Kids cruising in March?

CKDoodle

Hi!

My husband and I are cruising 3/15/09 on the Crown with our three children and several other couples. We chose that week because our oldest daugter has spring break from college. Our other two are 15 and 13. We took them in 2007 in June and there were lots of kids on the ship. In MA the younger kids have a week off in Feb and another in April. Do schools in other parts of the country have time off in March? I'm hoping there are plenty of other kids for them to hang out with that week!

only 7 weeks left to wait and I'm starting to obsess:D

Thanks in advance!

Carrie

Hi!

My husband and I are cruising 3/15/09 on the Crown with our three children and several other couples. We chose that week because our oldest daugter has spring break from college. Our other two are 15 and 13. We took them in 2007 in June and there were lots of kids on the ship. In MA the younger kids have a week off in Feb and another in April. Do schools in other parts of the country have time off in March? I'm hoping there are plenty of other kids for them to hang out with that week!

Thanks in advance!

Carrie

No worrys, March and April you will find lots and lots of kids of all ages onboard. ;) Schools around the country have spring break at different times, so both those months will have lots of families onboard.

No worrys, March and April you will find lots and lots of kids of all ages onboard. ;) Schools around the country have spring break at different times, so both those months will have lots of families onboard.

You're quick:p Thanks so much...I was envisioning two bored boys:eek:

Hi!

Thanks in advance!

Carrie

As far as kids cruising in March......this is our 3rd year taking a "spring break" cruise and it has always been at the end of march. Although we have always cruised on RCCL so I can only speak for them but there are always LOTS of kids on board for my kids to hang out with! Actually we are cruising with other families this year and there are a total of 8 kids so far and my sister is calling tomorrow and may book with her friend which will add an additional 6 kids!! Too bad you aren't cruisin' with us!! I'm sure there would be someone they could hang with!! :)

When we travel with our grandchildren I always call Princess and ask how many children will be aboard. They have always given me a number and further a breakdown of the various age groups.

Wow! I didn't know I could get that info. Thanks!!

As far as kids cruising in March......this is our 3rd year taking a "spring break" cruise and it has always been at the end of march. Although we have always cruised on RCCL so I can only speak for them but there are always LOTS of kids on board for my kids to hang out with! Actually we are cruising with other families this year and there are a total of 8 kids so far and my sister is calling tomorrow and may book with her friend which will add an additional 6 kids!! Too bad you aren't cruisin' with us!! I'm sure there would be someone they could hang with!! :)

Sounds like you are going to have quite a group! Have a great cruise!:D

Sounds like you are going to have quite a group! Have a great cruise!:D

thanks!! Yes we have gotten quite the group together this year! 2 of the families that are going each have boys that are friends with both of my sons so then I had to allow my daughter to bring along a friend!! I guess the more the merrier! :)

The Los Angeles Unified School District (second largest in country) always has spring break the week leading up to Easter. I've noticed that many of the Catholic schools around here take the following week off.

Colleges have been staggering their spring breaks over four or five weeks, usually in March/April.

Our family will be joining you on the Crown. I have a 15 year old daughter and 11 year old son. We cruised over Spring Break 2 years ago at a simliar time and there were lots of kids on board. Princess does a great job with kids of all ages. Hope to see you a board!

The Russells

Archived