around balcony.

I think I will call and see what happened.

When are you crusing on the Star. We have booked 9236 for a March, 2009 cruise to the Mex REv... bob pic

We are going in June. Crazy thing..when I went back to the NCL site, they had the correct cabin (8170) listed as ours. So now I am happy! :D

My concern with the other cabin is that the balcony is smaller than the one I booked. I guess the cabin itself is 1 sq. ft bigger.

Have fun on your sailing!

I am sure it will be great...we had an aft suite last year...8172. This time I booked 8170 which is aft, but has the wrap around balcony.

I think I will call and see what happened.

FINALLY! Someone who knows something about the vicinity of my cabin. I am booked in 8176 and from what I've read and researched it seems to be a GREAT LOCATION. Do you concur / recollect?

The wrap around balconies are longer, but the middle balconies are deeper, or at least that is what I have been told. As far as that wrap around part, just be aware that there is only room to stand in that area, not actual sit. It is great for taking pics, etc. We especially loved that part of the balcony on our Alaskan itinenary.

The wrap around balconies are longer, but the middle balconies are deeper, or at least that is what I have been told. As far as that wrap around part, just be aware that there is only room to stand in that area, not actual sit. It is great for taking pics, etc. We especially loved that part of the balcony on our Alaskan itinenary.

Right! I know, and I thought it would be great for taking pictures too! Someone had pics of the cabin and the wraparound deck on these boards (was that you?) Anyway, I really appreciated being able to see it. Do you remember what the "furniture" is on that deck? We had two loungers and a small table on 8172, is it the same on 8170?

Thanks so much!

FINALLY! Someone who knows something about the vicinity of my cabin. I am booked in 8176 and from what I've read and researched it seems to be a GREAT LOCATION. Do you concur / recollect?

Last year we had the cabin right next door to your cabin-8172. We loved the aft cabin! The views from the back of the ship are wonderful. Some folks complain about the "wake noise", but we left the sliding door ajar and loved the sound of the wake..it lulled us to sleep! ;)

Also, when you sit on your balcony, at certain times of the day, you can smell the bread baking in the bakery below! :D

When are you sailing?

Have a wonderful cruise!

What cabin did you book that you did not get?

I actually did end up with the one I booked, which is 8170 on the Star. I booked through an online agency, and then when I went to NCL to check my reservation, it had a different room number. When I checked it again, it was all straightened out. ;)

Last year we had the cabin right next door to your cabin-8172. We loved the aft cabin! The views from the back of the ship are wonderful. Some folks complain about the "wake noise", but we left the sliding door ajar and loved the sound of the wake..it lulled us to sleep! ;)

Also, when you sit on your balcony, at certain times of the day, you can smell the bread baking in the bakery below! :D

When are you sailing?

Have a wonderful cruise!

THANK YOU! Oh, I can smell the bread already! I am so glad that you are able to tell me a little about our location. We are sailing June 20th. Our anniversary!!! Someone mentioned the wake noise previously. I'm not exactly sure what that is, but I'm sure that DH and I will be so euphoric it won't even matter.

We have not been on the Star yet (next January), but understood the wrap around aft balconies on deck 8 had been closed off, but were still open on deck 9. Our understanding came from recent photos of the stern someone posted, ship diagrams and knowing from personal knowledge that they closed off the wrap around on the Star's sister ship, the Dawn. Does anyone know from recent first hand experience in these cabins on the Star if they are indeed still open as wraparound? If our understanding is correct does anyone know if they are planning to be close the wrap around on deck 9?

We have not been on the Star yet (next January), but understood the wrap around aft balconies on deck 8 had been closed off, but were still open on deck 9. Our understanding came from recent photos of the stern someone posted, ship diagrams and knowing from personal knowledge that they closed off the wrap around on the Star's sister ship, the Dawn. Does anyone know from recent first hand experience in these cabins on the Star if they are indeed still open as wraparound? If our understanding is correct does anyone know if they are planning to be close the wrap around on deck 9?

Wonder why they would close them? I can't think of any good reason they would....anyone know?

THANK YOU! Oh, I can smell the bread already! I am so glad that you are able to tell me a little about our location. We are sailing June 20th. Our anniversary!!! Someone mentioned the wake noise previously. I'm not exactly sure what that is, but I'm sure that DH and I will be so euphoric it won't even matter.

The wake noise is the noise created from the water churning because of the propellers. We find it to be very soothing. Also, when in port, be sure and look straight down from your balcony.. You might get to see a lot of sea life. We have seen some amazing things. On our trip to the Mex Riv, we were sitting out on the balcony one day on the way down to Mexico and my partner, Doug said.. "OH MY GOD... did you see that?".. of course I didn't .. but just as I was about to ask him what he saw, a HUGE Marlin jumped out of the wake created by the ship. It was an amazing thing to see. We have also seen dolphin and seals and at GSC we saw a HUGE.. and I do mean HUGE shark feeding on the bottom of the sea floor directly below our balcony. We tried to get video of it, but he blended in so well with the coral right there you could not see him very well on video.

I do not know when that supposedly happened, but I can tell you as of last May/June the wrap around was still open on decks 8 and 9 but have always, as far as I know, been closed on deck ten. On the Dawn all decks wrap arounds have been closed off. I would love to know why myself.

Lord, I hope not. I would be sorely disappointed to find out that we've been RELOCATED :mad:. I've been looking forward to my cabin for months now and I haven't heard anything from NCL or TA regarding transition. If they wait til the last minute to notify me, they'd better have one of those Garden Villas waiting for me. :D

I do not know when that supposedly happened, but I can tell you as of last May/June the wrap around was still open on decks 8 and 9 but have always, as far as I know, been closed on deck ten. On the Dawn all decks wrap arounds have been closed off. I would love to know why myself.

The Dawn has never had the wrap-around balconies open. That's been one big difference between the Star and the Dawn. But you are correct that they have always been closed off on deck 10 on the Star.

Archived