Will we make it?

Party Teacher

We'll be taking a motorcoach from Denali to Anchorage. According to the website, the bus gets in to Anchorage (hopefully the airport!) at 1:30 p.m. Our flight leaves at 3:00. Is this too close?

PT

In my opinion yes. Anchorage airport is very congested and really requires a 2 hour window. DOES this bus go to the airport??? IF it isn't mentioned, you need to find out. What "bus" is this??? If it drops off downtown, then you have a 20 minute cab ride to the airport to contend with. Are you on a cruisetour, independent bus etc etc??? I suggest you make other arrangements. You have a slim chance of making this flight, if this is a downtown drop off bus.

Thanks for the quick reply BQ. We are going independent, but trying to

avoid renting a car. I'm looking at the Park Connection bus (Denali/ANC). I suppose I should call them and see where they drop off in ANC huh? Our return flights are very limited, the 3:00 flight was the only one that worked. Otherwise we'd have to spend another night in ANC.

PT

PT, your timing seems tight, but it might work. On the Park Connection bus schedule -- the PDF, not the web page -- it does specifically mention drop off locations at the airport and the Anchorage Museum downtown. But it can't be at both places at 1:30, and the schedule doesn't say where they go first. The airport is south of downtown, and you can drive right by the museum on the way to the airport, so they might do the airport second -- and if so, I think you'd be cutting it uncomfortably close. On the other hand, the bus continues its journey south to Seward, leaving at 3 pm from the museum, so maybe they do go to the airport first, then loop back up to downtown to drop off and depart from the museum. I think you just have to call them and ask where they drop off first, and whether you can be confident of arriving at the airport by 1:30.

-- Eric

Archived