Who get's "stuffed up"?

Hockey Addict

Hey everyone....

I've been sick all week. I have been all stuffy. It got me thinking about our cruise....

Whenever we would go out to a open deck my nose would start to get stuffy. My eyes would water and I had to find a tissue... in a hurry.

Usually the air would dry my eyes out so I brought eye drops with me. I didn't have to use them at all the entire cruise...

Next time I'll make sure I have a bunch of tissues with me wherever we go... I think I'm going to bring some with lotion because all of my pics by the end of the cruise I looked like rudolph! Maybe some allergy pills too??

Does anyone else get stuffy? Is it just me??

Nope, if anything sea air clears up sinuses. I've been stuffy with sinusitis for the last 10 days, but have never had a problem on a cruise. I've never been sick on vacation, except the first time I cruised and discovered I get motion sick, but that was quickly remedied.:p

.... opposite effect on me. Went on my first cruise in January and once we got out to sea, my stuffiness cleared up the whole time we where on the ship. I even stayed pretty clear for a few days after getting back home. Sorry to say, I'm back to normal.... stuffy in the mornings.

I have a tendency to get stuffed up on the first day or so. It think it's a difference in the humidity or the air pressure. Do you get a sinus infection when you fly too? I thought I was the only one:o

No, nothing when I fly... but then again it's been YEARS since I have flown anywhere. But in the past I didn't.

I seem to have the opposite - the warm salt air clears any sinus issues I have right up. Anything from minor allergies to the nasty sinus infection I fought for a month before our last cruise. Had done 10 days of antibiotic and was somewhat better but still had a lot of nagging sinus issues. Less than 12 hours out to sea and they were magically cleared up - and didn't bother me at all the rest of the cruise.

On our first cruise, we met a guy who had a really nasty cold. I saw him the next morning, and he said his cold felt better. He said he fell in the water,(won't go into the details!) and he was amazed his sniffles were gone!

Salt water nose drops were our best friend when our kids were little. So, a dip in the drink can't hurt, either!;)

When cruising in the tropical sea air, I have no problems. But, once I return home and back to work, sniffles develop. I think the allergy lies there.....................:eek:

Yeah, I think I'm allergic to work too.:D

My allergies this year have been awful, I am miserable right now as I type :( The cedar and mold in San Antonio this year has been off the charts....I can't wait to go on my cruise in a couple weeks because my head always feels so clear when I am out in the sea air. Sorry to hear it has the opposit effect on you.

Hey everyone....

I've been sick all week. I have been all stuffy. It got me thinking about our cruise....

Whenever we would go out to a open deck my nose would start to get stuffy. My eyes would water and I had to find a tissue... in a hurry.

Usually the air would dry my eyes out so I brought eye drops with me. I didn't have to use them at all the entire cruise...

Next time I'll make sure I have a bunch of tissues with me wherever we go... I think I'm going to bring some with lotion because all of my pics by the end of the cruise I looked like rudolph! Maybe some allergy pills too??

Does anyone else get stuffy? Is it just me??

Archived