For James Deering Fan Club

Shogun

Hi All,

James has left the Caribbean and is now on vacation,

he joins the Crown in the med in a two months,

he will be on leave again then is due to rejoin the Crown in November

so long as Princess do not move him,

yours Shogun

Count us as members of the JD Fan Club. We had the opportunity to sail w/ him shortly after he came to Princess on our Canada/New England voyage. The man in remarkable. One moment you'd see him near the Pursur's Desk, next moment he was 3 levels up chatting w/ passengers at one of the lounges. He's ninja like when it comes to his movement around the ship. He just appears, interacting w/ passengers to ensure everyone is having a great time.

We met him on Emerald for a Christmas cruise in 2007 when he came to our meet and greet. After that, we seemed to run into him everywhere on the ship. What a nice person and a great asset for Princess.

Unfortunately we won't be on Crown anytime soon. Sure wish he'd want to work Alaska this summer on the Coral as that's our major cruise this year.

Thanks Shogun.

We met James on the Crown Princess out of Brooklyn in September 2007. We came to the Cruise Critic M&G and we too then saw him all over the ship chatting it up with all the passengers.

Hi Folks,

I am sure James and many other Princess folk,

check up on us here to see what we are saying.

yours Shogun

Hi Shogun,I sent this thread to James and got an email back from him this morning that he is resting in Japan and enjoying his vacation.

I have to say that I am bummed too. Met James on the CB last Sept. at our CC M&G , and it seemed I would run into him every morning while going for coffee. He is the nicest person I have met on any of the Princess ships and he really does seem to care if your cruise is everything that you want it to be. Always willing to assist you with whatever you may need. Nothing to large or too small. I am sorry to hear he will not be back on the CB when we sail in march.:(

Hi there,

I hope that I can do at least one cruise this year on a ship that James is on,

he is the best PSD around such a nice person however I have been lucky enough to find the second nicest person working for Princess

Carlos Serrano De Rosa Maitre d' Hotel, currently on leave, I understand that he was the very first Maitre D Hotel on the Sea Princess he also took out the QM2 and Victoria.

yours Shogun

• 1 month later...

I don't know how I found this thread, but count me as a card carrying member of the James Deering Fan Club!

I had the absolute pleasure of meeting him when he was the Hotel Director on NCL's Star in 2003 - if I recall correctly, he would skim these boards and made an appearance at our informal Cruise Critic meeting.

What a great guy!

Count us as members of the JD Fan Club. We had the opportunity to sail w/ him shortly after he came to Princess on our Canada/New England voyage. The man in remarkable. One moment you'd see him near the Pursur's Desk, next moment he was 3 levels up chatting w/ passengers at one of the lounges. He's ninja like when it comes to his movement around the ship. He just appears, interacting w/ passengers to ensure everyone is having a great time.

I was on the same cruise as martij6, yes James did attend our meet & greet and was a very gracious PSD. He answered as many questions as we all had and was a very visible part of the crew after our first meeting. Happy vacation James.:)

I also am a James Deering fan club member. We just got back from The Ruby last week and Andreas Pitsch was the PSD and I now equally adore him.

Excepts for how they look, they operate in an almost identical manner.

Both are witty and charming and care geniunely about the passengers.

We are big fans of James Deering. Met him on the Crown in Oct 2007. He came to our CC M&G and we saw him & chatted so many times afterwards. He is such an asset to Princess and I hope they are able to retain him, as we hope to sail with him again. He is a true gentleman and is extremely knowledgable & helpful.

- if I recall correctly, he would skim these boards and made an appearance at our informal Cruise Critic meeting.

He certainly did skim these boards. I met him on the Norwegian Star in 2002. I hadn't planned on going to the CC meeting, as the friend I was traveling with wasn't a CC member and wasn't really interested in it. However, at the appointed time, I answered the phone in our cabin, and Mr. Deering was on the line asking if this was the Joanne G. who posts on CC. He had read a post I had made earlier in the day, then scanned the passenger log for a Joanne G. Well, I couldn't refuse the personal invitation, so off we went to the CC meeting. He and several other senior hotel staffers were there, and they did everything possible to make our cruise especially enjoyable. He and his staff didn't hide in their offices - they were out and about, all over the ship, all day long.

I will be on the CB later this year, and I am sorry he will be gone by then. He is one of a kind.

Archived