Transatlantic eastbound with the Independence

Tafkas

I booked that sailing way back in MAy 2007 for an E2 1399. I thought that wasa good price for 13 days.I cancelled it last April and am kicking myself ever since. Amazing prices on a great ship. There will be lots of room especially if it is not full which I don't think it is.

Anybody going on that cruise? The prices right now are just phenomenal.

We are going on this cruise. The board for this on the roll call is super active. I am looking forward to the 2 weeks and the minimal port focus - we are all about the boat time, so I think a TA is perfect for us.

We have splurged and are staying in a Royal Family Suite - even though it's expensive, it is way cheaper than any other cruise to have this cabin and for twice the duration!

It is our 10th anniversary and my husband's 50th - so a great celebration trip.

Bon Voyage!

We are on the sailing - booked Jan 2008 and have already had 3 price drops for a D2. The total of the balcony guarantee now is actually equal to the price per person last year.

If we didn't already have a cabin in a "perfect" location for us we would drop to the guarantee.

Noted the MAJOR price drop while at work, called wife at home, booked 2 hours later. Never did a transatlantic b4 but this was hundreds less than the fall cruise we were planning.

Discovered a nice deal with Air Canaada to return to the States, too. Set the return portion of ticket to coincide with ship departure back to States in November JUST in case they have major price drop.

Anybody going on that cruise? The prices right now are just phenomenal.

We had no plans to cruise now as we have the westbound on the Indy booked for November. DH called me and I at first said no, then thought about it. A balcony for $699, then take the "senior" over 55 rate and the C&A Diamond discount and it becomes $499 for a Balcony for 13 days. I called him back and said BOOK IT! We ended up with a pretty good cabin location, too (a D2). We have never booked after final payment was due. We usually book like a year in advance. We had been booked on the Equinox fall transatlantic, but then switched to the westbound Indy in January so 2009 has already been a season of firsts! We tried to get friends and relatives to come along but no one seems interested:(. Maybe that is why this deal came out.

What airport do you use for your flight back from Southhampton?

Wendy

I'm no expert - but when we sailed with RCCL 11/08 transatlantic from London to Ft. Lauderdale - we paid for the RCCL transfer from Heathrow to Southhampton. They also offered a transfer from Gatwick.

Check out the roll call thread - and you should find some help on it on how to make the transfer if you don't want to pay RCCL.

I remember there being multiple options including a hired car, or taking a train. But for us - I wanted no hassles after the long flight over, so we paid to be carted to the ship. It was about 1.5 - 2 hour bus ride and it was worth every penny - they met us at the airport and that was the last thing I had to think about.

However, when going from the ship to shore - I don't usually pay for a transfer because I'm not too tired to figure it out for myself. But after a TA night flight - my brain is mush :D

Just call and get the lower rate! I am assuming you live in the US as you show "midwest" for location. Brits don't get the lower rates, but you can.
Correction - Brits DO get the lower rates. So long as there are rooms left in that category. Many UK TAs claim not to know about it but more and more people seem to be reading these boards and cottoning on !

Archived