Pool question-is everyone tan and beautiful?

lissaw16

Just wondering, do you see all shapes & sizes hanging around the pools? I'm a bit of a plus-sized girl, and wondering how self-conscious I'm going to be, with my Minnesota-pale skin and my mom-suit (you know, the one with the skirt).

Where have you ever been that EVERYONE is gorgeous, tan, and perfect???? Nowhere, you say? It's the same on a ship! You'll see all sizes, shapes, and most will be wearing things that they would NEVER wear at home, in front of people they know!

Do NOT worry about your looks!

My favorites are the European women who wear a bikini with absolutely no concern how their body looks. My husband wishes I was as unselfconscious as they are. :eek: Then I ask him if he'll wear the skimpy speedo that the European men wear? He of course would, becasue he couldn't really care less!:) I won't let him!!!!:D

Thank you all for your quick responses. That's kind of what I expected, and hoped to hear.

I was just thinking about my own experience/perceptions (at a water park in Wisconsin), the "fluffy" people were usually chasing their kids through the kiddie pool, while the "beautiful people" (the skinny, young ones) were lying on beach chairs working on their tans.

I was hoping to sit on a pool chair and watch people (favorite hobby-people watching) without feeling like I was the only "fat" one out there.

I think there are more plus sizes and super plus sizes than normal weight folks on cruises Iv been on. The only issue for some is there is a 250 lb weight limit on some excursions that can be a issue, but the folks who love to cruise, many of them are plus plus sizes. They still get into a bathing suit and do everything there is to do on the ship. Iv cruised too when I was a plus size.

Thank you all for your quick responses. That's kind of what I expected, and hoped to hear.

I was just thinking about my own experience/perceptions (at a water park in Wisconsin), the "fluffy" people were usually chasing their kids through the kiddie pool, while the "beautiful people" (the skinny, young ones) were lying on beach chairs working on their tans.

I was hoping to sit on a pool chair and watch people (favorite hobby-people watching) without feeling like I was the only "fat" one out there.

Don't be ridiculous. I see your avatar and you are beautiful. Go out there and flaunt it. You would be surprised how many of us "skinny girls" wished we had your boobage.

Just wondering, do you see all shapes & sizes hanging around the pools? I'm a bit of a plus-sized girl, and wondering how self-conscious I'm going to be, with my Minnesota-pale skin and my mom-suit (you know, the one with the skirt).

You will be amazed at the differences, from fat to fit, from brown as a nutshell to white as a fish underbelly. Old, young, tight bodies and flabby.

You'll be fine.

P.S. Another phenomena you're likely to see: someone who THINKS they look hot in a bikini or speedo......and they don't...... If you are a people watcher, the pool is a great place to get some (quiet) chuckles.....;)

I am also a fluffy gal:p and sit pool side without worry on a cruise. But please watch out for the sun! It is fierce for those of us who live in the cold climates and see our first sun on a cruise in the spring. I only had to get burned once before I learned my lesson, but it almost ruined the trip!

I wouldn't worry, even those who have skinny bodies when they start the cruise are a bit fluffier by the end.

Haha!! :D You got that right! I am pretty small but I gained about 5 pounds on our last cruise. I am the type that any extra weight makes me look fluffy so I was definitely fluffier by the end with all my clothes starting to feel real tight.

Don't worry about the way you look, no one is perfect, and just have a great time on your first cruise!!

Don't be ridiculous. I see your avatar and you are beautiful. Go out there and flaunt it. You would be surprised how many of us "skinny girls" wished we had your boobage.

LMAO, my avatar doesn't show my "boobage"... unfortunately I was blessed by the "booty" fairy, not the "booby" fairy!

Once you see the fat, hairy guy in the Speedo, you won't have a care in the world what you look like... you'll be too busy trying to erase that vision from your memory. LOL!

When we say ALL shapes and sizes, we're NOT kidding. ;)

You'll be fine in your "mom" swimsuit.

I always want to regurgitate when I see a 50 something man, 40 pounds overweight strutting his stuff in a speedo. But hey, it's his vacation I guess. (Dang, I think the mental image just ruined my dinner........)

My wife hates speedos. She doesn't even like to see guys in them that have the physique for it. Or so she tells me.......

I am also a fluffy gal:p and sit pool side without worry on a cruise. But please watch out for the sun! It is fierce for those of us who live in the cold climates and see our first sun on a cruise in the spring. I only had to get burned once before I learned my lesson, but it almost ruined the trip!

Try to find the aloe cooling gel on the ship about half way through the cruise....none to be found...been there, done that :o but I know I'm not alone.

And lissaw1, if that is you in the picture, and I am assuming it is, you are not fat to begin with. I was selfconscience on my first cruise, didn't even bring a suit. Then we did a mediteranian cruise...that solved that problem...if they could do it so could I. I'm there to relax, get away from the snow, get some color, enjoy the whirlpool and sauna, and if someone dosen't have anything else to do but talk about but the size of my butt then I guess I'll help them out and give them something to talk about :eek: ;)

ENJOY YOUR CRUISE!!!! (you might want to pack that aloe cooling gel before you leave home :eek: :D)

Archived