AOS going to Malaga in March 2010

It'll be interesting to see deployments when Allure comes out.

So AOS goes to Malaga (most likely for the summer). I assume she'll make a TA twice a year like her sister ships right now.

Serenade pulled ouf of Alaska will most likely do SJU year round and then joined by AOS in winter time. Basically just the way it is, just in reverse.

Freedom goes to PC.

Explorer supposedly to Miami.

Question is: does Liberty stay put? Which ship will sail out of Bayonne? A swap? Liberty for Explorer.

AOS essentially will replace Brilliance (to Dubai) in Europe.

The move AOS to Europe is brilliant by RCI. If the Serenade really replaces AOS year round in SJU they just lowered the inventory which artificially incrases demand in peak times thus creating higher prices and AOS is perfect for the European market which has seen a tremendous increase in the last few years.

So many options, so much speculation.

:D

I like your idea about the LOS & EOS Swap :)

Royal Caribbean website lists Southern Caribbean cruises on OAS out of San Juan through April 18, 2010. Since that's a year out, I'm not sure they'd go any further, regardless of whether or not she was being reassigned.

I may write to RCI about this. I was debating and AOS versus SOS cruise in March 2010. If AOS will not be there in 2011, that may be a deciding factor. We love Adventure.

Oh phew..... I've already persuaded DH....so don't want it going pear shaped!!!

As we know it could all change..well who expected to hear the AOS coming to Malaga! :eek:

But keeping fingers crossed you are able to do the Med on BR :D Hopefully we will know soon what ship is going where next year :)

It'll be interesting to see deployments when Allure comes out.

So AOS goes to Malaga (most likely for the summer). I assume she'll make a TA twice a year like her sister ships right now.

Serenade pulled ouf of Alaska will most likely do SJU year round and then joined by AOS in winter time. Basically just the way it is, just in reverse.

Freedom goes to PC.

Explorer supposedly to Miami.

Question is: does Liberty stay put? Which ship will sail out of Bayonne? A swap? Liberty for Explorer.

AOS essentially will replace Brilliance (to Dubai) in Europe.

The move AOS to Europe is brilliant by RCI. If the Serenade really replaces AOS year round in SJU they just lowered the inventory which artificially incrases demand in peak times thus creating higher prices and AOS is perfect for the European market which has seen a tremendous increase in the last few years.

So many options, so much speculation.

:D

It's time for RCI to come back to New Orleans! Pretty please! ;)

Trudy

The report I read today only said March 2010...it did not say what actual date in March ..sorry. :(

We are booked for April 2010 (just booked 2 days ago) - are you saying that our ship will probably get changed? Any speculation for what will happen? We are sooooooo excited about booking on this ship, it looks beautiful and we were able to grab cabin 1688 which I've read a lot about.

I have my fingers crossed for you lhall. We were on AOS last week and our Meet & Mingle group had a cabin crawl. One of the cabins we saw was 1688. The cabin stole the show for cabins. The balcony was oohed and ahhed over until they saw mine at 7388, which was bigger :D (1688's is still very nice though).

Navigator has several cruises which are departing from Malaga this year and I understand that sales have been pretty good on these trips. Therefore it would be no surprise to me to see a ship home port from Malaga for the summer season in 2010. It is very good news for us, as Malaga is only an hours drive away!

Will this be an immersion cruise? I wonder if Spanish will be the primary language, I don't speak Spanish unfortunately.

I imagine these cruises will be on a similar basis as departures from Barcelona - announcements made in English/Spanish and compasses and menus available in both languages

I pulled out my college Spanish to translate a press release to get you all the most accurate information on Adventure of the Seas I could find. Check out our news item here: http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=3045

It's got actual itinerary information out of Malaga, but there's no word on the rest of Adventure of the Seas' 2010 schedule.

Hasta luego!

Associate Editor Erica

I pulled out my college Spanish to translate a press release to get you all the most accurate information on Adventure of the Seas I could find. Check out our news item here: http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=3045

It's got actual itinerary information out of Malaga, but there's no word on the rest of Adventure of the Seas' 2010 schedule.

Hasta luego!

Associate Editor Erica

Thanks Erica :D

I notice it says 25 sailings in that report whereas other reports said 21 :confused:

Quite a difference in dates...March on the vanished Seatrade report but June in this one. Isn't that awfully late in the year for a Repositioning cruise? :confused:

There goes my Southern Carribean on the AOS in the summer of 2010. That's what I get for planning in advance. Hopefully, at least a newer ship will replace the AOS.

WHAT A DOWNER!!!!

We've been planning a summer 2010 B2B on the AOS since our Mariner cruise last summer. Rumor has it that the Serenade will take the place of AOS. We really loved the Voyager class, but we are now looking forward to sailing on a Radience class ship.

Ya mean when h*** freezes over?:rolleyes::p;)

Geez, I can't even die and go to hell?:eek:

I hate the cold.

I bought me some beach front property because I was told that hell is hot all year long. :mad:

Scammers....

On subject: maybe hell freezes over faster than you expect it to...then again...I am just as dumb as a doorknob. :D

You know we love ya, but it's got to be Galveston honey!

Suz

I agree with Suz. Also, for RCCL, putting a FT ship in Galveston puts it within driving distance of many more million folks than New Orleans and Galveston is far safer for the general cruise traveling public.

The other big factor the sail up and down the river takes some time...and probably adds a lot on for pilot fees that is not the case in Galveston.

I think Galveston may pick up one of the ships now in Colon or DR as both seem to be having more difficulty selling all the cabins. Then VOTS comes in to help in the peak season...

Archived