Can I change my cruise date after I paid deposit?

suzyed

I booked an Alaska cruise for June 6th and I am considering changing it to June 13. I already made a deposit to an online travel agent, who will charge me $39 to change. Will NCL also charge me to change? Full payment has not been made yet, just a deposit. :confused:

I booked an Alaska cruise for June 6th and I am considering changing it to June 13. I already made a deposit to an online travel agent, who will charge me $39 to change. Will NCL also charge me to change? Full payment has not been made yet, just a deposit. :confused:

If I was charged $ 39 from TA everytime I had to change a date ,or cabin or anything I personally wouldn't use that TA anymore. Maybe you are getting a great deal and or an OBC from them ,so I guess then it would be worth it.

If I was charged $ 39 from TA everytime I had to change a date ,or cabin or anything I personally wouldn't use that TA anymore. Maybe you are getting a great deal and or an OBC from them ,so I guess then it would be worth it.

Right! The original booking price was $600 less (for two)than what NCL and other TA's were charging...and I got $600 OBC. So I guess the $39 is not a big price to pay. ;)

I just wish I could find out who the concierge is for the week we are sailing as well as the next week...that is reason we may change the sailing date.

You can change the date but if the price is different than the original booking you might have to pay more or less. I wanted to change one of my dates up 2 weeks but prices had gone up from when I booked and so I was told I would need to pay the additional cost. :eek: I just left the date alone.

Right! The original booking price was $600 less (for two)than what NCL and other TA's were charging...and I got $600 OBC. So I guess the $39 is not a big price to pay. ;)

I just wish I could find out who the concierge is for the week we are sailing as well as the next week...that is reason we may change the sailing date.

Forget about the $39 it is the least of your risks. You will pay the current rate today for the next week and that my erase the $600 savings. You will also give up your current OBC and only able to take advantage of what OBC promotions in place today. In fact what you are doing is canceling the first cruise and booking a new one transferring your deposit.

Forget about the $39 it is the least of your risks. You will pay the current rate today for the next week and that my erase the $600 savings. You will also give up your current OBC and only able to take advantage of what OBC promotions in place today. In fact what you are doing is canceling the first cruise and booking a new one transferring your deposit.

I hear ya! The current promotions are still the same as what I got. I am also aware that the rate for the next week is $100/pp higher.

Are we crazy? We loved the concierge, Simone, so much, we want to sail with her again. We heard that she may not be on the Star again until the 13th of June(the week after our booked cruise)...so thats why we may want to change. Yeah, I guess we are nuts..:rolleyes::p

Archived