Majesty Cabin Sizes???

teacherman

We have done 9 cruises on other lines, but are considering Norwegian Majesty to Bermuda, out of Baltimore. We did this cruise several years ago on Celebrity's Horizon, an older, smaller ship and had a great time. BUT, the cabin size on Majesty looks extremely small. It says insides are 108 sq feet and many outsides are about 145 sq feet. For those that have done this ship, is there anyplace to hang clothes or put them in drawers? From reading reviews, it seems like people either love this ship or hate it. Any comments/advice/recommendations are welcome. Thank you.

Superior's are 145 sq. ft., regardless of whether it's an inside or OV. I've stayed in both and the larger one is plenty roomy. How many will be in one cabin? A cabin that can accommodate 4, is a bit larger.

I can only tell you our experiences on Majesty have been wonderful. I don't know if you'll like her or not, b/c I don't know you.

If size is really important, suites are available.

Edited by AWinkler

we had an inside superior jj stateroom 145 sq ft.last year and will be staying in same only deck 6 this time.we have three in our room. my dd is 9 and she loves the bunk bed it has a ladder and its so much fun for her.there is plenty room for clothes storage. there are drawers to put clothes in and a closet.we stored our empty suitcases under the beds and that helps with organization.there are two night stands that have drawers in them as well.all shoes were placed on the bottom of the closet floor.so there shouldnt be an issue of space imo.;)I love this ship!!!! I leave in about 3-4 weeks and I cant wait to get on:eek:have a gret time!!!!

We did the Majesty last year & had an OV cabin on the Majesty Deck (647) and it was 108 sq ft. It had enough closet and drawer space for us. There wasn't an overabundance, but certainly enough. I've also cruised on the Horizon several times & was in a standard balcony cabin each time & my recollection is that those cabins were larger...but the Majesty cabin definitely was good enough. We loved our Majesty cruise...the crew was among the best ever.

I cruised Majesty twice in the last 6 Months, and had a Cat CC (145 Sq Ft), and Cat E (108 Sq Ft), and I like both cabins, but the Cat CC was much better.

I took many cabin photos which can be found HERE

Just click on Majesty Bermuda 2008

Radio

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

we were on the majesty of the seas on the new years cruise. we had cabin 803. it was a superior. there was a fair amount of closit and darwerspace. the bathroom was very small. the only complant about this cabin was if we had our window open people could look up at us from the running deck. we kept our shades closed most of the time.

we did happen to step in to a standard oceanview on deck seven. OMG! those cabins were so small! we saw very little darwer space and two small closits. I WOULD NOT TAKE A STANDRD OCEANVIEW CABIN!:eek::eek::eek::eek:

We have done 9 cruises on other lines, but are considering Norwegian Majesty to Bermuda, out of Baltimore. We did this cruise several years ago on Celebrity's Horizon, an older, smaller ship and had a great time. BUT, the cabin size on Majesty looks extremely small. It says insides are 108 sq feet and many outsides are about 145 sq feet. For those that have done this ship, is there anyplace to hang clothes or put them in drawers? From reading reviews, it seems like people either love this ship or hate it. Any comments/advice/recommendations are welcome. Thank you.

Majesty cabins are small and smaller, but they do have drawer space, shevles and a closet. The superior cabins, CC I think are 145 SF. The less expesive ones are 108 sf. We usually book a G on deck 8, 108 sf. It's cosy but ok for 2.

We did the Majesty last year & had an OV cabin on the Majesty Deck (647) and it was 108 sq ft. It had enough closet and drawer space for us. There wasn't an overabundance, but certainly enough. I've also cruised on the Horizon several times & was in a standard balcony cabin each time & my recollection is that those cabins were larger...but the Majesty cabin definitely was good enough. We loved our Majesty cruise...the crew was among the best ever.

I don't think the horizon had any balcony cabins. I really loved the crew on the majesty TOO!

We booked on the Majesty in June. Just a heads up, check on NCL's website for cabin size as our online TA had category II incorrect for the cabin that we booked. We decided to pay extra for the additional square feet, but had to request a room change to insure that we actually got the extra footage.

Another thing to be aware of is there are MANY inside cabins that do not have convertible beds. They must remain separated. Be sure that if you want a double bed that you book the correct room.

I spent nearly 2 hours finding a room in category II that was 145 square feet with convertible beds.

We are excited to give the Majesty a try...

We have done 9 cruises on other lines, but are considering Norwegian Majesty to Bermuda, out of Baltimore. We did this cruise several years ago on Celebrity's Horizon, an older,............ Any comments/advice/recommendations are welcome. Thank you.

We did a number of cruises to Bermuda on the Horizon's sister ship, the Zenith. The Horizon and Zenith's cabins were larger(172 sq. ft.) so definitely go with the superior OV on the Majesty. We adjusted quite well with less space...now the bathroom is another story compared to the H and the Z. If you liked the Horizon, I think the Majesty has the same sort of "feel".:)

I agree. the horizon was one of my favorite ships ever!!:)I was so sad when the ship went out of service. the crew was so attentive and nice. i did get that special something on the magisty to. the ship is old but very charming:). the cabins are a step down but are really fine if you get a superior cabin.

