Rumor or Fact?

Fred C

I've read on the CC message boards that Royal Caribbean will

be changing the number of cruise credits that will be needed

to attain diamond level. I now have 8 cruise credits and was

hoping to reach diamond by 2010. Is this fact or fiction?

The way they have been changing the Freebies such as not allowing combining of OBC benefits I would be surprised if the benefits of each level is not reduced .Just look at the coupon booklets for another example.With more and more cruisers reaching the higher levels they are going to be less willing to give away so many free drinks especially with the low fares they are commanding at this time....................Frank

I'm hoping it's just rumor. I need 1 more credit to reach D+ but I don't have another RC cruise scheduled until Jan 2010. Hopefully they won't make any changes before then.

That's funny. We are in the same "ship" so to speak. One more credit to Diamond + , I keep wondering if we should book Mariner just to get there. :rolleyes:

Hello Joe! Best to Sally.

We were on Majesty in very early January 2007. More than two years ago.

There was a guy at the Platinum/Diamond party bragging how he knew that RCCL was very soon gonna change the cruise credit deal. He booked a B2B in a JS to get his extra credits before they changed, and was so very smart.

Well, two years have passed. Nothin's changed. Not saying that it won't, just showing how long this rumor has been going on.

Rick and Deirdra

Unless I missed something the level is still 10 credits to attain Diamond. There was a rumor last year that they were going to change things but it does not seem to have come true.

Hey Sue, I wonder if the rumors were a ploy on RCCL's part as so many people decided to book another cruise to get to Diamond or D+ status.....hmmm ;):D

###

Based on the revenue report for this yr for RCI that I saw in today's newspaper - I find it hard to believe that they will do much more to discourage people from booking cruises since the number is already way down from this time last yr

Hey Sue, I wonder if the rumors were a ploy on RCCL's part as so many people decided to book another cruise to get to Diamond or D+ status.....hmmm ;):D

###

Phhhh.:rolleyes::rolleyes: Who knows? If they change it, they change it. All of this stuff, there is nothing that "I" as an individual can do about it...like most things in life. :D

I should have a quote in my signature... "You are a unique individual...as are one million other people JUST like you"

I should have a quote in my signature... "You are a unique individual...as are one million other people JUST like you"
I like "You're special, just like everyone else."

I should be D+ in April but RC canceled my cruise for this year and the dates they gave as replacements were too expensive and wouldn't work for hubby's job. He can't take off during spring break. I was really PO'd about it last year when they canceled on me, but with all the changes RC is making this year, I see it as the opportunity to try a different cruiseline.

Hello,

I'm hoping it's just rumor. I need 1 more credit to reach D after our April B2B cruise. I don't have another RC cruise scheduled after this cruise. Hopefully they won't make any changes before then.

Between not being able to combine our OBC with our stock ownership credits. I will not think twice to switch cruiselines if the price is right.

Enjoy your upcoming cruises.

Joyce & Of Course Harvey

The same rumor circulated last year at this time and 12 months later nothing has changed. Soooooo, at this moment it is nothing more than a rumor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:p

Hi Joe! I dont know if you remember us on Legend from Tampa in April 07? Still one of our favourite cruises up to date...(Debbie and Andy from England with our two boys - :D) - say hi to Sally from us as well!

Anyway, we will become Diamond in May on Navigator from Barcelona so I am banking on my diamond status being effective on our 12 day Baltics cruise from Harwich in August. I will be really disappointed if anything changes as I have spent a fortune on four of us cruising to acquire 10 cruise credits!! Hollyanna

We decided with 6 cruises we need to step it up I have a feeling by the end of 2009 RCL will be over hauling their loyalty program. We booked NOS in March in a JS and when our family comes down in June will do another is a JS so that will make us diamond. I just want to make sure we achieve that before any changes take place.

Archived