Westerdam, here we come!

jrzebird

My DBF and I finally booked the Westerdam Western Caribbean sailing from March 8 - 15th! I'm really excited.

The roll call is very empty, and those who have signed up are very quiet. So if anyone else will be joining us, please stop over to the roll call and check in. Let's make this cruise extra special! :D

Please leave the ship in good condition. We're getting on March 15 after you get off. It's our first HAL cruise in a few years. Our first and only cruise on a HAL ship was in December 2005 for a Christmas cruise on the Maasdam.

We've never been to Curacao or Aruba before. On our cruise, those are the only two ports other than Half Moon Cay. We have been on a couple of Western Caribbean cruises with itineraries that included some of your ports. We loved swimming with the sting rays in Grand Cayman. We went with Captain Marvin independently of the cruise line. When we were in Costa Maya, we relaxed on the ship. It was an overcast and cool day the day we were there. We haven't been to Grand Turk. It's amazing that after several Caribbean cruises that there are more islands still to go to.

Thanks everyone for you input. Although I've been on the Noordam a couple of times, I feel like I'm going into an entirely new area, since I've never been to any of the ports, and we've never left from Ft. Lauderdale. I sure do wish that HAL would go back to New York (actually, they are in 2010, but not soon enough for me!).

Now, the long wait for cabin assignment.

Archived