YouTube Travel Videos

Cruzer Two

Fellow Cruise Critic Members:

I have produced over seventy videos using digital photographs from my travels in Central America, South America, Antarctica, Europe, Asia, Australia and the South Pacific.

Northern European excursions include the Netherlands, Belgium, France, England, Scotland, Ireland, and Iceland.

The photographs were edited using Ulead Video Studio 11 – a program that allows the user to add motion to still photographs; captions and titles; and a sound track to create a motion picture effect.

If you are interested in viewing any of these videos go to www.youtube.com and type my user name – CruzerToo – in the search box.

In the lower right hand portion of the screen is a link that allows you to select to view in high quality. Clicking on this link greatly enhances the quality of the picture. In addition, in the lower left hand portion of the viewing screen, registered users of YouTube (it’s free) can rate the quality/content of the videos.

CruzerTwo aka CruzerToo

I have produced over seventy videos using digital photographs from my travels in Central America, South America, Antarctica, Europe, Asia, Australia and the South Pacific.

Northern European excursions include the Netherlands, Belgium, France, England, Scotland, Ireland, and Iceland.

The photographs were edited using Ulead Video Studio 11 – a program that allows the user to add motion to still photographs; captions and titles; and a sound track to create a motion picture effect.

If you are interested in viewing any of these videos go to www.youtube.com and type my user name – CruzerToo – in the search box.

In the lower right hand portion of the screen is a link that allows you to select to view in high quality. Clicking on this link greatly enhances the quality of the picture. In addition, in the lower left hand portion of the viewing screen, registered users of YouTube (it’s free) can rate the quality/content of the videos.

CruzerTwo aka CruzerToo

Just to clarify my original message:

This information was posted under the British Isles and Western Europe “Ports of Call” section of the boards and was appropriately moved to this section by the Cruise Critic admin staff.

In addition to the Northern European excursions mentioned in the original post, there are videos for excursions in Central America, South America, Antarctica, Europe, Asia, Australia and the South Pacific.

The video description contains additional information about the excursions.

Other videos have recently been posted.

For a sample click on the link below to the Belfast, Northern Ireland & Antrim Coast video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqgpEStcZZY

CruzerTwo aka CruzerToo

Dear CruzerToo,

Thank you very much for sharing your videos with us. Wish we could have been your companions on some of those trips. You brought back fond memories of our visit to Ronda.

Beautifully done presentations. Loved the music too.

Dear CruzerToo,

Thank you very much for sharing your videos with us. Wish we could have been your companions on some of those trips. You brought back fond memories of our visit to Ronda.

Beautifully done presentations. Loved the music too.

Kayzie,

Thanks for the nice compliments. I'm glad you enjoyed the videos. As you can see, anything to do with travel is my passion.

We actually visited Ronda quite by accident. Our port call in Casablanca was canceled because of terrorist activity. The port of Malaga was added at the last minute by Princess. Consequently, the shore excursion choices were limited. We would liked to have gone to Alhambra, but this was not one of the choices so we decided to go to Ronda.

Ronda turned out to be a delightful little town. We spent a wonderful day sightseeing, eating, and drinking Spanish wine. And we too have some fond memories of Ronda.

Cruzer Two

:)Two people from Melbourne saying hello to both of you. Trish and Richard Mitchell from the Diamond Asian cruise wanting to thankyou for posting your fabulous personal YouTube videos.

I stumbled on them when I saw your name, the ironing didn't get done today, I spent so long looking at your videos. They bought back wonderful memories, the quality was so good Ron. Well done.

We are off on the 18th April on the Dawn Princess, Sydney/Honolulu for eighteen nights. It is actually a Sydney/Sydney trip but we have to hop off half way. One 1 is still working hard, although he is retiring in October. There will be no stopping us then.

It looks as if you had a wonderful cruise on the Sapphire last year with a fun group, please come back and visit again.

Hope you are both well and no doubt planning your next adventures.

Best wishes,

The Mitchells :)

:)Two people from Melbourne saying hello to both of you. Trish and Richard Mitchell from the Diamond Asian cruise wanting to thankyou for posting your fabulous personal YouTube videos.

I stumbled on them when I saw your name, the ironing didn't get done today, I spent so long looking at your videos. They bought back wonderful memories, the quality was so good Ron. Well done.

