Debarkation Day - How long can we stay?

TLA

Our return flight out of FLL is late enough that we can't get to the airport early but early enough that we don't need to spend the day sightseeing.

Does anyone know at what time they will kick all of the debarking passengers off the ship?

Thanks!

Personal experience - last March we stayed till 10am in our room - then front desk called and told us to leave NOW. If we are not the last ones to leave we're one of the few last ones since when we went to collect our luggage there're only a few pieces left.:eek:

Passengers can stay in their cabins until they are ready to leave the ship.

The ship needs to be cleared by 9:30 - 10 in order for the stewards to really start to complete their final cleaning of the rooms.

The ship needs to get to ZERO COUNT before anyone can get onto the ship -- AND this includes Intransit passengers. -- We have sat in the cruise terminal a couple of times for 2 hours waiting for the final passengers to get off the ship!!

Add to this question, can you stay in your cabin until disembarkation time?

Yes, you may stay in your cabin til your appointed disembark time.

Generally, on disembark day, we have an early and leisurely breakfast, then go back to our cabin and gather up our stuff and either enjoy the outer decks or wait in a public area. We try to let our steward know when we're outta there, so he can get a headstart on at least our cabin. The stewards have so very much to do on turnaround day, it's just our little thing we do to help out our steward.

Does anyone know of a hotel where we could pay a fee to use the facilities? We wouldn't need a room - just a place to hang out, maybe by a pool with a beverage. I have been to hotels where you can pay to use the spa and that includes access to the hotel grounds (and spa showers!).

Thanks again!

Guess that I'm not the only one wondering what I'm going to do between debarking and 5:10 p.m., which is the earliest I can check in for our 8:10 p.m. flight. I have this vision of wandering around Ft. Lauderdale, trying to lug our luggage. As much as I hate to do it, I believe we're going to have to rent a car for those hours.

Our return flight out of FLL is late enough that we can't get to the airport early but early enough that we don't need to spend the day sightseeing.

Does anyone know at what time they will kick all of the debarking passengers off the ship?

Thanks!

Anyone tried staying an extra 7-10 days? ;)

Guess that I'm not the only one wondering what I'm going to do between debarking and 5:10 p.m., which is the earliest I can check in for our 8:10 p.m. flight. I have this vision of wandering around Ft. Lauderdale, trying to lug our luggage. As much as I hate to do it, I believe we're going to have to rent a car for those hours.

You may be able to use the Signature Express Baggage Service - it lets you get your airline boarding passes and your luggage is taken from the ship to the plane. So you don't have to drag it around :)

Nice to remember when it is the day you are to leave that there are those folks who are waiting to board and are just as anxious to get aboard as you were when it was your embarkation day.

In -transit guests have to sit in the terminal until all guests leave and it seems inconsiderate to linger around on the ship when you know others want to get on with their vacation. Sadly, yours is over at that point and it's inconsiderate IMO to delay leaving when your color/number has been called.

Just courtesy IMO

You may be able to use the Signature Express Baggage Service - it lets you get your airline boarding passes and your luggage is taken from the ship to the plane. So you don't have to drag it around :)
I doubt the OP is gonna be able to use this for an 8:00 p.m. flight, though. There's a lot of restrictions with that service. In fact, for some reason I was denied for it on my last cruise, though my airline was one of the listed airlines qualifying for it. When I questioned it at the front desk after I got the note that I was denied, they told me that it is not HAL denying me, but rather the airline, and that it could be for a variety of reasons ... and they are not shared with HAL. So, she had no idea ... they were just informed that I was denied.

I do agree with you, though ... if the OP was able to use this service it would resolve most of their problems. They could just wander around seeing the sights and whatnot and then head to the airport at their leisure.

Another option I am thinking of too ... HAL usually offers tours in the debarkation city if you have later flights. You go on a bus, with your luggage ... do the tour ... and then the bus takes you to the airport. This would be a great option too since the OP wouldn't arrive at the airport until around 3:00 p.m. ... not that long a wait before they could check in for their flight.

Blue skies ...

--rita

Nice to remember when it is the day you are to leave that there are those folks who are waiting to board and are just as anxious to get aboard as you were when it was your embarkation day.

