AOS going to Malaga in March 2010

Geez, I can't even die and go to hell?:eek:

I hate the cold.

I bought me some beach front property because I was told that hell is hot all year long. :mad:

Scammers....

On subject: maybe hell freezes over faster than you expect it to...then again...I am just as dumb as a doorknob. :D

I hate the cold, too, and as luck would have it, I was born in Canada.:rolleyes:

I heard about that place: Canada by the North Pole.

I heard it is one of those places where when you sleep an hour to long on a particular day in July you missed summer.

megaroftl.gif

canada.gif

You realize, of course, that this means war? fighting0066.gif

Unfortunately, Canada's gun is in the shop for repairs.

In my OPINION....

Adventure moves to Malaga seasonally, winters back out of San Juan.

Liberty moves into San Juan year-round.

Allure replaces Liberty in South Florida.

Voyager becomes year-round in Galveston.

Serenade is deployed internationally. Maybe Australia, year round.

Just gut instincts combined with some known info and some educated guesses.

I think too many ships are either in Alaska or Europe in summer.It seems to me that our financial woes in North America prevents us from considering vacations other then in North America.The Euro is too expensive and therefore makes Europe extremely expensive .Exchange rates are high

Why are so many ships leaving the Carib >BRING THEM back Even out of New York to carib for more then 8 days to really enjoy Carib ports .Last year on Cb out of NYC we basically did a sea voyage .Would have loved more time in Carib islands

I think more ships should leave out of PR and airlines should cooperate with cruiselines to make it economical..Why not have cruise charters out of major cities .That would reduce costs

A southern carib from PR is the BEST cruise and I have done it quite a few times

I hope Rccl brings another ship there I would love longer cruises in Southern Carib in Summer

Remember kids are out of school so we can go away for longer

What about 2 weeks to Hawaii ..did it on Regal Princess LOVED IT .would do it again if offered by a cruise line

I cannot find a decent Carib cruise for this summer so we may do the same one out of PR on VIctory

I live in cold and snow .Sure Alaska is beautiful but I do not want cold in summer I want BEACHES!!!

Is anyone listening

Last summer (I think) when all the airlines announced their cuts in flight schedules, I posted something that - at the time - was almost considered heresy. I speculated that the reduction in lift capacity to SJU could mean that one (or even both) of our home-ported ships would leave. Currently we have the AOS and the Carnival Victory year round.

My thoughts were based on simple math. Take total ship passenger capacity, assume 25% local (as an average), and then divide the rest by the capacity of 757's which a lot of airlines fly here. It was something like 17 full flights without a single seat left for local tourism, business travelers, local travel, and those going on to other Caribbean islands through the SJU hub. Since the cuts were announced, and subsequently enacted, we have received new flights from other carriers but these haven't made up the cuts. I think we are at 75% pre-announcement now.

So, the AOS is leaving us and she will be missed, I assure you. Now, let's see if another ship does indeed replace her.

A smaller ship makes more sense (as already pointed out: less cabins = higher price) as it also provides relief in the lift capacity issue. On the other hand, if maintaining a presence here is a corporate goal of RCL, then placing a ship with a higher cost structure will reduce RCL's ability to "fill the ship" with deep resident discounts since our GDP is half that of the poorest state.

On the other hand, just the opposite may happen and RCL may decide that a Freedom class ship is fill-able consistently but I see flight problems again in that scenario, especially in the winter season when Princess also has a ship in town as well. However, the cost per cabin is lower on this class of ships vs. Voyager class so our deep resident discounts might still be able to allow for 100% cabin occupancy sailings.

Purely personal thought here, but I would welcome the smaller ship since it doesn't have that Promenade. Just personal taste.

I just read about taking the Adventure of the Seas from San Juan to Malaga. It would be very dissapointed if they take that ship away from here. I hope they bring a good ship maybe one of the Freedom style.

Last summer (I think) when all the airlines announced their cuts in flight schedules, I posted something that - at the time - was almost considered heresy. I speculated that the reduction in lift capacity to SJU could mean that one (or even both) of our home-ported ships would leave. Currently we have the AOS and the Carnival Victory year round.

My thoughts were based on simple math. Take total ship passenger capacity, assume 25% local (as an average), and then divide the rest by the capacity of 757's which a lot of airlines fly here. It was something like 17 full flights without a single seat left for local tourism, business travelers, local travel, and those going on to other Caribbean islands through the SJU hub. Since the cuts were announced, and subsequently enacted, we have received new flights from other carriers but these haven't made up the cuts. I think we are at 75% pre-announcement now.

So, the AOS is leaving us and she will be missed, I assure you. Now, let's see if another ship does indeed replace her.

