Radiance Class Seaview cafe

do anyone of the radiance ships still have the seafood shack?

I'm not sure that any of the other Radiance class ships ever changed from Seaview Cafe (excluding the Brilliance which has its unique pizza, pasta and panini menu). My only experience was with Jewel and as we know the Seafood Shack on JW was a failed experiment. Perhaps past passengers on Radiance and Serenade can fill us in.:)

The Brilliance menu is more to my taste as I don't like seafood.

The Seaview Cafe on the other ships is not primarily seafood. It features Cuban sandwiches, Reubens, hot dogs and burgers. The fish and chips are to my mind the least impressive item on the menu. On some previous posts there are photos of the Seaview Cafe menu on all the ships except the Brilliance and you can see that seafood does not predominate.:)

Just remember that the Seaview Cafe on the Brilliance has a different menu from the rest of the Radiance class ships: pizza,pasta, and panini. :)

Mmm yum!! Sounds good, those are some of my favs! Looking forward to trying this out in April. Does anyone happen to have the Brilliance menu? I would love to see exactly what kinds of items it serves! :D

While sailing on the Serenade we absolutely loved the Seaview. While sailing on the Radiance, we were disappointed. The onion rings we obviously frozen and deep fried. The Rueban sandwich had one small piece of corn beef on it. So needless to say it may depend on the ship and the cooks preparing the food. It is however about the only place to get late night snacks. So enjoy, maybe.

i have heard that alot of people have missed it they said its kind of hidden away in the back of the ship hopefully i will find it.

As you are leaving the inside eating area of the Windjammer going to the outside eating area there is a stairway on your right (this is on the starboard side of the ship) that leads up to the Seaview Cafe. I assume it would be the opposite if you were leaving the inside eating area on the other(port) side of the ship, but I'm not sure about port side. It is kind of hidden, so you have to be aware of looking for the stairway. Good Luck!

Ooops!...just saw Wrona's post on Page 2, so I guess maybe you cannot access the Seaview Cafe from the port side.

As you are leaving the inside eating area of the Windjammer going to the outside eating area there is a stairway on your right (this is on the starboard side of the ship) that leads up to the Seaview Cafe. I assume it would be the opposite if you were leaving the inside eating area on the other(port) side of the ship, but I'm not sure about port side. It is kind of hidden, so you have to be aware of looking for the stairway. Good Luck!

Ooops!...just saw Wrona's post on Page 2, so I guess maybe you cannot access the Seaview Cafe from the port side.

thanks if i cant find it i will just ask

The Seaview isn't that much of a secret on the sailings I have been on, it is always crowded. When we were on the Jewel last September, it was the Seafood Shak and I had a mussel bisque in a bread bowl that was mmmmm mmmm good, however other seafood items didn't jump out and I am a seafood lover. It sounds like it has gone back to the original menu. I have eaten there on the Radiance, Serenade and Jewel.

[quote name='Canukcruisenewbie']My heart rate is increasing in anticipation of the Cuban sandwich and onion rings. (So is my cholesterol...)[/quote]

:) There's no cholesterol in cruise food. It's kind of like eating bacon on Sunday mornings. You get a waiver!

(Was it a good try?)

[quote name='negc']I'm not sure that any of the other Radiance class ships ever changed from Seaview Cafe (excluding the Brilliance which has its unique pizza, pasta and panini menu). My only experience was with Jewel and as we know the Seafood Shack on JW was a failed experiment. Perhaps past passengers on Radiance and Serenade can fill us in.:)[/quote]

Jan. '09 Serenade had the Seaview Cafe - no Seafood Shack.

My husband did make the mistake of thinking the shakes would be as good as Johnny Rockets and they were not! He was so bummed as he had been looking forward to a shake the whole cruise.

Everything else was SO good - love the onion rings!

• 1 month later...
i have one last question about the seaview cafe, is there a charge? i seen that they serve nathans hot dogs and i have had them on other ships in johnny rockets but there is a charge to get in is there any charge for any of the stuff serverd in the seaview?

Archived