S-Class Cabin Information Compilation - PLEASE - DO NOT POST CABIN QUESTIONS HERE!!!

Mysticks1

Deck - 11

Cabin # - 1627

Class – Aqua

Starboard or Port Side - Port

Bed near?(balcony or bath) –Bath

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Very quiet under normal conditions, but when the seas were a bit rough there was some creaking noise. Other guests were talking about it the next morning too.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Good view. No obstructions

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal

Was wind a problem? No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? N/A

Any specific problems with this cabin? On our cruise the crew was having problems with main computer system running the entertainment / tv system in all the rooms. The music never got fixed, but they seemed to work very hard and apologized many times.

Any other comments? Very happy with the entire experience!

This information is NOT Correct for the Solstice the Bed in the cabin is NOT near the Bath it is next to the balcony doors.

100_0853.jpg.9d6d74e46d98a8b4ead62340f97f44de.jpg

Deck -

Cabin # - 1606

Class – Aqua

Starboard or Port Side - Starboard

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – Bath

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Very quiet; did not hear anything from adjoining cabins or hall way. Only issue with noise was the night of the deck party when you could hear the beat of the music and what sounded like banging on the ceiling that lasted until around midnight. Also some early morning sounds from moving chairs on the pool deck. You could hear music from the band on the pool deck during the day if you were sitting on the balcony. The balcony also has lots of white noise from the machinery located just above the balcony's ceiling.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. –

Great view out, down and forward. Support poles were not a problem.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Oversize - very large.

Was wind a problem? I don't understand prior comments that there was no wind. It was windy on the balcony while at sea with a constant breeze coming under the dividers between the balconies. Not as much wind as on an open deck, but some days it was too windy to sit out comfortably and despite the large balcony there was no place to sit where there was no wind.

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem?

Any specific problems with this cabin? Overall a great cabin.

Any other comments? It is almost always possible to find shade on the balcony becuase of the overhang except during times of the day when the sun is rising/setting on the starboard side of the ship. At those times the balcony has complete sun.

Here is the newly updated spreadsheet, current through the previous post.

A couple of requests:

PLEASE, include ship name in your posting.

Let me know if you find any errors

Email me at the address below if you would like an Excel version of the spreadsheet.

this is a great document. thank you for tour effort of corralling us all and for putting the information into what is becoming quite a comprehensive document.

john

A couple of requests:

Email me at the address below if you would like an Excel version of the spreadsheet.

Librarylady, thanks for your huge efforts in putting together such a helpful document. For those considering an aft cabin on the Solstice, here is a link to a pic of the back of the ship complete with cabin numbers. Verandah sizes do vary!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1241609&highlight=bob278

Solstice

Deck - 8

Cabin # - 8259

Class – 1A

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – bath

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Very quiet. Connecting cabin, but connection is through the exterior hallway.

Balcony View - The first cabin on the bump - so a nice view if you lean out and look forward. Good sized balcony with two loungers and a decent table (big enough for a meal). We got a lot of sun on our recent Eastern Caribbean cruise.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal

Was wind a problem? No wind.

Any specific problems with this cabin? None

Any other comments? Fantastic location - right off the elevator lobby with an automatic glass door connecting to the elevator lobby. In spite of being close to the elevator lobby, we heard no music or sounds from any parties in the Centrum.

Ship- Solstice

Deck - Penthouse 11

Cabin # - 1606

Class – AQ

Bed near?(balcony or bath) –Bath

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – I heard deck chairs being put away after late night party. Music during day makes it way down to balcony. Noise from people walking above.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Great veiw and plenty of room to move chairs and ottomans for better views.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Oversized!

Was wind a problem? No we had winds up to 25 mph with no issues what so ever.

Any specific problems with this cabin? Fridge didn't work at all. Was replaced about 3 days into cruise. Worked fine after replacement.

Any other comments? We were on our honeymoon so time spent in the cabin may have been more than normal. The noise from above was not bad enough to keep me from falling to sleep on the balcony chair. I would book this cabin again with no hesitation.

With many looking for information on specific cabins on Solstice I thought it might be good to have a form of sorts for everyone to post basic information on each cabin that is easily read and searchable.

Hopefully if future cruisers will cooperate we can eventually obtain information on most every cabin and possibly get it as a sticky. Below is the information that I have noticed many wanting to know about the cabins. Please add any pertinant information that I might have missed. I will add a post after this one with just the questions that you can "Reply To" and add your information without copying and editing this first post. I hope to eventually get the basic info in a table and will try to post that periodically within the thread.

Please name your post with the title "Cabin # xxxx" so that those searching for information on a specific cabin can locate those easier with the search this forum option by using the cabin number that they need info on.

