Diamond Concierge Lounge

bridog22

I was hoping to take advantage of the free drinks in the concierge lounge. :D

That's the thing.....there not exactly free.

They are either: (1) paid for in the increased cruise fare suite guests book for, or (2) paid for over time by members who have attained Diamond status- meaning they have spent a lot of money repeatedly cruising with RCCL.

It is nice to see our ship charges now. Well, nicer than our first several cruises anyways-- that was somtimes painful ;)

I understand you looking forward to the "free" drinks in the DL, but that is one of the BIG problems in the lounge today.:o The DL is getting so crowded over the past few years and getting more so every year and one of the reasons is passengers bringing in unauthorized people.

Just think if everyone brought a guest in whether they are Gold, Platinum or just cruising with someone, the lounge and service would be less than acceptable to the passengers that qualify for the DL. People think it's harmless to just bring in someone and it won't affect anything, but they don't realize that other people are doing the same thing which compounds the problem.

Last year on Adventure, the first night was so packed with people that you couldn't even hardly walk anywhere to even obtain some snacks or drinks. After the first night DeDe the concierge check everyone's Seapass cards and around 50% of the people were removed, no kidding.

Don't get upset if you're not allowed in the DL, it will just give you more anticipation for the day you do become diamond!;)

my wife and i are both diamond memebers as all of our kids are also...if the lounge is wide open then no one will have any issue's...but if at certain times of the day (free booze) it seems to be very crowded then they may start to check your sea pass card and may be asked to leave even if grandma is with you...the policy does say only for diamond memeber and up but they are pretty open about this...pick and choose your times you should be ok...

my wife and i are both diamond memebers as all of our kids are also...if the lounge is wide open then no one will have any issue's...but if at certain times of the day (free booze) it seems to be very crowded then they may start to check your sea pass card and may be asked to leave even if grandma is with you...the policy does say only for diamond memeber and up but they are pretty open about this...pick and choose your times you should be ok...

Why should he be O.K, earn the right like every one else.

This is what is going to close the Diamond lounge.

Not sure about this but don't suite guest get to use the concierge also. I mean instead of taking 10 cruises to get Diamond status I can take 1 to get the same privilege?

Yes, grand suites and higher get access to the concierge lounge.

Archived