Mercury Cabins Question

ocbeachbums

We last sailed on the Mercury in 2006 and she was starting to show her age. We are looking at the cruises that leave from Baltimore. Great for us because the port is only 40 minutes away. Somewhere I read that the Mercury underwent a recent rehab that spruced up the cabins and public rooms. I've checked many of the posted CC reviews and can't get a handle on what shape the ship is really in. Can anyone back recently from a cruise on Mercury help me - I know we've been forever spoiled because of our recent Solstice cruise and her cabins! Thanks

:)Ann

We last sailed on the Mercury in 2006 and she was starting to show her age. We are looking at the cruises that leave from Baltimore. Great for us because the port is only 40 minutes away. Somewhere I read that the Mercury underwent a recent rehab that spruced up the cabins and public rooms. I've checked many of the posted CC reviews and can't get a handle on what shape the ship is really in. Can anyone back recently from a cruise on Mercury help me - I know we've been forever spoiled because of our recent Solstice cruise and her cabins! Thanks

:)Ann

The total refit was done in 2007, you can never expect a ship to look like a new ship after a couple months in service. Celebrity does a real good job though to have the ships clean and in good state of upkeep!

There some pic's from a web side I had found from ater dry dock!

http://www.*****.com/journals/savvy_ship_visits/2008/celebrity_mercury_pacific_northwest_408

They did let some of the furniture go way too long. That is still incredible to me. Replacing a few lounge chairs does not require dry dock. We are getting excited about what is likely to be our last trip on Mercury. It is our favorite ship, of all the ships that we've had the pleasure to sail on. We live in San Diego and we enjoy sailing fom here. Celebrity has all but abandoned the West Coast.

We were on board in November and we'll be back in March. We think the Mercury has the best crew on the seas. It will be our fifith cruise on the Mercury and I'm sure you will find people on the boards that make us look like rookies.

I sailed her in October and that she looked great for her age. The beds were extremely comfortable and the theater was beautiful as were the dining rooms.

The only thing that stood out to me was the inlay wood floors in the elevators. They are chipped and warn but it didn't reflect on my cruise experience.

She has a cozy feel and I will be sailing her for the 3rd time this year.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi There,

We were aboard Mercury in September. We cruised from Vancouver. We enjoyed her so much that we are headed back on her in June. She is older, thats true, so the floor in the elevators is worn, there are some windows here and there that could use replacing but that's the extent of her 'lack'.

I really enjoyed being on her and look forward to the next time.

P

Hi Anne, I was also on Mercury back in September and had another

wonderful cruise:)

I will be sailing her out of Baltimore too:D. It will be my

first time visiting up that way! Have too many months

to wait though:eek: December is a long ways off!

When are you going?

Oh, you won't find her anything like Solstice.

Mercury is only 77,000 tons and only has one dining room;)

I love her though.....the crew and staff are awesome!:)

I agree with LoisR, there is more than just the condition of the ship, there is the crew, service and food all of which we found first class. When we were last aboard the Mercury, Aug '08, we found here condition to be very good and we would sail on her again in a heartbeat.

Archived