Spring Break Dates

They might consider choosing a longer sailing period (10 days?) or consider Celebrity (not marketed aggressively to families or young adults).

Yes i agree with the above, and also choosing a higher priced cruise. Most college students would not be able to afford it. I think the majority of students choose all inclusive resorts where their drinks are included. they tend to go to cancun, jamaica and acapulco. I wouldnt worry too much about the springbreakers on a cruise.

Our public schools here (elem & high school) are off April 3-12. Some of the private schools have off the week after (Easter is the 12th). Most of the colleges around the DC area have off in March sometime.

Lots of Fl public schools are off this same week.

I wouldn't worry about college kids as much...think RCCL gets much more family for spring break with young kids....it's quite evident by almost all quad balcony categories selling out during this time. The college kids go where it's cheaper so they have more drinking money....and with Carnival having plenty of 7 nighters starting in the $500's my bet is thats where you'll find them.

Also NYC public schools are off the following week starting on the 11th of April.

I wouldnt worry too much about the springbreakers on a cruise.

Lots of Fl public schools are off this same week.

I wouldn't worry about college kids as much...think RCCL gets much more family for spring break with young kids....it's quite evident by almost all quad balcony categories selling out during this time. The college kids go where it's cheaper so they have more drinking money....and with Carnival having plenty of 7 nighters starting in the $500's my bet is thats where you'll find them.

On the contrary...Spring breaker's flock to cruise ships and they most definitely cruise on RCCL. We took my DD and her BF on a cruise for their college SB in 2007 on RCCL, and I would say that the ship was probably 75% college kids. It was a 4nt Bahamas cruise. It was CRAZY! Boy those FSU kids really know how to party! I saw things on that cruise that should never be seen in public!:eek: Quite an eye opener into what goes on when parents aren't around. I'm glad I was there to chaperone my DD (she was 21 at the time).

The kids take the cruises because they can get great group rates and they bunk 4 to a cabin. I don't think it matters whether it's Carnival or RCCL.

I think the best bet is, as someone else mentioned, HAL or Celebrity to avoid SB crowds.

On the contrary...Spring breaker's flock to cruise ships and they most definitely cruise on RCCL. We took my DD and her BF on a cruise for their college SB in 2007 on RCCL, and I would say that the ship was probably 75% college kids. It was a 4nt Bahamas cruise. It was CRAZY! Boy those FSU kids really know how to party! I saw things on that cruise that should never be seen in public!:eek: Quite an eye opener into what goes on when parents aren't around. I'm glad I was there to chaperone my DD (she was 21 at the time).

The kids take the cruises because they can get great group rates and they bunk 4 to a cabin. I don't think it matters whether it's Carnival or RCCL.

I think the best bet is, as someone else mentioned, HAL or Celebrity to avoid SB crowds.

EXACTLY....it was a short 4night cheapy....don't think you are getting that anywhere as much on a 7 night freedom class ship where the prices are much higher. Stick with the longer cruises and higher priced cruises and you will be best during these times of the year....I would NEVER think to do a 3 or 4 night during spring break and expect it to be anything other than party city.

Here in MI the high school spring breaks are the first full week of April. The college Spring Breaks are either the first full week of March or the second week of March, depending on the school. I think you will find that as long as you don't sail Carnival, the high school spring break times are worse than the college spring breaks because of the large number of families. I believe fewer and fewer college students will be cruising or vacationing at all because of the economy. And we aren't all that bad! I am a graduate student and my husband and I are very well behaved! We actually prefer to sail with older people! :D:D

I have cruised both RCL and Carnival during Spring break. The worst was the college kids on RCL. The parents are paying for the cruise not the kids in most cases. Unlike the younger kids, many are traveling without parents and doing things I am sure is not permitted somewhere on this green earth:D My Carnival experience was a lot better than on RCL. Maybe some families objected to the college kids being around their younger kids. From my experience, I would not wish to be around college kids during Spring break, on either ship.

Archived