We are off on the 18th April on the Dawn Princess, Sydney/Honolulu for eighteen nights. It is actually a Sydney/Sydney trip but we have to hop off half way. One 1 is still working hard, although he is retiring in October. There will be no stopping us then.

It looks as if you had a wonderful cruise on the Sapphire last year with a fun group, please come back and visit again.

Hope you are both well and no doubt planning your next adventures.

Best wishes,

The Mitchells :)

Dear Trish and Richard,

Yes, I do indeed remember you from the Diamond Princess, Beijing to Bangkok, cruise in 2005. It was so good to hear from some of our Ozzie friends again. That was such a great cruise. I’m glad my videos brought back fond memories.

We did have another wonderful cruise last year on the Sapphire Princess from Sydney to Los Angeles. I will soon be posting more videos of this cruise, including one of your home town of Melbourne. Another very nice Ozzie couple from Melbourne – Ray and Mirella Canny – hosted a tour of Melbourne for a small group of our K.O.A.L.A. group.

In case people are wondering about the captions on the Australia and South Pacific videos – K.O.A.L.A. is an acronym that stands for Kruising Out of Australia to Los Angeles. This was the name of our Cruise Critic group that numbered around 150 people. Almost all of the shore excursions on this cruise were private tours arranged by various members of the K.O.A.L.A. group.

Good luck to Richard in retirement and we hope to see you again sometime on the high seas.

All the best,

Ron & Carol

Hi Ron,

I don't know if you saw my post on the other thread before it was moved to this one, but I wanted to let you know that I really enjoyed your videos!! I also posted videos of the KOALA cruise on http://coopercornertx.tripod.com/index.htm . Ya'll are in quite a few of those!!

How are you and Carol doing? We really enjoyed meeting ya'll, and I hope we get to cruise together again sometime. I promise that if we cruise together again sometime, I'll be sure and let Jody know when and where the sail-away parties are going to be!!:D

We are going on the Diamond Princess repositioning cruise from Bangkok to Anchorage in April, and we are really excited! We have a large CC group on this cruise too, and I hope we will have as much fun as we did on the Sapphire cruise.

It was great to relive some great memories thru your videos!!:)

Tell Carol we say, "Hi!!"

Jan and Jody (jrcooper)

Hi Ron,

I don't know if you saw my post on the other thread before it was moved to this one, but I wanted to let you know that I really enjoyed your videos!! I also posted videos of the KOALA cruise on http://coopercornertx.tripod.com/index.htm . Ya'll are in quite a few of those!!

How are you and Carol doing? We really enjoyed meeting ya'll, and I hope we get to cruise together again sometime. I promise that if we cruise together again sometime, I'll be sure and let Jody know when and where the sail-away parties are going to be!!:D

We are going on the Diamond Princess repositioning cruise from Bangkok to Anchorage in April, and we are really excited! We have a large CC group on this cruise too, and I hope we will have as much fun as we did on the Sapphire cruise.

It was great to relive some great memories thru your videos!!:)

Tell Carol we say, "Hi!!"

Jan and Jody (jrcooper)

Hi Jan,

Yes, I have seen Coopers Capers – great pictures and a very professional presentation.

I’m glad you enjoyed the videos on my YouTube Travel Channel. The original sound tracks on two of my favorite videos were removed by YouTube because of a dispute between Google and UMG over copyright infringement laws. This is a shame because the right music really enhances the overall experience of the video.

The original sound track on Bora Bora was Iz doing Somewhere over the Rainbow.

The original sound track on Pago Pago was Jimmy Buffet doing Cheeseburgers in Pardise. I’m sure you’ll agree this was a great choice of music for the day we spent at Tisa’s Barefoot Bar.

Speaking of Tisa’s Bare Foot Bar, this was certainly a day to remember – what fun!

We too enjoyed meeting you and Jody and look forward to sailing with you again sometime.

Happy Cruising,

Ron

CruzerTwo aka CruzerToo

Awesome Videos, thanks for sharing. Only been through a couple right now and they're amazing, thanks for sharing.

Your videos are fantastic. Where haven't you been? No where I think?

I could not find San Juan del Sur Nicaragua on your U tube link.

How fantastic to do all that together and to take such good photography and put it all together. Must drag myself away from your videos or I will never be organised to get on the boat for the cruise.

Well done

Kathy

Your videos are fantastic. Where haven't you been? No where I think?

