Summit - Mystery Light In Toilet

CruiseDiver

This thread is just too funny icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif kc..you must have seen the light...you decided to check out the Celebrity board? icon_smile.gif.

The one light I saw on the Mercury...were those stars after those Martini's on the first night... icon_eek.gificon_rolleyes.gif

And didn't see any lights on the Century!

Hmmmm......

Next up...HORIZON Sept 18th to Bermuda!

See My Century and Mercury Pictures at:

http://community.webshots.com/user/lovescruising

I agree with Lois, those who saw the light....were you a little too close to the Martini bar??? icon_eek.gif

Norway - March 1983

Facination - Jan. 1995

Tropicale - Mar. 1997

Jubilee - Jan. 1999

Norway - March 2001

Conquest - January 2004

Zenith - March 2005

well you know i am a child of the 60's....I remember pipes, lava lamps, and strange toilet lights.....I am so sorry I didn't see the light on Mercury, (not The Mercury)...maybe next time.

Star Princess 9/03 Alaska

Celebrity Mercury 3/04 Mexico

Next: Sapphire Princess 10/2/04

Mercury Cruise Pic's 3/13/04

http://community.webshots.com/user/catmand100

icon_smile.gif You guys are a riot....especially you Catmand! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif We will be on the Summit again in 2.5 weeks. icon_smile.gif I will be sure to get up in the wee hours to check out the glow of the toilet water. Full report upon my return. Oink! icon_smile.gif

Celebrity Summit 7 Day - May '04

Coral Princess 10 Day - Feb '04

Grand Princess 7 Day - Nov '03

Celebrity Summit 10 Day - Apr '03

Sea Princess 7 Day - Nov '02

Grand Princess 7 Day - Dec '01

Celebrity Galaxy 7 Day - Apr '01

Carnival Ecstasy 3 Day - July '00

Celebrity Mercury 7 Day - Feb '00

Carnival Ecstasy 3 Day - Dec '98

Where's Newt??? Surely he will have an explanation for this.

If it were the Zenith or the Connie or the Century I would have a good explanation for this....it would have been my afterglow. Take that any way you want! But alas, I've yet to see any potty particulars or particles for that matter on any cruise. I guess I will just have to talk the old DH into a cruise in '04. I can't wait until the Milli next Sept. to check this out.

catmand,

I hope he can hold his wee until he gets TO the john.

Now THERE's a big opening for someone. If we aren't careful, this thread will go "poof".

at 08:55 AM.]

[This message was edited by bob278 on 04-12-04 at 08:56 AM.]

debjac

Thanks for accepting the mission. Have a great cruise and don't worry if you haven't had success with the answer. It's ok, we just won't speak to you icon_wink.gificon_biggrin.gif

Cat, love your pictures. Do you have Catchphrase in the US? You'd be great at that game.

Phil

Mercury Western Caribbean November 2002

Galaxy Eastern Caribbean November 2003

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;11;13;18;0;00&timezone=GMT-0600 <BR

Until Galaxy Panama Canal Out Of Galveston

13th November 2004

<center>

<a href="http://www.escati.com/counter98/free_time_codes.htm">

time98.gif</center>

Hi Philicon_smile.gif...is Catchphrase sort of like our old version of the "Match Game"?....or maybe "Password"....

Cat.. I know you remember those.. icon_wink.gif.

LOis....12_1_202.gif.....1_4_51.gif.....and.....515.gif.....23_6_32.gif......I remember but catchphrase is a board game, don't think I have ever played it. Akawanda seems to think they were playing it on Mercury (not The Mercury).

A member of the "I saw Light on my Celebrity Cruise!" club......4_17_5.gif

Star Princess 9/03 Alaska

Celebrity Mercury 3/04 Mexico

Next: Sapphire Princess 10/2/04

Mercury Cruise Pic's 3/13/04

http://community.webshots.com/user/catmand100

Cat...you little animated people are so fun icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif.

Ken, Lisa and I were playing scrabble one day in the "card room"...we were almost finished...probably within 10 minutes we would have been all done......well, there were some Bridge Players who came in...and they made sure we knew "as of 2:00 the ROOM WAS RESERVED"....geeeezzz...then, one of the men made sure to tell his wife..."bring the daily in, so the folks won't think we are lieing"....I was like...OH MY GOD...can't we just finish our scrabble game?...I guess NOT....(sometimes people can be so rude).