In -transit guests have to sit in the terminal until all guests leave and it seems inconsiderate to linger around on the ship when you know others want to get on with their vacation. Sadly, yours is over at that point and it's inconsiderate IMO to delay leaving when your color/number has been called.

Just courtesy IMO

Wow, thanks for the "cruise etiquette" lesson, but no one was asking if we should stay on as long as possible until kicked off. We were just asking how long we could stay on the ship.

Often the ship offers a post-cruise city tour - which may

be an option for you. Your luggage goes on the bus

with you. Then you are delivered to the airport - where

you could probably find a nice restaurant and/or bar to hang out.

Believe you can check in your luggage about 3 hours prior to

your flight.

Another option is booking a "day room" near the airport ...

Wow, thanks for the "cruise etiquette" lesson, but no one was asking if we should stay on as long as possible until kicked off. We were just asking how long we could stay on the ship.

Actually, that IS what I asked! My bad. However, I didn't mean to imply that we would stay on after everyone was supposed to be off. Sorry....

U posted to learn what is the acceptable behaviour so it is obvious to me u are concerned with doing the correct thing and u have helped inform others by posting this question also!!

I believe 'Sail7Seas' was attempting to deliver a well deserved verbal 'rebuke' to Sodomojo, who stayed on the ship until 10 am and was not addressing u directly.

'Sail' is, IMO anyway, one of the most, not only well informed & experienced of posters on CC (KrazyKruiser also springs to mind and several others), who most obligingly shares lots of most helpful info but also, is one of the most courteous...!

Hope u have a great cruise!

If the HAL tour option is not suitable for you how about going to the airport and leave your luggage at the public baggage storage facility. There is one at each terminal, not sure about the opening hours and cost. After dropping your bags you are free to visit the Fort Lauderdale and/or the local area.

U posted to learn what is the acceptable behaviour so it is obvious to me u are concerned with doing the correct thing and u have helped inform others by posting this question also!!

I believe 'Sail7Seas' was attempting to deliver a well deserved verbal 'rebuke' to Sodomojo, who stayed on the ship until 10 am and was not addressing u directly.

'Sail' is, IMO anyway, one of the most, not only well informed & experienced of posters on CC (KrazyKruiser also springs to mind and several others), who most obligingly shares lots of most helpful info but also, is one of the most courteous...!

Hope u have a great cruise!

Thank you for your kind words, cruisecrasy.

I didn't mean to be abrasive to anyone but have listed to the loudspeaker on so many cruisers when we hear the same names/cabin numbers called again and again and again. Some scant few just don't care about anyone except themselves and they sit in Lido having coffee after cup of coffee because they don't feel like leaving yet.

It holds everyone and everything up until they get themselves moving and they simply don't care.

We heard one couple seated behind us in Lido one cruise say to each other when their name was called, " Oh tell them to leave us alone. We'll get going when we feel like it." We had never met these folks so that was the first we knew their name. Someone seated at our table went and identified them to an officer who was standing nearby.

Thanks for the suggestions to my and OP's 'dilema'. The cruise tour ends at 12:30. So, what is one to do between then and my flight at 8:00 if we can't check in until after 3:00? Also, while I might be able to get rid of my luggage, what do we do with our carry on and laptop? I think the answer is 'rent a car and sightsee'. It's the only one that makes sense.

I've decided that I will NEVER go out of any port other than one I can drive to, ever ever ever again! This has been a nightmare of logistics, and extremely expensive. If it means I have to sail with a line other that HAL, I guess I'll have to deal with that. :(

Although you can specify one of the latest times (10:15 / 10:30), there's little benefit. If you have a whole day to kill, leave early and get on with whatever plans you have for filling the day.

Not because of etiquette or whatnot. It's just not a relaxing conclusion to the trip. They start knocking around 8am checking the cabin's minibar, then every 15min thereafter asking when they could get in to start cleaning.

Though there is room service, there is no breakfast after 8.. If you are thinking you can let them clean the room while you eat your last relaxing meal in the cafeteria hall ~8:30-10am, that won't work either.

Archived