QV: 1st timer questions..

NewEnglander23

Hello all, My Fiance and I are trying to make the decision to book on the QV Mediterranean Mosaic on 10-26-09. It will be our honeymoon and am trying to decide if we would like it as much as we loved the QM2 (sailed in Nov. 08). After pouring over the posts all afternoon, I have a few questions.

We are looking to book the A1 Britannia Balcony, how does it compare to the QM2's A3? Also, I noticed that all of the A1's are on the 8th deck with a pool deck, spa, Lido above on Deck 9. Is there are noise associated with that being above your stateroom? I had heard on the QM2 that people have heard noise on the 6th deck from the King's court.

Last, does anyone have an idea of the weather during that time of year for the itinerary? (Barcelona, Monte Carlo, Rome, Corsica, Mallorca, Gibraltar)? Could there be rough seas?

Thank you so much, your help was instrumental for our trip in Nov!!

Jessica

Last, does anyone have an idea of the weather during that time of year for the itinerary? (Barcelona, Monte Carlo, Rome, Corsica, Mallorca, Gibraltar)? Could there be rough seas?

Jessica

Sorry can't help on QM2 but I did a med cruise on QE2 last October, we only had two wet days, the rest of the cruise we had lovely warm sunny weather. Having said that I did a med cruise on QE2 in October 2005 and it was quite rough and cool, so it's all down to luck.

You realize that going across the Bay of Biscay you always run the risk of high seas. The QV does not ride the waves like the QM2, in fact she is a bit of a tug. This cruiser would choose any QM2 itinery over the QV. As regards weather in September it is still warm not too sure how it would be in October.

Seriously consider an A2/A3 cabin on deck 7 (no difference in size to an A1). We had an A2 deck 7 last year, and should we ever to go on this ship again, we would wish to there. No noise at all.

As you are booking fairly early you may be able to reserve one of the staterooms with a larger balcony, and you certainly would not be disappointed.

Compared to an A3 on the QM2, the cabins are slightly smaller, as is the shower room, but still very comfortable. Of course if you managed to book a cabin with a large balcony, this would more than make up for any other misgiving.

QV is a lovely ship, not as stable as the QM2, but we had no problems with heavy seas in the Bay of Biscay and further south.

I hope you have a memorable honeymoon.

You realize that going across the Bay of Biscay you always run the risk of high seas. The QV does not ride the waves like the QM2, in fact she is a bit of a tug. This cruiser would choose any QM2 itinery over the QV. As regards weather in September it is still warm not too sure how it would be in October.

This cruiser has crossed the North Atlantic in January in Force 9 Gales and found the Queen Victoria a very good sea-boat. NO other ship at seas today rides the waves like QM2 - but the QV is very good and I would not use this as a factor in deciding between QV or QM2 itineraries.....I'd go for the itinerary I preferred.

As to cabins, generally QV cabins are a bit smaller than QM2 - but overall she's a very pleasant cruise ship, one I'd happily sail on again - or indeed cross the Atlantic.....

I have been in an A1 cabin on deck 8 and did not have any problem with noise from above. We were very fortunate with our weather, North Sea in December and it was like a mill pond:D. I have done the Med in September on QM2 and the weather was still very warm, October should not make too much difference. As said by others, the Bay of Biscay can be rough, we had 7m swells, but it only lasts for about 12 hours or so. Take the sea sick remedy, if you suffer from it, and have a good cruise

Thank you all so much--very helpful as usual!! We ended up booking in the A2 on the 7th deck in one of the rooms with a bigger balcony (7098 to be exact) My FI loved being out on the balcony on the QM2 so while it may be a little less private the extra space makes up for it for him!

We would have loved to go back on the QM2, but the itinerary didn't work out, and we are looking forward to see a new ship. And we got a fantastic deal...can't beat that!

I do get sick, but have the patch and it worked when we hit 20ft seas on the QM2..hopefully we will pass the bay of biscay quickly :) and I will be good.

I think I am more excited for our trip than the wedding!! :eek:

Anymore tips on the QV are welcome!! Thanks again!

Thank you all so much--very helpful as usual!! We ended up booking in the A2 on the 7th deck in one of the rooms with a bigger balcony (7098 to be exact) My FI loved being out on the balcony on the QM2 so while it may be a little less private the extra space makes up for it for him!

We would have loved to go back on the QM2, but the itinerary didn't work out, and we are looking forward to see a new ship. And we got a fantastic deal...can't beat that!

I do get sick, but have the patch and it worked when we hit 20ft seas on the QM2..hopefully we will pass the bay of biscay quickly :) and I will be good.

I think I am more excited for our trip than the wedding!! :eek:

Anymore tips on the QV are welcome!! Thanks again!

Hi,

I am on this trip and it will be my third on QV :D

Please join the Roll Call in the Cunard Roll Call section :)

Gav :cool:

Hi,

I am on this trip and it will be my third on QV :D

Please join the Roll Call in the Cunard Roll Call section :)

My wife and I are also on this trip. Our second time on QV- a lovely ship.

Please join the roll call and we may have quite a few names for a meet by sailing date. Maybe even a cabin cavalcade.

Gavin. I notice you are QM2 'till the 23rd, are you going home between sailings or staying in Southampton?

Regards,

David

My wife and I are also on this trip. Our second time on QV- a lovely ship.

Please join the roll call and we may have quite a few names for a meet by sailing date. Maybe even a cabin cavalcade.

Gavin. I notice you are QM2 'till the 23rd, are you going home between sailings or staying in Southampton?

Regards,

David

Hi David,

I will be going home as i only live about 30-45 minutes from Southampton :)

Archived