After the questions please add any comments concerning location - close to elevators, far from specific venues, etc. Also, post links to your photos of specific cabins or attach photos to the post.

Deck - PENTHOUSE

Cabin # - 1545

Class – AQUACLASS

Starboard or Port Side - STARBOARD

Bed near?(balcony or bath) –NEAR BALCONY

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – YES

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – CLEAR VIEW, YOU CAN SEE THE CAPT. ON THE BRIDGE. NICE OVERHANG.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - NORMAL

Was wind a problem? NO, SOME SUN LATE AFTERNOON, NICE

Any specific problems with this cabin? Next to housekeeping closet but you don't notice it.

Any other comments? Great location near elevators, just beneath AquaSpa, Aqua Spa cafe and adult only pool. Relaxation room is just down the hall. Closet is small, but we had plenty of hangers, cubby space under the safe fit 8 pairs of shoes (ladies sz 7 1/2). Cabinet above the bed was perfect for hubbies shoes and smaller bags.

- snip -

After the questions please add any comments concerning location - close to elevators, far from specific venues, etc. Also, post links to your photos of specific cabins or attach photos to the post.

Deck - PENTHOUSE

Cabin # - 1545

Class – AQUACLASS

Starboard or Port Side - STARBOARD

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – CLEAR VIEW, YOU CAN SEE THE CAPT. ON THE BRIDGE. NICE OVERHANG.

Any specific problems with this cabin? Next to housekeeping closet but you don't notice it.

Any other comments? Great location near elevators, just beneath AquaSpa, Aqua Spa cafe and adult only pool. Relaxation room is just down the hall. Closet is small, but we had plenty of hangers, cubby space under the safe fit 8 pairs of shoes (ladies sz 7 1/2). Cabinet above the bed was perfect for hubbies shoes and smaller bags.

what ship?

Deck - PENTHOUSE (11)

Cabin # - 1504

Class – AQUACLASS

Starboard or Port Side - PORT

Bed near?(balcony or bath) –NEAR BATH

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Mostly quiet. You can definitely hear people slamming their weights on the floor upstairs at the gym during the day. The noise subsides by 10 pm

Any specific problems with this cabin? You do feel the motion of the ship more than the middle staterooms, but it was not bad at all (coming from a person who gets sick just watching a movie :) )

Any other comments? The good thing about this cabin is that is almost the last in the hallway so you do not hear people walking or talking when in the hallway.

SHIP - Eclipse

Deck - SKY

Cabin # - 1277

Class – Concierge C3

except for steward upstairs banging on the floor at 7.30 am

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – CLEAR VIEW,

Was wind a problem? NO

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? n/a

Any specific problems with this cabin? no

Any other comments? Good location. Just along from library. Liked the reclining chairs and footstools on balcony. Would choose this cabin again.

Deck #6, cabin #6305, sky suite

Starboard or port - aft/port corner side

bed near - balcony

wind problem - no

soot problem - some, but cleaned regularly. did not interfere with our use of balcony

specific problems - none

comments - great room, plenty of space, great bathroom, having a butler was a plus

A couple of requests:

Hi LibraryLady,

First, as always, a huge THANK YOU for all you do to keep track of all this information.

Second, I just read a new Eclipse Member Review with some important cabin information re noise. This is not in the preferred format, but these changes in the S-class layout above AQ should be noted:

Aquaclass. Beware cabins 1502 to 1518

Having cruised Aquaclass on the Solstice in January we booked a similar cabin on the Eclipse.

What we didn't realise was that the Spa reception had been moved to the middle of the ship and the Gym treadmills were now directly over our cabin.

From 6am to 11pm when the gym was open we had loud pounding noises which totally spoilt the Aquaclass experience.

We complained to guest relations who at first weren't interested and offered a free specialty meal !! so we persisted and insisted the Guest Relations Manager visited the room and heard the noise first hand.

Apparently the free weights had already been moved after previous cruises and complaints.

No cabins were available to move to as the ship was full until Barcelona when we were offered a standard balcony under the Ocean View Cafe in the shade which would have had just as much noise.

The next night a staff member decided to use the gym at 12.30 am so I went upstairs through the side entrance opposite our room and explained in a firm way that I was trying to sleep and that she was ruining my nights sleep...she offered to move further along to which I replied "over some other poor customers cabin"...very thoughtful!!.

An email was then issued to the staff who have their own gym telling that not to use the customer gym at night.

We were eventually offered 30% discount but as Elite members and regular Celebrity cruisers this did spoil what otherwise would have been an excellent holiday as we met some great people.

