help cruising in less than 2 weeks need to choose a hotel

cina54

Help!!!! I just canceled the Sofitel for I saw many recent bad posts. I saw many good reviews for the Marriott in the Dolphin Mall. The Inter-continental yes it is double the price but have stayed and is very nice and is nearby the port. We need to get toiletries for we are limited just traveling with carry-ons (not just to not pay for lugguage we have been doing this for years find it easier). Is the Bayside shopping area have a drug store and restaurants like the mall probably would?

Liberty Of the Seas 2/21/09

Help!!!! I just canceled the Sofitel for I saw many recent bad posts. I saw many good reviews for the Marriott in the Dolphin Mall. The Inter-continental yes it is double the price but have stayed and is very nice and is nearby the port. We need to get toiletries for we are limited just traveling with carry-ons (not just to not pay for lugguage we have been doing this for years find it easier). Is the Bayside shopping area have a drug store and restaurants like the mall probably would?

Go on Priceline and put in downtown Miami. I was able to get the Courtyard Marriott for $105 plus taxes. Also, there is a CVS within a block of the hotel and not far at all from the Bayside Market. I think it is in walking distance.

Good Luck and have a great cruise..Can't wait for ours.

we used priceline for downtown Miami, if you use 4 stars you usually get Hyatt or Intercontinental, both very good. I love priceline, you just have to be willing to take whatever you get, I have never had a bad experience, but know other people have.

Also at Bayside, dont remember a drug store, but did see something like a dollar store that had shampoo, toothpaste and the such, just not all brands.

Go to tripadvisor.com and it helps you bid on priceline.

Good Luck and have a great cruise

Hi,

I gave these directions for those people staying at the Holiday Inn across from the Bayside.

For those looking to buy soda, water and possibly something a bit stronger, here are the places to go near the Holiday Inn Port of Miami.

There is no liquor store in the Bayside. The Holiday Inn is directly across the street from the Bayside Marketplace.

If you walk out the front door of the Holiday Inn, go right on Biscayne Blvd until you get to E. Flagler Street (2 or 3 blocks?) and turn right. The whole street is stores. There is a Walgreen’s on the left a short block down and there is a liquor store across the street and down a little ways on the right. We missed it the first time. We found it the next day further down on the right side of the street. This is where all of the ships crews shop. A very large and reasonable store.

Here is a link for the Bayside marketplace.

Here is a site showing you the Marketplace and what it has to offer.

Bayside marketplace.

http://www.baysidemarketplace.com

Walgreen’s on E. Flagler Street

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge the map. ;)

How much are you willing to pay? I know where you can get the Inter-Continental 100 Chopin Plaza for $234 for the one night 2-20-09.

Jimbo:)

So I looked up the Bayside Mall in Miami, there is a Bath and Body works and also a hair salon. This is information for people who prefer products other than drug store brands.

It looks like they have a lot of restaurants there as well :)

Bayside Marketplace has a number of restaurants ranging from the very expensive to the moderately priced. It also has a food court on the second level. There are also a number of shops which would carry the sundries that you might want to purchase before your cruise.

Our experience with Priceline in getting excellent hotels in the downtown Miami area has been exceptionally good and we have paid as little as $40 a night and as much as $115 for hotels such as the Marriott Biscayne Bay, Radisson (now the Hilton Miami) and the Hyatt Regency. Some people have reported getting the Intercontinental for less than $100 a night. Prices will vary according to the dates you want to book your hotel but you can usually get a very good hotel for much less than you will pay if you book directly with the hotel.:) If you are only looking to stay one night before your cruise it is well worth the uncertainty as to which hotel you will get. Any and all of them are worth it.

Hi,

I gave these directions for those people staying at the Holiday Inn across from the Bayside.

For those looking to buy soda, water and possibly something a bit stronger, here are the places to go near the Holiday Inn Port of Miami.

There is no liquor store in the Bayside. The Holiday Inn is directly across the street from the Bayside Marketplace.

If you walk out the front door of the Holiday Inn, go right on Biscayne Blvd until you get to E. Flagler Street (2 or 3 blocks?) and turn right. The whole street is stores. There is a Walgreen’s on the left a short block down and there is a liquor store across the street and down a little ways on the right. We missed it the first time. We found it the next day further down on the right side of the street. This is where all of the ships crews shop. A very large and reasonable store.

Here is a link for the Bayside marketplace.

Here is a site showing you the Marketplace and what it has to offer.

Bayside marketplace.

http://www.baysidemarketplace.com

Walgreen’s on E. Flagler Street

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge the map. ;)

I was hoping that I would get the Holiday Inn myself when I bid on Priceline..but got the Courtyard Marriott instead. Not complaining at all about the hotel..it just the Holiday Inn is so convenient to everything..we have stayed there twice. And of course I love going to the Bayside Market Place. Hubby knows when we stay in Miami..I have to go there. My brother and his wife are going with us and this will be their first cruise so, we are going to take them to Bubba Gumps. Thanks for the link to Bayside. I know when I go there I am heading on a cruise the next day and I get very excited about it.

Can't help myself.

Sheila

Archived