A new HAL Blog! (Yes, I'm a HAL employee!)

DutchByAssociation

I apologize if this has been covered, but I tried scanning the posts &

could not find it -- how can I get info on the "Suite Amenity Pkg?"

It was covered on another thread, but when I tried to find the info

on the HAL website - I couldn't get there from here. We are booked

on the 28 day Panama Canal cruise on Statendam in Oct and are

interested in this package.

Thanks for your kind response

Cindy

Suite amenity package consists of:

• Complimentary laundry and pressing
  • Holland America Line bathrobe with monogram of choice
  • In-stateroom high tea or daily canapes
  • Complimentary access to the onboard DVD selection
  • Fresh flowers
  • Special VIP debarkation procedures
  • Special VIP Debarkation lounge
  • Pillows a la carte menu
  • Initial stateroom beverage setup
  • Explorations Café coffee card
  • Pinnacle Grill dinner

Quantities vary on longer sailings, and Ship Services can assist you with that.

Do you know when we can expect Nieuw Amsterdam Caribbean itinerary?

Since Caribbean itineraries usually work September-April and brochures are usually out a year in advance I would expect in the very late summer - mid fall time frame.

Only thing I've heard so far is that it will likely be a 7 day itinerary and I would think it VERY unlikely that Nieuw Amsterdam and Eurodam would run the same itinerary so if both are in the region I would guess one might go 7 day Eastern and the other 7 day Southern.

And keep in mind that these are all guesses. Also, while Caribbean sailings start in late September, Nieuw Amsterdam won't be in Florida til the second week of November.

Hi DBA - thanks for taking your time to answer these questions.

Hopefully, this is not a repeat... I did a search and it didn't come up?

My question... Do I have any hope of finding my left behind items from my cruise last week or should I just start trying to replace the items?

I sailed the Zaandam June 5 - June 12. I have stayed in hotels almost every week for the past 9 years and have never left a thing because my routine is to set my luggage next to the door and then go through every drawer and closet to make sure I didn't leave anything. However, on the day of departure, I felt like I was being totally rushed out of the room. (I give a detailed account of what happened in my cruise review.) Yes, I know it is my own fault for not checking, and I can only blame myself, but I ended up leaving 4 nice jackets in the hallway closet - I was in a suite and hadn't used that closet for much during my cruise.

Anyway, I did call and file a search request, but I am just wondering what the odds are of getting them returned? What is the process? Do the cleaning personnel usually go through the closets before the next passengers arrive? If so, what do they do with the articles of clothing? Do you think most staff follow the proper steps and return to lost and found?

Thanks again for your help.

Lynda

Hi DBA - thanks for taking your time to answer these questions.

Hopefully, this is not a repeat... I did a search and it didn't come up?

My question... Do I have any hope of finding my left behind items from my cruise last week or should I just start trying to replace the items?

I sailed the Zaandam June 5 - June 12. I have stayed in hotels almost every week for the past 9 years and have never left a thing because my routine is to set my luggage next to the door and then go through every drawer and closet to make sure I didn't leave anything. However, on the day of departure, I felt like I was being totally rushed out of the room. (I give a detailed account of what happened in my cruise review.) Yes, I know it is my own fault for not checking, and I can only blame myself, but I ended up leaving 4 nice jackets in the hallway closet - I was in a suite and hadn't used that closet for much during my cruise.

Anyway, I did call and file a search request, but I am just wondering what the odds are of getting them returned? What is the process? Do the cleaning personnel usually go through the closets before the next passengers arrive? If so, what do they do with the articles of clothing? Do you think most staff follow the proper steps and return to lost and found?

Thanks again for your help.

Lynda

The best approach you can take is to go through Property Claims (aka Lost and Found) as they handle all issues with lost, damaged, stolen, etc property for all cruises.

The routine, as far as I am aware, is that the items will be taken from the room to the front office, and the front office has them sent to the corporate office where they are logged by the property claims dept and I believe either held for 6 months or a year.