Lois,

I don't know what their tone was, but the reason they said that is there are a certain number of games that everyone must play to complete the bridge session and they are usually timed about right to the minute so people have time to get ready for main seating dinner. It's a continuation of the bridge lessons in the morning. I know it sounds ridiculous, but 10 minutes can make a difference in whether they finish and there are usually about 9 tables of players. I don't know about the other ships, but on the M-Class ships there are other game tables for playing scrabble and other games.

There certainly isn't any need for people to be rude, though. Just thought you might like to know why they were so concerned.

icon_biggrin.gifOH MY GOSH I HAVE NOT LAUGHED SO HARD IN A LONG TIME! THIS THREAD IS THE BEST! WE HAVE BEEN ON GALAXY (TWICE) AND THE CONSTELLATION BUT NO LIGHTED TOILET. I WANT A REFUND!

WE ARE ON THE CENTURY IN 18 DAYS AND YOU CAN COUNT ON US TO LOOK FOR THE LIGHT. WILL FILE A FULL REPORT WHEN WE RETURN.

I HAVE A THEORY: MAYBE THE LIGHT IS ONE OF THE "ENHANCED SERVICES" AVALIBLE ON THE CONCIERGE CLASS CABINS.

-ISOTONIC PILLOW, MADAM?

-HANSGROGHE MASSAGING SHOWERHEAD, SIR?

-SHOULD I TURN THE LIGHT IN YOUR TIOLET ON

NOW YOUR MAJESTY?

MONARCH OF THE SEAS 3/99

GRAND PRINCESS 4/00

SOVEREIGN OF THE SEAS 10/00

GALAXY 1/01

GRAND PRINCESS 1/02

ADVENTURE OF THE SEAS 5/02

ENCHANTMENT OF THE SEAS 11/02

CONSTELLATION 1/03

GOLDEN PRINCESS 4/03

NAVIGATOR OF THE SEAS 10/03

GALAXY 1/04

WE'RE WAITING FOR:

CENTURY MAY 1ST, 2004!!!

Ma, thanks for the explanation.

I had asked if we could have a few more minutes...they made sure to say..."they needed the tables...NOW".

So, we got up and left...put everything back where it belonged first.

The scrabble board was FULL..so we couldn't really move..even if we had wanted to....

but you are correct...too bad they couldn't have said it a bit more nicely.

Alright Catmand,

You left the opening.......Just remember, after a certain age, it is much easier to hold your scotch than it is to hold your water......so, drink everything straight up! It is really tough to be quiet after some of these posts. So glad we can find pleasure in the smallest things. (NPI)

greetings to Phil and Lois. The game sounds like fun. I think I remember something like that. Was it ever a game show on TV?

I better run, I think I just "saw the light".

Cathy

• 3 weeks later...

OK - Mission accomplished! Back from the Summit and have it from a very reliable source that the "glow" is from phosphorescence (sp?). My source - Stuart the ACD - said to me very seriously "Have you tasted the water? It's salt water" - as I don't normally drink from toilets I'm taking his word.

Funny thing - many cc'ers and my tablemates saw the "glow". I looked every night, volunteering to call my friends and have a "glow party" once sighted and never saw it icon_frown.gif

Everyone had a good laugh over this and I think it was why we were asked to dine with the Captain so thank you all!!

If things are reversed in the southern hemisphere would you not be able to see the glowing effect because the light glowed in the wrong direction.....

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00ff00&cdt=2004;3;19;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Donuts, is there anything they can't do....

debjac

Thanks very much for clearing up the mystery light. Is the phosphorence natural or man made?

I'm glad that you were able to dine with the Captain. We'll think of another subject to raise issue with before your next cruise, if it helps with an invite icon_wink.gif

Phil

Mercury Western Caribbean November 2002

Galaxy Eastern Caribbean November 2003

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;11;13;18;0;00&timezone=GMT-0600 <BR

Until Galaxy Panama Canal Out Of Galveston

13th November 2004

<center>

<a href="http://www.escati.com/counter98/free_time_codes.htm">

time98.gif</center>