Monarch/is she in good shape?

Ladder55

I was on the Monarch in Sept and Dec 2008. Most of the Public Area was refurbished in Nov 2008. Some of the public restroom was redone. Othewise very friendly crews and great Captains, Captain Karin and Rick. Of course the bathroom in the stateroom is smaller than the newer ships, but its great for short cruise.

Just back from a weekend cruise today. The ship was in great shape. A few areas are showing wear- some carpet and fabric on some couches, but this in no way impacted our trip. Great itinerary, great crew, great food...we had a SO cabin and were glad we did. There was room to move around the bed on all sides and lots of storage! I'd definately sail her again!

Was on the ship the last weekend in January. She was in really good shape. Even though the ship was full, it never seemed crowded, either. Really nice for a weekend cruise and it was my first time on a "smaller" ship.

Jen

Hi,

I might be the only one that has anything negative to say about the Monarch. I sailed it twice last 2 years and, both times the wife & I thought that most of the lounges smelled pretty bad near the bar area. The Schooner bar, our favorite on every ship, was unbearable. I hope they remedied this for the new itinerary. I did like the remodel.

She's one of my favorite small ships...best food of most RCL ships IMO, and some of the best staff. I always get a JS so I can enjoy the balcony for wine sipping, and its usually just a few $ more and well worth it. This ship is great for shorter getaways to the Bahamas and sail her often as I can.

Yes we just cruised on Monarch on a 4 night and a 3 night cruise and she is in very good shape just a few things different from the Sovereign that she replaced. No Johnny Rockets and they have a restrauant called Jade that they charge for the sushi. They still have the coffee shop Seattle Coffee and the Ice Cream Ben and Jerry's charge also. They do not have the soft serve ice cream on pool deck like the other ships. Let me know if you have any other questions email : glittergirlfl@yahoo.com -Annemarie

Hi,

I might be the only one that has anything negative to say about the Monarch. I sailed it twice last 2 years and, both times the wife & I thought that most of the lounges smelled pretty bad near the bar area. The Schooner bar, our favorite on every ship, was unbearable. I hope they remedied this for the new itinerary. I did like the remodel.

We just came off the Monarch in January 30th and we spent much of the time in the Schooner bar playing cards and drinking also for the Super Bowl game did not find any smell at all. The ship was very clean and well kept.

Hi,

When we sailed on her last month, no smells like you mentioned were noticed.

Archived