Drink of Day punch card?

thymcruisers

The 6.95/3.75 price was straight out of my Nov Capers. I don't know if the other prices listed were including tips or not. I think you'll have to do the math once you get on board. A lot of people don't realize it, but the dod prices are listed on the capers, they also don't realize you can get a capers as you are boarding the ship, along with a little map of the ship. I grab a couple. Sure makes life easier.

I'm probably going to be repeating posts b/c I didn't want to read 3 pages. DOD card available as many times as you want. Ten a day is ok. Just buy them from your bartender whenever you want for $23.00 + tip. This card includes one (1) souvenier glass. We're just off of the Freedom and DW bought a couple.

With the first punch they give you the DOD in a souvenir cup right? Then with the rest of the card do you get refills in the souvenir cup?:confused:

Exactly. Now, if you get to know and have fun with your servers you just "might" get a freebie glass. By the end of our b2b we were getting free galsses for almost every drink. DW paid for a refill and it was served in the souvenier glass. Remember have fun with them, call them by name, look out for them. On the Freedom, K-Man was one of the best.

Also, when you're in Florida waters you have to pay a sales tax. One day leaving port, I ordered a bucket of beer but didn't want to pay the tax, and I told K-Man that. So he punched it in after we were out of Florida waters.

I think they will put it in a regular glass but I think there is less quantity if they put it in the regular glass.

I think they both hold about the same, I poured my regular glass into my souvenir glass and it filled it up. I know they don't look like it would but it did.

You don't have to drag the original plastic cup around each time do you? Will they put it in a regular cup for you after the first one?

A year ago on my last cruise on Holiday, we would bring up the souvenier glass to the bar for a refill and they would take it and give us a new one. I remember being upset because my first one broke. We ended getting a new glass everytime we went for a "refill." Like I said, that was a year ago, so could be completely different now on other ships.

• 2 weeks later...
A year ago on my last cruise on Holiday, we would bring up the souvenier glass to the bar for a refill and they would take it and give us a new one. I remember being upset because my first one broke. We ended getting a new glass everytime we went for a "refill." Like I said, that was a year ago, so could be completely different now on other ships.

Let us know if they have the punch card, how much it costs and what it includes now. Thanks.

I always trade in my glass to get a new one at the refill price.

Hi Everyone,

I noticed with all the information about this, no one had yet printed the link which answered all of my questions. Hope this helps if you are still looking for answers. BTW, this is courtesy of a friend from our Pride 3/22 Panama Canal roll call...Sherman Oaks knows everything!

Original thread here:http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=936099

Hi Everyone,

I noticed with all the comments, no one had yet posted the link that answered everything, at least in my opinion. Hope this helps. It's from one of our fellow cruisers on the Pride, 3/22 panama Canal cruise, Sherman Oaks. Sherm knows everything!!

Original thread here:http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=936099

I read somewhere that Carnival has a "drink of day" punch card that you can buy on the first day of your cruise! Anyone have info on this??

Thanks - we are cruising out of NO on March 30!

Yes, it's called Cha Cha Cha Ching. The first drink is in the tall carnival cup and the next 4 are supposed to be in small rocks cups. Hal;f the time our server gave us the tall Carnival cup. It works out to be like 20% off, I think. You must use them though. No cash back for unused drinks and you cannot keep it til your next cruise.

Can't wait to check this out when I sail.

Carnival is saving some time not having to get signatures for drinks and making money for drinks not claimed.

Some of the servers made us show sail and sign card and sign for the drink. The receipt show Zero, so I didn't mind. At the end of the cruise, they showed up on our final report with a zero. Good accounting by doing it this way.

Thanks for the info everyone!:D Special thanks for Ann for the info thread!:D

Now, here's my question. I now know how much it costs for the card and where to get them, and that all ships have them, what I don't know is this...if I use my DOD card and get the drink of the day...what are the steps for getting a refill the same day, how much does the refill cost, and how many of them may I get (not that I would want more than 2, mind you, or else I'd probably be hitting on Fun Freddie and making an @#$ out of myself:D). Thanks for any responses!

We bought these on our miracle cruise feb 1st. It cost around $25 and included the first drink in a souvenir cup, then 4 more in regular cups.

Is there a size difference between the souvenir cup and regular cup? Does anyone have any pics of the souvenir cup? (I've not sailed before... but will be sailing in June).

Thanks for the info everyone!:D Special thanks for Ann for the info thread!:D

Now, here's my question. I now know how much it costs for the card and where to get them, and that all ships have them, what I don't know is this...if I use my DOD card and get the drink of the day...what are the steps for getting a refill the same day, how much does the refill cost, and how many of them may I get (not that I would want more than 2, mind you, or else I'd probably be hitting on Fun Freddie and making an @#$ out of myself:D). Thanks for any responses!

You just use each car until you've order all of the drinks, you can use it all in one day or spread it out. You can also buy multiple cards, so if you were going on a five day cruise and planning to drink two a day, you could buy two cards.

I bought one and liked it b/c reminded me to try different drinks on different days. Yes about 20% discount so if you plan on having at least 5 drinks in a week it's worth buying one or as many as you need.

Ok,at the risk of sounding like a total ding bat....Ok,so as far as the DOD cups....

DOes that mean that you purchase one at the 20ish price and get Free refills up to 4 punches? I will be cruising the first time 3/20/10 on Triumph.So,if hubby and I plan to stay buzzed the whole time,can I buy one a day?

I read on the website about this,but was still confused....:)

Archived