Drink of Day punch card?

thymcruisers

We bought these on our miracle cruise feb 1st. It cost around $25 and included the first drink in a souvenir cup, then 4 more in regular cups. It is a punch card so you can have all the drinks in one day or spread them throughout the week. You can order as many drinks of the day as you like at once so people can share the card. It is only good for drinks of the day, not other drinks but you can order a drink from a different day ex: I liked the bahama mama one day so I ordered that the next day because I didn't like the drink they had for that day.

Can someone list some of the traditional DODs?

It is called the Ch ching card... You can get them from any bar on the ship.. You can buy them anytime druing your trip.. I bought 4 on the Holiday they where 23 dollors each.. I would figure they are different prices for different ships.. You get a fun ship glass with the dod in it.. the others are in a smaller glass but ya know what it is the same amount that is in the first glass...

Here's some dod from our last mex riv cruises

the non alcoholic drinks were cheaper

Goombay Smash

Pink Panther (non alcoholic)

Funship Special

Orange Blosom (non alcoholic)

Yellow Bird

Caribbean Breeze

Mexican Mama

Blue Margarita

Sangria

Madras Spritzer (non alcoholic)

Mornings they have Bloody Mary's, Screwdrivers and Mimosa's

Just got off the Elation 3-day yesterday -- from the Embarcation Day Capers:

THIRSTY? GET 20% OFF YOUR FAVORITE BEVERAGE

Coffee. Prepay 3 coffee drinks and get 20% off. Order your card at The Musical Cafe Promenade Deck 9.

Daily Drink Specials. Prepay 3 tropical "drinks of the day" and get 20% off. Order your card at any onboard bar.

Wine. Enjoy dinner with our exclusive Wine Package and save 20% on the most popular wines from around the world. Ask your waiter, Formalities Gift Shop or visit the Gatsbey Wine & Cigar Bar for details.

I did not get a card; my husband checked out the coffee card, but he was told it's for regular coffee only, none of the specialty coffee drinks.

Here is a picture of the card. Hubby paid $26.45 including tax and tip on the Miracle last month. It saves you 20% over the reg. cost. Hope this helps.

Diddo, I just looked at my statement from last month and on the Legend I was charged 26.45 for 5 drinks, that includes tax and gratuity.

You can buy as many as you want on any day of the week, I’m talking about the cards. I noticed that one bar was using the regular DOD glass so we used him for the whole week. However if you ever poured a regular drink glass into a DOD souvenir glass you know that there is not much if any difference in the size. The souvenir glasses just look bigger.

We bought these on our miracle cruise feb 1st. It cost around $25 and included the first drink in a souvenir cup, then 4 more in regular cups. It is a punch card so you can have all the drinks in one day or spread them throughout the week. You can order as many drinks of the day as you like at once so people can share the card. It is only good for drinks of the day, not other drinks but you can order a drink from a different day ex: I liked the bahama mama one day so I ordered that the next day because I didn't like the drink they had for that day.

Just got off the Liberty and this is how it worked.

Drink of the Days are 6.95 with the souvenier glass and 3.75 regular. So if this card costs less than 21.95 BEFORE tax and tip, it's a GREAT deal.
As I think 2 people pointed out, it's about a 20% savings, assuming you'd drink 5 drinks of the day (1 souvenir, 4 regulars). It's NOT like the soda card where you can drink unlimited amounts for one upfront price, if that's what people are thinking.

OK, I'm confused...

A previous poster stated that the DOD prices are $6.95 in a souvenir cup and $3.75 for a "regular" cup... can anyone confirm these prices??

Because if that's the case, 1 souvenir + 4 regular comes out to $21.95, in which case $23 for the card definitely is NOT a 20% savings...

:confused:

OK, I'm confused...

A previous poster stated that the DOD prices are $6.95 in a souvenir cup and $3.75 for a "regular" cup... can anyone confirm these prices??

Because if that's the case, 1 souvenir + 4 regular comes out to $21.95, in which case $23 for the card definitely is NOT a 20% savings...

:confused:

That is true, drinks that are not in the souvenir glass are 3.75 before tax and gratuity, not sure what that would be with the tax and gratuity included however last month on the Legend when I ask for a DOD in a regular glass I was told that she didn’t have any that I needed a drink card . The only time that I saw any bar serving in those glasses were (A) when someone was using their drink card or (B) when they served Bloody Mary’s in the mornings other than that I didn’t see any. Not like I have in the past

Maybe they stopped selling in those regular drink glasses when they came out with the drink card, I really would like to know has anyone purchased a DOD in a regular glass without using the new drink card?

I have had a couple bartenders tell me the DOD was 'the same price in a regular cup'. :rolleyes: (from reading CC I knew this was untrue) I just said 'oh, thats ok, Ill gat one later' and went to a different bartender.

After all, One only needs so many cheap plastic cups ;)

itsn't the DOD $5.95 without the souvenir cup? or its $4.95 but i've never seen a drink besides a soda cheaper than $4.95. I may be wrong but in my capers from the Fantasy last month says DOD only $6.95 and $5.95 refills, so it doesn't seem right that for it to be in a regular cup to be $3 less.

Archived