eastern or southern

cruisenuts4life

Have cruised to all (except St. Kitts) and would do them all again. Favorite spots were Bonaire & Antigua for me. Do you prefer more/fewer days at sea--maybe would help decide.

Or maybe southern this year, eastern next year? That's how we decided.

ENJOY--whichever you choose.

I do like the sea days but both have the same amount at sea. My sister went to Aruba and didnt like it. I have heard that Aruba is better on the other side rather than where the ship docks.What is best to do in Aruba?

Thanks, Diane

Go to the beach!! I was not overly impressed with Aruba & I want to get to St. Kitts for sure. I also like the newer ships, maybe that will help?

Jan

Both itineraries have great islands. I really liked Grenada and Bonaire. I enjoy beaches and snorkeling. I was not impressed with St. Kitts. It may have been the day we were there weather wise, but the water was not as pretty as some of the other islands.

Dominica and Grenada are nice, but I think I would prefer to see St. Kitts, Barbados, St.Lucia and Antigua.

If you visit Grenada, maybe you too can get a monkey on your back

Monkeys

Yes, it is a wild monkey that came out of the jungle and jumped on my shoulder. :eek:

Dominica and Grenada are nice, but I think I would prefer to see St. Kitts, Barbados, St.Lucia and Antigua.

If you visit Grenada, maybe you too can get a monkey on your back

Monkeys

Yes, it is a wild monkey that came out of the jungle and jumped on my shoulder. :eek:

Get out!! That's awesome & what a great picture!!!:D

To the op,

We couldn't decide (well I couldn't decide .. it was my choice) between Eastern or Southern for our next cruise. I ended up choosing the Eastern again. Infact, the itineray on my upcoming voyage is exactly the same as my last one except we visit St. Kitts instead of Tortola & we leave from FLL instead of SJ. . Longer ports times on this one which is a bonus. What can I say...I absolutley LOVE Barbados!!

You can't go wrong with either of your choices. Good luck and let us know what you decide!

We will be doing the southern route on the CB in 3 DAYS! I'll try to post a review ASAP when we get back to give you a good idea of what to expect from the southern route, if you can wait that long! My theory though - I doubt that you can go wrong with either. What helped me decide was to look at different excursions available for each cruise & if there's more that interest you on one cruise than the other, go for it. The best way to relax about the decision is to say "I'll do this one now & that one later". Then you have the excitement of looking forward to seeing them all!

Good luck!

Get out!! That's awesome & what a great picture!!!:D

To the op,

We couldn't decide (well I couldn't decide .. it was my choice) between Eastern or Southern for our next cruise. I ended up choosing the Eastern again. Infact, the itineray on my upcoming voyage is exactly the same as my last one except we visit St. Kitts instead of Tortola & we leave from FLL instead of SJ. . Longer ports times on this one which is a bonus. What can I say...I absolutley LOVE Barbados!!

You can't go wrong with either of your choices. Good luck and let us know what you decide!

why not find a trip that does both together and the monkey,very cute but, my sister in law in Bali,indonesia had a monkey crawn on her sholder and the fingernails cut her scalp so bad she needed stitches and the monkey took my eyeglasses off me and climbed a tree and twisted them.Got them back by throwing small bags of peanuts and the monkey dropped my glasses,pretty twisted,but i brought 3 spares!!!:eek::eek:

We sailed on Crown last March the southern route--San Juan, Grenada, St. Kitts, Aruba, Bonaire & St. Thomas. Have been to St. Thomas a few times and still love it. There's lots to see and do in St. Thomas--great shopping, fantastic beaches & good restaurants. Grenada is good for buying vanilla, spices, etc. Walk to shops in town. The city tour is interesting. St. Kitts has beautiful beaches and a nice town area. Watch out for the people carrying monkies--they charge to have pix taken. Aruba has good snorkeling and pretty beaches--inland is very desertlike. There's a city bus terminal near dock that will take you anywhere very, very cheap--like $1. Bonaire is supposed to have the best snorkeling in the Caribbean, but the day we were there the weather was bad :mad:. Happy sailing!!

If you haven't been to any of the islands, it sounds like either should work as all the islnads have something special to offer.

someone said they didn't care for Aruba, I think it has the clearest water and the neatest little town of all the Caribbean Islands but we are not crazy over StLucia, it is a personal thing that happened while there. We love Domica for its beauty and divesity and Barbados has so much to offer and see. We haven't done Bonaire, have heard wonderful things about it, espcecially for snorkelers.

You can see it doesn't make any difference which you choose, you will have a wonderful time.

Nita

We went on the Southern 2 years ago. It docked in St. Thomas, St. Kitts, Grenada, Bonaire and Aruba. We did not like Grenada. The people were pushy on the island. We were only off the ship for 1 hour and went back on. Maybe a tour would have been better.

Bonaire had great snorkeling. It is a pretty island.

St. Kitts was very nice. We went into the port shopping area and then the beach. People were very nice.

We loved Aruba. The water is so blue you can't believe your eyes. The sand on the beach is like sugar. We went back for a week, last year, and had a great time.

We are going on an Eastern Carribbean in March. We have never been to St. Maarten or Turks & Caicos. Looking forward to it!

Good luck with your choice. No matter what, it will be fun.

We loved Aruba. The water is so blue you can't believe your eyes. The sand on the beach is like sugar. We went back for a week, last year, and had a great time.

This is one of those examples of how two people can go to the same place and come away with a completely different impression. When I went to Aruba, the water was murky and cold and visibility was awful. Because of my experience, I don't have any desire to go back. It's probably a fine place most of the time, too. Wild.

I loved St. Lucia--did the Cosol tour of the island and the beach we stopped at in view of the Pitons was amazing. Also, did our own thing on Barbados and went to Crane Beach/Crane Hotel, amazing pink beach and nobody there from the ship. I loved those 2 stops. I'm now booked to go the Aruba, Bonaire, Grenada route in April!

I've not been to Bonaire or Grenada, but I've had positive insights about them otherwise. Bonaire is considered one of the world's best diving destinations, with very possibly THE best beach diving (off the beach rather than boat) in the world. I knew a guy who was raised in Grenada and related great stories.

All those islands are great in their own ways. Barbados is DW's fav. Personally, I know Antigua the best (spent time there ashore). Aruba is the place I'm most ambivalent about - too arid for me; but its the tops for many (super horseback riding available in Arawak Park to the natural pool)

Among those places, Titou Gorge on Dominica has a particular 'must go again' draw...

Either cruise is a fantastic itinerary; enjoy!

Watch out for the people carrying monkies--they charge to have pix taken. Happy sailing!!

In St Kitts the other week they would put the monkey on you head, let you take a few pictures & then tell you the charge was $10. I don't know how many people actually paid the price. :p

http://inlinethumb40.webshots.com/31079/2126231420103243266S600x600Q85.jpg

http://inlinethumb22.webshots.com/42261/2163052350103243266S600x600Q85.jpg

In St Kitts the other week they would put the monkey on you head, let you take a few pictures & then tell you the charge was $10. I don't know how many people actually paid the price. :p

http://inlinethumb40.webshots.com/31079/2126231420103243266S600x600Q85.jpg

http://inlinethumb22.webshots.com/42261/2163052350103243266S600x600Q85.jpg

awww. little poor monkey's. Reminds me of the guy in St. Thomas (downtown) who has his donkey all decked out in oversized sunglasses, a hat and some rasta hair. Its awful and breaks my heart. :(

Archived