Food and service was excellent however entertainment was average.

If you book Aquaclass avoid these cabins and book the odd numbers under the spa treatment rooms which should be quieter.

Deck - PENTHOUSE (11)

Cabin # - 1504

Class – AQUACLASS

Starboard or Port Side - PORT

Bed near?(balcony or bath) –NEAR BATH

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Mostly quiet. You can definitely hear people slamming their weights on the floor upstairs at the gym during the day. The noise subsides by 10 pm

Any specific problems with this cabin? You do feel the motion of the ship more than the middle staterooms, but it was not bad at all (coming from a person who gets sick just watching a movie :) )

Any other comments? The good thing about this cabin is that is almost the last in the hallway so you do not hear people walking or talking when in the hallway.

This was on Celebrity Solstice!

Hi LibraryLady,

First, as always, a huge THANK YOU for all you do to keep track of all this information.

Second, I just read a new Eclipse Member Review with some important cabin information re noise. This is not in the preferred format, but these changes in the S-class layout above AQ should be noted:

Aquaclass. ECLIPSE Beware cabins 1502 to 1518

snip

this is too bad, but good information; so eclipse sailors can avoid the problem. thank you

john

Deck - 12 Solstice

Cabin # - 1609

Class – Royal Suite

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – Na

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Very quiet. Some noise from pool deck during day. Quiet at night

Balcony View - Great

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Oversize - very large. 2 person jetted tub on balcony

Was wind a problem? NA

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? Na

Any specific problems with this cabin? None a lovely suite

Any other comments?

Edited by mustlovecruising

Eclipse

Cebin 6131

Class 2B

Port

Bed - near bath

Quiet Cabin - Not really, you do hear anything going on in the Theatre, rehearsing, shows etc. never anything past midnight or before 9.00 a.m. though on our trip

Balcony - could not see down to the water - large white metal overhang runs out from balcony for a couple of feet was a big disappointment to hubby who loves his sail-aways and could not see anything.

Balcony size - Normal

Windy - on occasions it was very windy but I think all cabins would have been affected not just this one.

Not aft

No specific problems other than mentioned above - great room stewards

Usual problems with these cabins, no storage space. We preferred the bed near bath arrangement seemed to be able to get to the tiny wardrobe a bit more easily. However, you cannot get to your clothes very easily because of sliding doors - I don't know who these 5 women were who designed these cabins but certainly storage was at the bottom of their list or priorities!!!!!!

Edited by Lyn Mc

Deck - 12 Solstice

Cabin # - 2135 – Sky Suite

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – bath

More than enough storage in drawers and in closet.

Quiet Cabin

Balcony View - Great, would choose port side again for this itinerary.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? -Typical skysuite size. It is completely shaded.

Was wind a problem? NA

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? NA

Any specific problems with this cabin? None. It was a lovely suite with a great butler. Love that cappuchino!

You can go to "Last Page" of the sticky and work backward until you find the latest posting of the spreadsheet. I have included the link here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showp...postcount=1000

Oh I must have been looking at an incomplete list when I was booking (and when i posted my room review), because 1504 was not there.

I would say there is a little bit more noise in 1504 than the OP noted in their comments , but its not annoying by any means. If you are in the room during the day you definitely hear the weight slamming to the floor. The weight station is not directly above the room , in fact the room is directly under the balcony of the gym so no foot traffic , but the noise of the weights carries through. I would think the odd numbers rooms hear it more.

Edited by purplethorn

Deck - Penthouse

Cabin # - 1042

Class – AQ

Bed near? – Door

Quiet Cabin – Mostly, except for staff door opposite which opened and closed a lot the first day (luggage delivery). No noise from above at all.

Balcony View - No obstructions

Balcony Size? Normal

Was wind a problem? no

Any other comments? Close to staircase that goes directly into spa. Close to AQ relaxation room.

1042 is not Penthouse. Must mean 1542.

Deck - 11

Cabin # - 1560

Class – Aquaclass

Starboard or Port Side - starboard

Bed near?(balcony or bath) –balcony

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) cabin was quiet but we could hear the shower runnin next door.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. The view was unobstructed. There is a large roof (overhang) which provides sun and wind shade.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? smallish but adequate. Glass front balcony. Two reclining chairs with foot rest and small round table

Was wind a problem? not a problem but we could hear some whistling if the door was not completely closed.

Any specific problems with this cabin? Cabin is near elevators and close to the secret stairway that takes you up to the AquaSpa relaxation areas. It is a long walk to the restaurants which are all aft

Any other comments? Cabin is small but has lots of storage especially in the bathroom (best I've seen). Plenty of good quality hangers.