Baggage Tags

Bibi

On our other cruises, we received baggage tags pre-printed with our cabin numbers on them. On this Princess cruise, we just received blank pink tags. Ok...stupid question....do we write our cabin number on them? We have upgraded cabins and do not know which one we will be in at this point. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.

On our other cruises, we received baggage tags pre-printed with our cabin numbers on them. On this Princess cruise, we just received blank pink tags. Ok...stupid question....do we write our cabin number on them? We have upgraded cabins and do not know which one we will be in at this point. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.

If you are not sure of your actual stateroom number, wait to fill them out until you reach the pier. The porters will have a roster with the actual cabin number and you can fill it in after you check with them.

The best thing to do is to write the latest cabin number you have from the personalizer or boarding pass printout onto the luggage tags.

We were upgraded at the check-in counter once, and they were able to redirect our luggage to the right cabin, even though it had our previous cabin number on it.

Do make sure you attach the luggage tags before you leave home, as recommended by Princess. That way if it gets misdirected anywhere in transit there will be enough ID to get it to the ship.

Hmmmmm. Our luggage tags from Princess has always been blank. I always fill them in and I do that right before we are ready to leave for the cruise just in case they might be an upgrade.:D

Marilyn

Also NCL provides preprinted tags.

I have been advised to NOT put the tags on if you are flying until after you arrive. The tags can easily be torn off by the luggage crews at the various airports as they are being loaded/unloaded.

I have been advised to NOT put the tags on if you are flying until after you arrive. The tags can easily be torn off by the luggage crews at the various airports as they are being loaded/unloaded.

There are two schools of thought on this subject. One...if your luggage gets waylaid and there's no tag, they'll send it to your home address. Doesn't do you any good if you're on a cruise.

Two....if you have tags and your luggage is mislaid, then they'll send it to the cruise. Maybe.

Depends on which school you attend/ed.

I don't tag until airport arrival at my destination.

I agree with that advise. Cunard also preprint the tags

Just curious, how do you know you've been upgraded if you don't know your cabin number?

We gave our TA the go ahead to upgrade us to a specific category. Just found out this morning which cabin we are now in, so that issue is now solved. On our Carnival and RCI cruise, the tags were pre-printed. I will write on these ones now that I know. Thanks to everyone for the info. :)

I agree. The airlines aren't going to forward them on to the ship and there is a good chance they will get ripped off or removed anyway. Unless you are instructed by Princess to put them on prior to travel to the embarkation port as part of a pre-cruise package that has them collecting the luggage and transferring them to the hotel or ship (not sure I have ever seen that happen - usually you collect the luggage and then they take it), I would fill them out before you leave and put them on once you have collected your luggage at the airport.

If you have a change in cabin due to an upgrade and you haven't been notified prior to leaving home, the ship will re-direct the luggage to the proper cabin.

have been advised to NOT put the tags on if you are flying until after you arrive. The tags can easily be torn off by the luggage crews at the various airports as they are being loaded/unloaded.

If you ask you will get opinions from one end of the spectrum to another.

In my cruise personalizer Princess states:

All Passengers

Don't forget to place your luggage tags on your bags before leaving home.

spacer.gif

Mike:)

The best thing to do is to write the latest cabin number you have from the personalizer or boarding pass printout onto the luggage tags.

We were upgraded at the check-in counter once, and they were able to redirect our luggage to the right cabin, even though it had our previous cabin number on it.

Do make sure you attach the luggage tags before you leave home, as recommended by Princess. That way if it gets misdirected anywhere in transit there will be enough ID to get it to the ship.

Our luggage was not delivered to the cabin we were upgraded to. It was finally found by me around midnight sitting in the hall out side the original cabin assignment. I kept visiting the pursers desk to inquire about our luggage and just kept being told it would be delivered. It never was. Crown Princess, April, 2008. The luggage issue was the only qlitch in our cruise.

We are Elite Members and never received preprinted luggage tags. We just received our tags for our coming March 2009 Emerald Cruise and they were as always blank. However, I sailed Royal Caribbean this past Dec. on Explorer and the luggage tags came preprinted with all info on them.Maybe You are thinking of Royal Caribbean......IKE

Archived