A smaller ship makes more sense (as already pointed out: less cabins = higher price) as it also provides relief in the lift capacity issue. On the other hand, if maintaining a presence here is a corporate goal of RCL, then placing a ship with a higher cost structure will reduce RCL's ability to "fill the ship" with deep resident discounts since our GDP is half that of the poorest state.

On the other hand, just the opposite may happen and RCL may decide that a Freedom class ship is fill-able consistently but I see flight problems again in that scenario, especially in the winter season when Princess also has a ship in town as well. However, the cost per cabin is lower on this class of ships vs. Voyager class so our deep resident discounts might still be able to allow for 100% cabin occupancy sailings.

Purely personal thought here, but I would welcome the smaller ship since it doesn't have that Promenade. Just personal taste.

Unfortunately, even though we had a great cruise on Serenade, we much prefer the Voyager class ships. There are some in my family that just HAVE to have the Promenade. It was nice having a choice of two classes of ships. If Adventure is not replaced with a Voyager or Freedom class ship I think our days of cruising out of San Juan might be over. And that is by far my favorite departure port with my favorite itineraries.

It is too bad that the airlines cut back flights to SJU. Even where schedules remained intact, many of the planes were switched from 767s to 757s which greatly decreased capacity.

I guess we just have to see how this all shakes out. So many changes and so hard to plan ahead....

Unfortunately, even though we had a great cruise on Serenade, we much prefer the Voyager class ships. There are some in my family that just HAVE to have the Promenade. It was nice having a choice of two classes of ships. If Adventure is not replaced with a Voyager or Freedom class ship I think our days of cruising out of San Juan might be over. And that is by far my favorite departure port with my favorite itineraries.

It is too bad that the airlines cut back flights to SJU. Even where schedules remained intact, many of the planes were switched from 767s to 757s which greatly decreased capacity.

I guess we just have to see how this all shakes out. So many changes and so hard to plan ahead....

The replacement ship will be important to us too if affected by this change. We primarily booked AOS because of the Promenade and the itinerary. We had been wanting to try Royal Caribbean for a while but hadn't found a great deal, now we have and there's a possibility it will get changed. I know the Promenade may not be a big deal to those of you that have sailed on these ships several times but it is something that we would like to experience at least one time. If our sailing does get changed and the ship is in the same class we'll be happy, if it gets replaced by a ship without one we will probably cancel.

I just checked with my Ta about all of this and she said that there isn't any info on this on the TA site.

We love taking So. Carib. cruises out of San Juan, and love the Radiance class ships. We're booked for a 5th time on Serenade for next January, and have begun looking at our flight options. I can verify that the cuts have really impacted our options. Fewer flights, higher costs... We're now looking at the reality that we'll have a much longer travel day to get down there, and may have to stay overnight coming back to find decent flights.

I phoned both RCI customer service and my travel agent. All either could tell me was that RCI was selling southern Caribbean itineraries out of San Juan on AOS through April 2010. So this is NOT happening in March

However, they couldn't tell me more than that as they said that redeployment information would not be posted until March of 2009.

If anyone gets any serious confirmation from Royal about this - including dates - I'd really like to know.

We intend to book NEXT WEEK for a southern Caribbean cruise in March 2010. We were leaning toward Serenade this time, since we've sailed Adventure and have never tried Radiance class. However, Adventure is my very favorite ship sailed to date and I hate the thought of never sailing on her again. We can't afford to sail out of Europe!

Please keep posting new information here! Enquiring minds want to know!!

I phoned both RCI customer service and my travel agent. All either could tell me was that RCI was selling southern Caribbean itineraries out of San Juan on AOS through April 2010. So this is NOT happening in March

However, they couldn't tell me more than that as they said that redeployment information would not be posted until March of 2009.

If anyone gets any serious confirmation from Royal about this - including dates - I'd really like to know.

We intend to book NEXT WEEK for a southern Caribbean cruise in March 2010. We were leaning toward Serenade this time, since we've sailed Adventure and have never tried Radiance class. However, Adventure is my very favorite ship sailed to date and I hate the thought of never sailing on her again. We can't afford to sail out of Europe!

Please keep posting new information here! Enquiring minds want to know!!

Since you have been on AOS you should try SOS. I think the second time on any ship the WOW factor just isn't there. I now try to book a different ship each time just to try something different. I LOVE the Radiance class but next up after AOS will probably be the Oasis or a Freedom class.

Explorer supposedly to Miami.

Question is: does Liberty stay put? Which ship will sail out of Bayonne? A swap? Liberty for Explorer.

So many options, so much speculation.

:D

If I were a betting man, I would bet that the Liberty moves north to Bayonne and the Explorer to Miami. :)

I will have to say goodbye to the Adventure in a few months.

Archived