Inside Cabin -- Lido Deck

kimscruisin

Can anyone tell me if there is a lot of motion on an inside cabin located on the Lido Deck? The location is around the elevators, not the first set leading into the cabins but the next elevators. We have always stayed on Upper and Empress Decks. We also have booked balconies in the past, just can't justify the extra $600 for this cruise. Do you think we will be disappointed?

Assuming we are discussing a Conquest class ship or one of the permutations, we have stayed in an inside one deck higher once. We thought this was a fantastic location for an inside as we had convenient access to outside deck space, sort of a poor man's balcony. The cabin seemed to move remarkably along with the ship. :)

We had a cabin furthest forward on the Lido last year. There was a bit more motion than you'd get lower or further towards the middle of the ship, but I actually liked it! It was nice just walking out to the lido, rather than climbing numerous sets of stairs.

Re: balcony vs inside. If you are used to sitting on your own balcony a lot doing "whatever" or having the door open at night, you may not be as happy with an inside. We've done both, but we usually do an inside cabin since on the two cruises that we had a balcony, we really didn't use it. personally I'll save that $600 and cruise again sooner!

• 4 months later...
We have an inside Lido deck on Destiny (room 9181) and was curious about the same thing. So far I have read a lot of positive things about these rooms!

I have just booked this room for an August Cruise; any feedback or evaluation would be welcome. It should be convenient to go from the pool to the room. Not sure of the noise level; I think the Bridge is above (or below).

1 st time on this ship, should be exciting!:)

I stayed in the Lido deck, 9208, and yes, it is a bit more motion on the higher floors, IMO, but at night, it was like the ship rocked us to sleep. Very peaceful and calming; and a little extra rocking motion for... well, you get the picture!:D

I booked an inside Lido on the Conquest in August. We are balcony lovers, but we are also cruise lovers - so, here is my solution to doing 2 cruises a year. Alternate. Get a balcony - next cruise, go inside, but get as close as you can to the pool or to an outside deck. On the cruises where we are inside, I tend to go out and mingle more. When I have my balcony, I am kind of a cruise hermit! So, alternating between cabin types works for me. When I spoke to my PVP for the upcoming Conquest cruise, he highly recommended the inside Lido cabin, he assured me that we would love it. He did warn me against the 4Gs on the Lido, as they are really close to the pool and he said that alot of people walked by those cabins from the elevators on their way to the pool - he recommended a 4F, which is a little farther, but quieter, in his opinion. I will let you all know when we come back.

Had 9227 last month on valor and loved the location (inside cabin but close to outside area). We did not find motion any different but we like the motion so hard to say. Actually I found there was not enough motion on this past cruise - seas were too calm for my liking. It was the perfect location for coffee in the morning and watching the movie at the seaside theatre at night.

We had an inside in Sept on the Victory to NE/Can and felt no different than any other deck we have had. Loved the convenience of being on that deck!!!! Even though it was COLD for that trip.:o

We had 4G 9292 on Liberty last year, this year we took the same cabin on the Freedom. We loved being able to walk right on to the deck. Loved those blue rockers right outside our door. Very quiet and a quick walk for that late night pizza. You will have a great time being on that deck. Enjoy I know we will!:)

Our group of nine cruisers all stayed on the Lido this past April on the Valor. We were in cabins 9244, 9248, 9252, and 9260. Everyone in our group agreeed that this was an awesome location! We felt a little bit of motion---but it's a moving ship! You will feel some motion wherever you are!! One of the great things about staying on this deck was the fact that you don't have to catch an elevator to get to the 'action'. Everything is located on this deck.

We found this deck to be so great, we have cabins booked on Lido for our next cruise on the Victory!

• 1 month later...
Can anyone tell me if there is a lot of motion on an inside cabin located on the Lido Deck? The location is around the elevators, not the first set leading into the cabins but the next elevators. We have always stayed on Upper and Empress Decks. We also have booked balconies in the past, just can't justify the extra $600 for this cruise. Do you think we will be disappointed?

Kimscruisin-

You will love Lido level cabin. We had Lido Balcony in February and the seas were so bad there were 15-18 foot waves sustained and 35 mph winds sustained for over 24hrs. On a 7 days cruise we were only off the ship for 8 hours. We weren't allowed to dock anywhere because it was too rough for the piers. So back to Lido we definitely felt movement, but that was a horrible storm and it wasnt enough movement to make you sick it was just noticeable. It definitely wasnt enough to disuade us from Lido because we have inside Lido booked again and only an inside because it is an itinerary with no sea days and no sense wasting the money. You will love being so close to everything. We especially love going back to your own restroom when you are out on lido and not "sharing" the public ones.

• 7 years later...
We had Lido 9235 & 9239 last year on Valor. Great location, didn't notice any more motion there than anywhere else. No noise issues. I love Lido.

I have those exact two rooms booked on the Glory for April 2017. Is 9239 large enough to accommodate 4? (one is just 2 years old)

We've stayed in inside, Lido mid ship, near the elevators on the Miracle, Glory, Fascination and the Dream. Never had a problem. We've had Scenic Ocean Views, very front, on the Lido and was fine. Pretty much depends on the weather, rough waters and winds. And then your pretty much rough anywhere you stay. IMHO.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 1 month later...