What is a Monkey Head?

Morcruisin4Fun

I think what you are talking about is a coconut that is carved to look like a monkey. They put the drink in that - I think its about 10oz in a plastic cup. I brought one back for my daughter the first year I cruised - they are about $15. She uses it as a coin bank now. LOL the "head" (just a little cap) came off and so now she wants me to drink another one and give her the coconut. They usually come in the DOD, but you can get just about anything in there you wanted.

Hope that helps

Kristin

Very cute! May have to get one of those. If you get one with DOD, do you get a discount on refills? Does carnival even do discounts? HA!

If it's a DOD you DO get the discounted price for that drink... My favorite DOD is the Cozumel!!!

WOOOHOOOO!!

I'm headed there in ten days... the drink AND the island!!

:D

just make sure you're prepared for the sticker shock, we weren't. There was nothing on the waiter's tray that said the monkey was $15, I've never spent $15 on a drink in my life!

~Kristie

I think I paid $12.95 for my last one...

just make sure you're prepared for the sticker shock, we weren't. There was nothing on the waiter's tray that said the monkey was $15, I've never spent $15 on a drink in my life!

~Kristie

Can you believe I've paid $15 for a shot!It's miami and it can get pricey. SO i guess i can try this.

I think it's called a CoCo Monkey, I have two of them which I keep old wine corks in, why? dunno........:D

Carole

On Celebrity they do the same thing one day and even set up a Tiki Hut/cart. They serve a Coco Loco in it......

• 2 months later...

Archived