Imagine how small those cabins would be if the beds were regular twin size and not cot size? I shared a CC cabin with my sister so our beds were separated. I could not believe how small 145 sf is. The last time we had a suite which was a good size but not worth the extra money. Plus that cabin had a few things that needed to be fixed so it was less impressive. I happen to be one that is not fond of the Majesty. I was there to help my dad with my handicapped mom. We would have gone on a different ship but that was the only choice out of Boston. I like the newer, BIGGER ships with lots of space and lots of things to do.

Does anyone have a picture of cabin 607? We've been on Majesty before and we love the ship. We were in a CC on deck 7 before, but those were all gone and we sprung for a suite. Now I'm a little concerned about the "slanted walls" can anyone help?

Does anyone have a picture of cabin 607? We've been on Majesty before and we love the ship. We were in a CC on deck 7 before, but those were all gone and we sprung for a suite. Now I'm a little concerned about the "slanted walls" can anyone help?

Radio has some pictures he's taken here: http://public.fotki.com/Radio88/norwegian-majesty--/norwegian-majesty-cabins/

It looks like all he has are owner's suite pics.

Edited by AWinkler

Last year we were in cabin 608 which is the same suite on deck 6. We had been in a suite on deck 9 previously and we enjoyed the deck 9 more. Cabin 608 was smaller but you did not find the slant in the way as far as hitting your head or anything. We did not like the set up of the living room area. The area where the bed was was great. One of the slanted windows was right over the bed and at night you could open the curtains (blinds) and look at the stars. No one can see in since there is nothing above you that anyone can be on and see in.

I don't think the horizon had any balcony cabins. I really loved the crew on the majesty TOO!

You're wrong pumpkin...the Celebrity Horizon had both standard balconies and deluxe balconies. We were in cabin 9100 twice (standard balcony cabin) and in 9102 twice...the Horizon was a favorite of mine also!

We had a 108 sq ft cabin last fall and had to store some of our clothes in suitcases under the beds. No matter, we loved the ship and the crew. We're returning, but this time, in an AB stateroom.

Some of the 145 sq ft inside cabins are actually fairly spacious.

If you're looking for classic cruising, Majesty is for you! :cool:

You're wrong pumpkin...the Celebrity Horizon had both standard balconies and deluxe balconies. We were in cabin 9100 twice (standard balcony cabin) and in 9102 twice...the Horizon was a favorite of mine also!

Are you sure you're not getting the Horizon mixed up with another ship?

Here's the deck plan showing 9100 and there's no 9102 showing anywhere.:confused:

I know they retrofitted some balconies on the Zenith after she went to Pullmantur and possibly did the same with the Horizon which went to Island Cruises in 2004.

Horizon.gif

Are you sure you're not getting the Horizon mixed up with another ship?

Here's the deck plan showing 9100 and there's no 9102 showing anywhere.:confused:

I know they retrofitted some balconies on the Zenith after she went to Pullmantur and possibly did the same with the Horizon which went to Island Cruises in 2004.

Horizon.gif

Jeez it stinks getting old! :D Wrong deck? Wrong cabin #'s? Now I'm not sure anymore. Arrrrgh!

Edited by cv322

• 5 years later...

My partner and myself have booked the Thomson Majesty Adriatic for a week, we will have been married a week when we go in June, we are also staying in Corfu for a week after the cruise. This is our first ever cruise so thought we would do just a week on a ship and a week in a hotel to test the waters.

We have pre-booked cabin 607, which is at the front of the ship on the Majesty, would someone please let me know what this room is like for honeymooners, if you have a picture that would be great. Thanks all and hope you all have a great day.

Thank you in advance.

My partner and myself have booked the Thomson Majesty Adriatic for a week, we will have been married a week when we go in June, we are also staying in Corfu for a week after the cruise. This is our first ever cruise so thought we would do just a week on a ship and a week in a hotel to test the waters.

We have pre-booked cabin 607, which is at the front of the ship on the Majesty, would someone please let me know what this room is like for honeymooners, if you have a picture that would be great. Thanks all and hope you all have a great day.

Thank you in advance.

I believe that you have posted your question on the wrong cruise line board, this one is for Norwegian Cruise Line. And the post you posted your post to, is an old one from 2009 regarding when the cruise ship was called Norwegian Majesty. It has since then been sold, and I think you might have better luck posing your question on the Thomson board:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=497

Gosh I was surprised to see a thread about the Majesty pop up onto the first page of the NCL boards today. Our 2008 cruise on the Majesty started us back into cruising, so we have very fond memories of her. Seems so long ago....

In February 2010, we encountered the now Louis Majesty in Malta (below) when we were on the Jade.

Marksway: congratulations on your wedding, and have a wonderful trip!

MajestyinMalta.jpg

(photo by turtles06)

This place is so confusing to me today.

~Robin

Norwegian Breakaway July 2014

Carnival Miracle 2010

Carnival Legend 2006

Thanks for the beautiful picture Turtles06 :)

Hmmm, it's Friday... that ship looks so small compared to the mega ships of today.

And I know it's early but maybe I need a glass of wine instead of the cup of coffee I'm drinking. :p

Thanks for the beautiful picture Turtles06 :)

Hmmm, it's Friday... that ship looks so small compared to the mega ships of today.

Thanks for the kind words about the photo.

When I posted it this morning, I was talking with my spouse about how "dated" the ship seems now -- no balconies, definitely smaller, etc. We were in a partially obstructed OV, and we had a great time, yet now, it's a balcony for us...

Times have definitely changed!