Will RCLDining know if I have a TA?

esbie11

I asked my TA several days ago to check into switching us to MTD if she can for our upcoming Explorer cruise. I have yet to hear back from her. Since some of you have been successful just emailing RCLdining directly, I am considering doing this. If I email them with our name, reservation number, etc, will they know that I am working with a TA and therefore refer me back to her? Or, will they not even check into whether or not I have a TA and just say yay or nay to MTD? Having a TA has been nothing short of a PITA.

When your reservation number is entered, it will automatically advise that the booking belongs to your TA.

If yo uhav enot made final payment yet, a threat or two, kind or nasty, depending on the relationship might spur your TA into responding

You can sign up for yourself, even if you have a TA, when you fill out the info needed for your SetSail pass on line. Of course you need your booking number, ship name and sail date. There are places for you to shop for shore excursions on line, pre-reserve specialty restaurants, and select your dining preference if MTD is it. Click on "before you board".

esbie11, you and I must have the same travel agency! The closer I get to sailing, the more ellusive he becomes. When I need his mistakes fixed, RCCL always refers me back to the TA that doesn't seem to give a hoot and takes his sweet time. It's so frustrating going thru a middle man for things that RCCL could easily handle by just calling them directly. That is why my next cruise is booked with RCCL and not a TA. I learned my lesson.

esbie11, you and I must have the same travel agency! The closer I get to sailing, the more ellusive he becomes. When I need his mistakes fixed, RCCL always refers me back to the TA that doesn't seem to give a hoot and takes his sweet time. It's so frustrating going thru a middle man for things that RCCL could easily handle by just calling them directly. That is why my next cruise is booked with RCCL and not a TA. I learned my lesson.

When you use a TA you relinquish your reservation and give up control over it. The #1 reason to NEVER use a TA.

My TA was unable to get anywhere on the phone with RCCL. I emailed and received confirmation today that I have been confirmed for MTD on the Explorer in March. Someone else was told they had to sign up once they were on board in April.

Other than the month difference, I prepaid my tips before sending the email and told them in the email that I had paid my tips.

The other person mentioned in their email that they preferred to pay their tips using their sea pass account.

This could be the difference.

It doesn't hurt to try. You will need to get your TA to prepay the tips though.

If the whole MTD wasn't such a mess right now I would trust her to take care of it for me. But with RCI telling people that you can't do it, or it has to be done on the ship, I would rather just email them myself since people have had success with that. So it isn't as easy as just checking the dining preference box on my reservation page. The whole TA is driving me nuts because every question I ask her, she forwards on to her "group" person, who then contacts RCI or the hotel or whoever, who then tells the group person, who tells my TA who tells me. The whole process is so ridiculous. I have previously booked directly with RCI and will again in the future. I only used a TA this time because we were booking a large group and I thought it would be easier. Boy was I wrong!!!

I know that this has been asked before so please excuse my being a pita...but could someone please post the email address for dining requests?

Thanks so much! We sail in March and I am just hearing that even though we have three linked ressie's there is no guarantee that we will all be put together at the same table. My son (18) and my mom are in one room and my two daughters are in the other (17 & 14) and my hubby and I are in the next room. It would be terrible if we were all separated! :eek:

We booked thru a TA too so now I am really worried. I did request early seating at a large table for every room and the ressie's are linked. I had no idea I could do more...

Thanks you again!

janet

I know that this has been asked before so please excuse my being a pita...but could someone please post the email address for dining requests?

Thanks so much! We sail in March and I am just hearing that even though we have three linked ressie's there is no guarantee that we will all be put together at the same table. My son (18) and my mom are in one room and my two daughters are in the other (17 & 14) and my hubby and I are in the next room. It would be terrible if we were all separated! :eek:

We booked thru a TA too so now I am really worried. I did request early seating at a large table for every room and the ressie's are linked. I had no idea I could do more...

Thanks you again!

janet

RCLDining@rccl.com

You should be fine, but you are right, it is always good to check. I would check when you get on board as well just to make sure.

A bunch of us who are booked with different agencies want to sit together. I emailed RCI dining last night, and will give it a couple of days before I follow up. There's a person assigned to each ship, and he or she could be out of the office for one reason or another.

Or they may be getting caught up from over the long weekend. I emailed Saturday morning. I heard back at 9:45 yesterday morning and the time stamps on the emails showed that it had been forwarded and handled in less than 15 minutes. :D

If the whole MTD wasn't such a mess right now I would trust her to take care of it for me. But with RCI telling people that you can't do it, or it has to be done on the ship, I would rather just email them myself since people have had success with that. So it isn't as easy as just checking the dining preference box on my reservation page. The whole TA is driving me nuts because every question I ask her, she forwards on to her "group" person, who then contacts RCI or the hotel or whoever, who then tells the group person, who tells my TA who tells me. The whole process is so ridiculous. I have previously booked directly with RCI and will again in the future. I only used a TA this time because we were booking a large group and I thought it would be easier. Boy was I wrong!!!

I have been using the same TA since 2004 and she is awesome. She taked care of everything for me, but she could not get my MTD no matter how hard she tried. When I forwarded my email to her, she responded and apologized that she couldn't get it done and said how frustrating the whole process is.

If you haven't sent the email yet, go for it!

After a couple of these experiences with TA's it is why we always book directly with RCCI now., :D

Archived