It sounds like you did already call and leave a message for the department, but if you don't hear anything within a couple weeks, I would call the main switchboard 206-281-3535 and ask for Gloria who is the manager of Property Claims.

Hope that you and your items are reunited!

Dutch - I am taking my first HAL cruise on the Oosterdam on August 23rd. It is our first vacation overseas without our daughter. I would like to stay in touch with her a couple of times a week. Can you tell me the cost of the internet plans vs. calling on the ship phone? The phone call would be to the US. Thanks for your help!:)

To ss70chev. Just a friendy thought. Using either the ships telephone system or your own cell phone calls from Europe to the United States are via satellite. There is a several second delay and lots of static. Very frustrating in itself then there is the time difference of up to 10 hours.

You can buy a telephone card aboard the ship for about $25.00. I believe it was about 10 minutes. Our Verizon cell phone was $2.49 cents per minute for seamobile roaming, that is in addition to the charge for your minutes.

I know nothing about the internet plans other than almost everyone posting on these boards say the internet is very slow.

ss70- Ship Services can help with the prices. Lazey also has a good suggestion with the phone card especially if you don't want to have to worry about the fact that weather, geography around you, etc can all play a factor.

PSP- I have a feeling the HAL Blog might be able to help a bit more with this inquiry as I have only seen pre-SOE 2.0 pictures of Veendam's Crow's Nest, like those at http://www.shipcafe.net

To ss70chev. Just a friendy thought. Using either the ships telephone system or your own cell phone calls from Europe to the United States are via satellite. There is a several second delay and lots of static. Very frustrating in itself then there is the time difference of up to 10 hours.

You can buy a telephone card aboard the ship for about $25.00. I believe it was about 10 minutes. Our Verizon cell phone was $2.49 cents per minute for seamobile roaming, that is in addition to the charge for your minutes.

I know nothing about the internet plans other than almost everyone posting on these boards say the internet is very slow.

Can you clarify what an onboard telephone card is? Would you use it to call to the US from a phone on the ship? Thanks so much!!!

Hi Dutch,

Do you know where I can find up to date deck plans? Just checked out the Veendam on HAL and can't find the Promenade access cabins. Also the Sea View Pool on the Eurodam show on the deck plans seems to have disappeared from the list of public venues. I also thought Spa Suites were available but can't find them on the deck plans. As always, thanks for your guidence.

Carole

Hi Dutch,

Do you know where I can find up to date deck plans? Just checked out the Veendam on HAL and can't find the Promenade access cabins. Also the Sea View Pool on the Eurodam show on the deck plans seems to have disappeared from the list of public venues. I also thought Spa Suites were available but can't find them on the deck plans. As always, thanks for your guidence.

Carole

I'm not DBA, but all of the CA cabins on the Lower Promenade of the Veendam are the new Lanai cabins, if that's what you mean. See:

http://book.hollandamerica.com/fleet/deckPlan.do?ship=ve&deck=lp&year=next

The only Spa Suites I know about on the Eurodam are 10005 and 10006:

http://book.hollandamerica.com/fleet/deckPlan.do?ship=ed&deck=r9&year=next

I'm not DBA, but all of the CA cabins on the Lower Promenade of the Veendam are the new Lanai cabins, if that's what you mean. See:

Thanks jtl... I didn't quite follow the original question but I think I would have answered the same way.

Hi I have a question regarding priority boarding I booked a SS category cabin on NOORDAM with the phone concierge other then phone concierge what are other benefits and privileges for SS cabin category :confused:will I be able to have priority boarding :confused:?and Ps what can a phone concierge do ?

Dutch, what's the feedback on the lanai cabins? I read on one thread that some people who had a lanai cabin took some chairs that were outside the cabin next to them, and moved them in order to save them for their friends who were also in a lanai cabin but several cabins away? Are people having trouble with the chairs left for them outside the cabins? How is the concept working out? Also, if you go outside to use a chair to have your morning cofee, does the door close behind you? Can you get back in from the deck or do you have to go through the inside hallway? Thanks in advance.

One of my problems, not reading far enough.:o Thanks for the quick reply.

CAL

Archived