Alcohol age limit

odden

I was never ID'd being under 21 so they can order if they can get away with it.....what are they going to do ask for ID? No big deal then "I'll just run to my cabin".....they won't call the alcohol police or anything.

Don't you have to pay with your cruise card? Passengers under 21 are clearly identified as such on their card.

Hey ... that Carrie Nation had a sister who lived on our street when we were kids.. she did her best to stop us drinking tea as she said it was anti American!

On a lighter note.. further research informs me that the currency on Grand Princess has also been changed to £ stirling!:p

And talking about a lighter note... The POOR crew... British pax toting those light weight quid, the crew may have to blow the entire tip pool to split a pint amongst them on final night!:eek:

Sorry... with the 'give and take' here I couldn't let such well deserved opportunity pass...;)

Is it really an issue for an 18 year old to have or not have a drink on the cruise? I may just be a bit old fashioned, but, When my children reached 18, they still lived at home, I paid their tuition and supplied them with transportation....were they adults just by virture of their age? To each his own...

Is it really an issue for an 18 year old to have or not have a drink on the cruise? I may just be a bit old fashioned, but, When my children reached 18, they still lived at home, I paid their tuition and supplied them with transportation....were they adults just by virture of their age? To each his own...

Hi

So 18 year olds are more mature than others

My daughter has built and runs her own business - she started this at 18 after the UK equivlent of HS

Her choice and I wish I was as successful :D£££££££££££££:D

Try telling her she is too young to drink or needs support from Daddy!!

There is an answer for this...if you do not like the rules then don't go. Simple. Not disputing the fact that the drinking age is lower in the UK, but if you can't vacation without it being an issue, pick a different type of vacation.
That is not the issue. The problem that the OP has, and I agree with him, is an arbitrary limit on what his daughter can and cannot do while on holiday, which differs from what her privileges are on shore. My thought is that if someone is immature at 18, three more years likely won't improve them.

The question was what age limit is in force and...

the answer is that most cruises on Princess have a US compatible 21 age limit but that on this UK based (and I believe ship registered) cruise age 18 applies.

This isn't an unreasonable inquiry; after all, how would all the 21+ USA pax feel if they booked a cruise only to learn that Princess for whatever reason (sociology experiment) had decided to make it a "dry cruise"... Oh a different tune would be heard then!

No - different rules apply in different settings due to the cultural 'truths' of various jurisdictions. In this particular case, it has been determined by the 'powers that be' in their infinate wisdom that,

UK citizens age 18-20 can responsibly drink (hold their liquor);

USA citizens age 18-20 can NOT responsibly drink (hence 'hurl' their liquor).

Sorry, fellow citizens this is the bottom line 'truth be told'... Given Princess policy on this particular, I guess I'm not telling any secrets and the line concurs. The lines might even consider a bifurcated drinking rule on board all cruises, prohibiting only USA drinkers 18-20; after all, like age this info is cruise card embedded. They would then be accomodating everyones 'wishes' and adopting the foregoing socio-legal truths as determined by our respective leadership...

Land of the free, home of the brave; If you don't like it, take it up with your congressman...

Now Brits - that was a 'freebie'! Don't get me started on taxation of tea and the mess we're all wrestling with in the Mid-east due to your daddy and grandaddy's infinite wisdom! :D Cheers!

Now Brits - that was a 'freebie'! Don't get me started on taxation of tea and the mess we're all wrestling with in the Mid-east due to your daddy and grandaddy's infinite wisdom! :D Cheers!

lol :rolleyes:

Hi all

Can anyone please advise me - we will be sailing on the Grand Princess from Southampton (UK) my daughter (19) and boyfriend (20) will be travelling with us.

Is the age limit for purchase and consuption of alcohol 18 or 21?

Thanks for taking the time to answer

I'm surprised that this thread is 3 pages long. The answer is in the contract and on-line. Guess no one bothers to read that stuff.

[

Brilliant... totally brilliant

Time I think to let this topic die and raise something more controvertial......................................:D

Archived