Bring Back the Fruit Punch!!!!!!!!!

mjl1960

I will miss the fruit punch, but wouldnt give up my lobster, I can bring my own fruit punch on board, which I plan to do, it tastes wonderful with a little lemonade splashed on top to cut the sweetness and some rum or orange vodka mixed it. Great livation in between the many DOD's.

And you can't bring your own lobster? :confused: :D

Hmmmmm...

One wonders if this might one reason why it was removed????

Not sure if I agree with your police work there, G'ma. The lemonade is a great mixer too, and they still allow a reasonable amount of non-alcoholic mixers, eh, beverages. If they wanted to cut down on smuggling, seems to me they would do it the same way the other cruise lines do: through the baggage x-ray process. Just a thought.

WHAT?! The Fruit Punch that was served in the buffet area on lido deck w/ the fountain lemon aid n such?! NOOO!! :( that's like all i would drink! PLEASE CARNIVAL BRING IT BACK! What is the reasoning of discontinuing it? :(

-David.

No....but don't tell carnival...:p My problem is I have nothing to mix my rum with that I like now that they don't have punch. I liked that because gave a tropical flair to the drink...now there is nothing that I like.

I use to add Parrot Bay Coconut Rum to the fruit punch in a big insulated cup with lots of ice. YUMMY!

I must say the Papaya Cocktail is great with rum or vodka..however it is only avail in the am. So you must fill up before the breakfast buffett is closed up.

I have read that people in the morning fill up containers with the papaya juice. Does anyone stop you from doing that?

Hawaiian Punch comes in easily transported single serving packets to mix with water or you can even buy the 12 oz bottles and either premix your libation or smuggle and pour. Either way..... sounds like a party..... Hawaiian punch cocktails, snacks and jello shooters in my room!!!!!!!! p0614.gifp0612.gifp0616.gif

Buy a few kool aid packets and take advantage of the free water Carnival offers!

I would rather keep the sushi and the lobster and the fruit punch, but if one has to go, I'll have to vote fruit punch (but I'm not a good test group, as I don't drink rum or really liquor in general -- I'm a beer and wine girl)

Do you know what bothers ME? The fact that the sodas aren't refrigerated. So anytime I get a diet coke, it goes over ice and melts and tastes watered down on the first sip. This is a tragedy of epic proportions in my opinion.

And you can't bring your own lobster? :confused: :D

Not sure if I agree with your police work there, G'ma. The lemonade is a great mixer too, and they still allow a reasonable amount of non-alcoholic mixers, eh, beverages. If they wanted to cut down on smuggling, seems to me they would do it the same way the other cruise lines do: through the baggage x-ray process. Just a thought.

Thanks for your comment. However, it wasn't "police work"; only a random thought.......

So, what is available at the "drink bar" all day? Just tea and lemonade?That was one thing I missed when we sailed on the RC is the availablilty of juice, water, tea and lemonade. The only place to get a nonalcoholic drink when the restaurant was closed was at the bar, where you had to stand in line forever. I loved having it right on the Lido Deck and self serve. Do they have that on the pool deck on all Carnival ships?

I think people should start letting Carnival know how they feel about the fruit punch being discontinued. It is one of the main staples of going to a tropical place...who do they think they are not having it? I would rather see the lobster done away with than I would the fruit punch.:eek:

How do you feel about this?

I don't drink it so it doesn't affect me. I do feel bad that so many seem to enjoy it and can't get it though.

No....but don't tell carnival...:p My problem is I have nothing to mix my rum with that I like now that they don't have punch. I liked that because gave a tropical flair to the drink...now there is nothing that I like.

Bring the fruit punch powder that comes in individual packets with you! Next time you are in the grocery store check out the powdered drink section. Lots to choose from and you can mix your drinks to your hearts content. Even get creative in flavors and such :D

With the 1/2 tea and 1/2 lemonaide try adding a shot of Firefly's sweet tea vodka. I don't like it by it's self but I'm thinking in that mixture.....delish.

I too enjoyed the versatility of the fruit punch. Guess I'll just have to infuse some vodka with pineapple and see if that mixes well with the pass-o-guava!

I'm don't want to trade lobster for fruit punch, but I will miss it. They had it when I was last on in Dec of 2007...if I'd had known it would be my last dance with free fruit punch I would have enjoyed more :p

Seriously, I do like the fruit punch. I don't love the soda; I guess I'll learn to like the lemonade more :D

Since my cruise in 3+ weeks is my first and although I have been cruising these boards a lot, I still have no idea what is going on. Hahaha. I will try not to look too much like a newbie. I am bringing my own drinks (non alcoholic of course) so the punch really isn't a big deal to me...:D

WHAT?! The Fruit Punch that was served in the buffet area on lido deck w/ the fountain lemon aid n such?! NOOO!! :( that's like all i would drink! PLEASE CARNIVAL BRING IT BACK! What is the reasoning of discontinuing it? :(

-David.

READ POST 17 thats why!

We don't miss it. It's just FRUIT PUNCH people. There's other things to drink. Sorry if you don't have what you want to mix your smuggled liquor with:D:p:cool:

Who needs all that sugar anyway. Tip: It's not real fruit punch.

How many like the punch because it's punch? The vast majority I've seen complain are mad because they can't use it as a mixer.

Archived