I could not find San Juan del Sur Nicaragua on your U tube link.

How fantastic to do all that together and to take such good photography and put it all together. Must drag myself away from your videos or I will never be organised to get on the boat for the cruise.

Well done

Kathy

Kathy,

Thanks for the wonderful comments. For the San Juan del Sur video

click on Sort By: Title and look for Granada (San Juan Dl Sur), Nicaragua.

Cruzer Two

The video was great. So what you are saying is take the Princess excursion to Granada too make sure we make it back before the ship sales?

Were you worried about mosquito's and malaria? What precautions do you take? Our doctor checked out the countries in South America and it seems that Nicaragua is the most at risk country that we are visiting. The doctor said that you can take tablets a couple of days before and a couple of weeks after, you can wear long sleeve shirt and you can take insecticide. You have obviously been out amongst the rainforest so what do you do?

What equipment do you use to make those marvellous videos? And so many of them!

Regards

Kathy

The video was great. So what you are saying is take the Princess excursion to Granada too make sure we make it back before the ship sales?

Were you worried about mosquito's and malaria? What precautions do you take? Our doctor checked out the countries in South America and it seems that Nicaragua is the most at risk country that we are visiting. The doctor said that you can take tablets a couple of days before and a couple of weeks after, you can wear long sleeve shirt and you can take insecticide. You have obviously been out amongst the rainforest so what do you do?

What equipment do you use to make those marvellous videos? And so many of them!

Regards

Kathy

Kathy,

I will answer your questions regarding the shore excursion under the Nicaragua thread in the Port Call section so that we can keep this thread germane to the topic and so other people can see my answer regarding the Nicaragua shore excursion.

The equipment I use for the videos is simply a digital camera and the Ulead VideoStudio 11 computer program for editing the photos. The camera is a Canon PowerShot SD850 IS. I would prefer a more powerful lens, but I like the size of the Canon – it fits in my shirt pocket.

Ulead VideoStudio allows the user to add motion, titles, and sound tracts to digital photos. The program is pretty user friendly and can be learned is a short amount of time. Actually making a video is quite time consuming, but this give me something to do when we are not traveling. The 3 to 5 minute videos I posted on Youtube were clipped from longer programs I had previously produced of our trips. This required reformatting the original video using the Microsoft Movie Maker program and cutting the original video into smaller clips.

It is not nearly as complicated as it sounds.

Thanks again for the nice comments.

Happy Cruising,

Ron

Important Update:

The name of the country now appears first in the video title followed by the port name in brackets if the port name is different from the name of city. This should make it easier to find a specific video.

Thanks to everyone for all the nice comments. Almost 3,000 world wide viewers have seen the videos since I first started posting them two weeks ago – amazing.

Cruzer Two

Cruzer Two,

I'm enjoying your You Tube videos very much....Could you please tell me the name of the music you have accompanying your Naples-Amalfi-Sorrento video. :p

Thank you,

Judy

Hi Judy,

I'm pleased that you are enjoying my YouTube videos. Putting these together has brought back some fond memories from our travels. It has been fun putting these together. The song on the Sorrento/Amalfi Coast video is Torna 'a Surriento (Return to Sorrento) by Sergio Franchi. It is on his Romantic Italian Songs album.

Ron

British Isles & Western Europe Shore Excursions:

I have posted some videos on Youtube that highlight several shore excursions in Belgium, England, France, Greenland, Iceland, Ireland, Netherlands, Portugal, and Scotland.

Click on the link below for information on viewing these videos:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=926243

Cruzer Two

MediterraneanShore Excursions:

I have posted videos on Youtube that highlight several shore excursions in Croatia, Gibraltar, Greece, Greek Isles, Italy, Montenegro, Slovenia, Sapin and Turkey.

PacificIslandShore Excursions:

I have posted videos on Youtube that highlight several shore excursions in American Samoa, Cook Islands, Fiji, French Polynesia, and Singapore.

Cruzer Two

Central & South AmericaShore Excursions:

I have posted videos on Youtube that highlight shore excursions in Argentina, Aruba, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Curacao, Falkland Islands, Guatemala, Nicaragua, Panama Canal, and Uraguay.

Cruzer Two

PacificIslandShore Excursions:

I have posted videos on Youtube that highlight several shore excursions in American Samoa, Cook Islands, Fiji, French Polynesia, and Singapore.

Cruzer Two